Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Old 07-03-08, 10:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Living Deadpan
Right now they have the Zodiac Director's Cut for $17.99! Great deal with the 15% off coupon.
Thanks for the info. Good deal.
Old 07-04-08, 03:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Living Deadpan
Thanks for the link! For some reason, when I do a search under 'zodiac' it doesn't show up.
Old 07-04-08, 11:51 AM
sb5
DVD Talk Special Edition

Not that it matters now, but if you go to the listing for the one version of Zodiac that comes up in search, there's a section titled "Other Formats" which is where you can get to the Director's Cut.

Barnes and Noble's website usually only shows one DVD version of a movie when you search. It's kinda confusing.

Last edited by sb5; 07-04-08 at 01:35 PM.
Old 07-04-08, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks... I guess that explains it!
Old 07-06-08, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

10% CashBack with DiscoverCard (Must have account):

https://www.discovercard.com/cardmem...=true&catId=50
Old 07-07-08, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The coupon list is updated.
Old 07-14-08, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

List updated. Nothing new added just removing some expired coupons from the list.
Old 07-15-08, 06:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Sounds like B&N is going to try something new. This link says something about a savings card, that apparently you get when you renew. You can use it online and in-stores (or so it says) but there is no printable portion (yet).
http://cart2.barnesandnoble.com/shop...1&promoid=4806

It sounds just like their standard 20% off renewal coupon. I'm not sure what makes it a "savings card".
Old 07-15-08, 07:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

FYI to all, Get Smart S1 pre-order is at 30% off right now. Combined with membership, the Visa link (for free shipping), and a 15% off coupon, it comes to $14.xx shipped. Great bargain for a great show!
Old 07-15-08, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Sounds like B&N is going to try something new. This link says something about a savings card, that apparently you get when you renew. You can use it online and in-stores (or so it says) but there is no printable portion (yet).
http://cart2.barnesandnoble.com/shop...1&promoid=4806

It sounds just like their standard 20% off renewal coupon. I'm not sure what makes it a "savings card".
I think this is an offer B&N sends in the mail to some members to try to get them renew their memberships, and they started calling it a savings card instead of a coupon. It appears they send a online code along with a store coupon. B&N seems to issue one of these monthly, and I noticed recently they started calling it by the new name. Here's a few links to previous offers that are similar to the one you saw. If you notice one month it was a coupon, but the next month it was called a savings card. You're correct it is like a regular renewal coupon. Except there is no printable online store coupon available for this one.

http://cart2.barnesandnoble.com/shop...1&promoid=4552

http://cart2.barnesandnoble.com/shop...1&promoid=4689
Old 07-17-08, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts
* You Must Remember This: The Warner Bros. Story
* Richard Schickel, George Perry
* Hardcover
* ISBN-13: 9780762434183

$27.00

I preordered the companion book to the new Warner Bros documentary using the 20% off coupon .
Old 07-19-08, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I just noticed that the 3 portals that can be used for free shipping only provide free shipping on books, cds and dvds. I wanted to order a game and the "Toys and Games" category doesn't come up if you use those links.
Old 07-20-08, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Doc Moonlight
I just noticed that the 3 portals that can be used for free shipping only provide free shipping on books, cds and dvds. I wanted to order a game and the "Toys and Games" category doesn't come up if you use those links.
I'll update the information on the main coupon list when I have more time. I was wondering if there was a way to get around that but it appears there is not. I tried adding a game to my cart through the normal B&N web site and then going through one of the free shipping links. The game was still there in my cart but it wouldn't let me checkout. I got the following message when I tried to go through the checkout process.

! The following merchandise cannot be purchased on the Barnes & Noble.com Business to Business order path. If you wish to checkout with your current contents, please return to www.bn.com.
Old 07-21-08, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Updated the coupon list. Removed the expired coupons and added several new ones. I found a new 20% code that looks like it will work if you have a Barnes & Noble Mastercard. However it's not active yet on my account. Might be interesting to see if it will work with other credit cards when it's activated. Since there is not a start date listed for the coupon it could get activated anytime.

Also is anyone able to get coupon code C3V4T9A to work on pre-orders? The code was supposed to start working July 16, but so far I can't get it to work on anything I added to my cart that is a pre-order. Unless there is confirmation the code is working I will leave it off the current list of active coupons.
Old 07-21-08, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
Also is anyone able to get coupon code C3V4T9A to work on pre-orders? The code was supposed to start working July 16, but so far I can't get it to work on anything I added to my cart that is a pre-order. Unless there is confirmation the code is working I will leave it off the current list of active coupons.
I couldn't get it to work either. When did they change to Java checkout screens? I must not have bought anything in a while...
Old 07-21-08, 11:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

They made the checkout changes about a week ago.
Old 07-27-08, 02:09 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That's a great deal on Zodiac 2-disc. Count me in at $15 shipped.
Old 07-27-08, 11:16 PM

Can I use:

Barnes & Noble MasterCard Cardmembers
To save an Extra 20% ONLINE, enter coupon code N7P8K9P at checkout. The 20% discount will be applied to the highest-priced item in your cart when using a B&N Mastercard. This coupon expires January 1, 2009 at 2:59 a.m. Eastern Time.

with the free shipping (Visa) link? It hasn't been working for me.
Old 07-27-08, 11:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

^
I updated my post since the code is working and I can answer the question about the Visa link. I tested the B&N Mastercard code through the Visa link and it worked fine using my B&N Mastercard. Since I used a non members account for the test a 5% discount, free shipping stacked with the 20% coupon. It should also work with the Military.com and auto club links. I think the big question is will the code work with other credit cards besides a B&N Mastercard, or at least any Mastercard. So far I don't have an answer for that question.

