Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Adult DVD Reviews | Video Game Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews


Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -


Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-03-08, 07:24 AM   #51
Living Deadpan
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_Tahoe
Would you mind providing a link? I can't seem to find it on their website.
http://video.barnesandnoble.com//e/97361313122/?itm=
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-08, 10:29 PM   #52
boku68
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Blue Springs MO
Posts: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Living Deadpan
Right now they have the Zodiac Director's Cut for $17.99! Great deal with the 15% off coupon.
Thanks for the info. Good deal.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-08, 03:14 AM   #53
Al_Tahoe
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,577
Quote:
Originally Posted by Living Deadpan
Thanks for the link! For some reason, when I do a search under 'zodiac' it doesn't show up.
__________________
THIS is the business we've chosen
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-08, 11:51 AM   #54
sb5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 946
Not that it matters now, but if you go to the listing for the one version of Zodiac that comes up in search, there's a section titled "Other Formats" which is where you can get to the Director's Cut.

Barnes and Noble's website usually only shows one DVD version of a movie when you search. It's kinda confusing.

Last edited by sb5; 07-04-08 at 01:35 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-08, 12:20 PM   #55
Al_Tahoe
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,577
Thanks... I guess that explains it!
__________________
THIS is the business we've chosen
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-08, 09:57 AM   #56
PGHFlyer
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 1,892
10% CashBack with DiscoverCard (Must have account):

https://www.discovercard.com/cardmem...=true&catId=50
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-08, 12:16 PM   #57
Laser Movies
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Formerly known as (ahem) "LASERMOVIES"/California
Posts: 9,194
The coupon list is updated.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-08, 12:13 PM   #58
Laser Movies
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Formerly known as (ahem) "LASERMOVIES"/California
Posts: 9,194
List updated. Nothing new added just removing some expired coupons from the list.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-08, 06:43 PM   #59
kenbenobi
DVD Talk Legend
 
kenbenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 10,334
Sounds like B&N is going to try something new. This link says something about a savings card, that apparently you get when you renew. You can use it online and in-stores (or so it says) but there is no printable portion (yet).
http://cart2.barnesandnoble.com/shop...1&promoid=4806

It sounds just like their standard 20% off renewal coupon. I'm not sure what makes it a "savings card".
__________________
Black Friday Haul: http://forum.dvdtalk.com/11901095-post11.html
My BD Collection (still a work in progress): http://www.blu-ray.com/community/collection.php?u=90619
Old version of collection (mainly DVD's and HD-DVD's): http://glyde.com/collections/kenbenobi
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-08, 07:01 PM   #60
kenbenobi
DVD Talk Legend
 
kenbenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 10,334
FYI to all, Get Smart S1 pre-order is at 30% off right now. Combined with membership, the Visa link (for free shipping), and a 15% off coupon, it comes to $14.xx shipped. Great bargain for a