Last edited by Laser Movies; 07-28-08 at 12:52 PM.
Old 07-28-08, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The main coupon list is now updated. Removed several expired coupons and added some new ones. I also added the new 20% B&N Mastercard coupon to the active list this morning since it is now working. I have B&N Mastercard and it worked on both a members and non-members account when tested. If the code works with other credit cards please post so I can update the information. It's also the last week to use the member 20% off coupon before it expires next week. But there is another new 20% member code to replace it after it expires.
Old 07-29-08, 12:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I just placed my first order in a long time. I see that their new system no longer stacks coupons with the member's discount. When using the 20% coupon, plus membership discount, it used to take 30% off of their online sale price. Now it deducts the coupon first, then the member's discount after (which is how it always worked in-store, but online it used to combine them and deduct at once). I know it isn't all that much more (56 cents more in the order I just placed) but it all adds up...
Anyway, I ordered Robot Chicken Star Wars for $8.47 shipped using a 15% coupon, and Heroes S2 for $21 shipped using a 20% coupon...
Office S4 is also at 30% off right now, in case anyone is looking for bargains. I'll be ordering that soon. I still have like $100 in gift cards from them...

Last edited by kenbenobi; 07-29-08 at 12:53 AM.
Old 07-29-08, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
I just placed my first order in a long time. I see that their new system no longer stacks coupons with the member's discount. When using the 20% coupon, plus membership discount, it used to take 30% off of their online sale price. Now it deducts the coupon first, then the member's discount after (which is how it always worked in-store, but online it used to combine them and deduct at once). I know it isn't all that much more (56 cents more in the order I just placed) but it all adds up...
Anyway, I ordered Robot Chicken Star Wars for $8.47 shipped using a 15% coupon, and Heroes S2 for $21 shipped using a 20% coupon...
Office S4 is also at 30% off right now, in case anyone is looking for bargains. I'll be ordering that soon. I still have like $100 in gift cards from them...
I'm confused. I haven't made any purchases since the recent web site upgrades. However, when I add an item to my cart and go through checkout I'm getting the members discount taken off before the coupon is applied. Anyway I compared the discounts to an item I added to my cart to something I purchased back in May. Both items had the same identical price before a 10% members and 15% coupon discounts were subtracted. When the discounts were deducted from the cart item the final price was exactly the same as the May order. I'm not seeing anything different in price calculations with member and coupon discounts. Am I missing something?
Old 07-29-08, 12:20 PM

Last week, I ordered a $39.99 item that was 15% off and used a 15% coupon and my membership. The discounted cost was calculated like this:

$39.99 - $6.00 (15% off list price) = $33.99 (online price) - $3.40 (10% member discount) = $30.59 - $4.59 (15% off coupon) = $26.00

I noticed this was a little more than my personal calculation (I always like to check using a calculator to make sure the discounts are applied correctly!). For the past few years, B&N would indeed lump the online discount and the coupon together like this:

$39.99 - $6.00 (15% off list price) = $33.99 (online price) - $8.50 (25% discount = 10% member discount + 15% off coupon) = $25.49

Not a huge difference, but B&N have definitely changed the way the discounts are applied. Basically, it looks like any coupon is taken off the member price now, whereas previously the coupon percentage was added to the member discount before being applied to the online price.
Old 07-29-08, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by diditagain
Last week, I ordered a $39.99 item that was 15% off and used a 15% coupon and my membership. The discounted cost was calculated like this:

$39.99 - $6.00 (15% off list price) = $33.99 (online price) - $3.40 (10% member discount) = $30.59 - $4.59 (15% off coupon) = $26.00

I noticed this was a little more than my personal calculation (I always like to check using a calculator to make sure the discounts are applied correctly!). For the past few years, B&N would indeed lump the online discount and the coupon together like this:

$39.99 - $6.00 (15% off list price) = $33.99 (online price) - $8.50 (25% discount = 10% member discount + 15% off coupon) = $25.49

Not a huge difference, but B&N have definitely changed the way the discounts are applied. Basically, it looks like any coupon is taken off the member price now, whereas previously the coupon percentage was added to the member discount before being applied to the online price.
Okay now I see what's going on. I went back through my order history and from what I can tell B&N started changing the calculations on orders I placed as far back as April that look like the first example given. Members price was calculated off the online price, and the members coupon discount calculated off members price. Orders from earlier months appeared to get calculated like the second example you gave that combined them together. It doesn't appear the recent web site upgrade had anything to do with the calculation changes since B&N started doing this several monthes ago.
Old 07-30-08, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
Okay now I see what's going on. I went back through my order history and from what I can tell B&N started changing the calculations on orders I placed as far back as April that look like the first example given. Members price was calculated off the online price, and the members coupon discount calculated off members price. Orders from earlier months appeared to get calculated like the second example you gave that combined them together. It doesn't appear the recent web site upgrade had anything to do with the calculation changes since B&N started doing this several monthes ago.
The change must have occurred sometime in April then. My April 7 order calculated the old way, with the members discount and coupon combined and taken off at the same time. I didn't place another order until July 15.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.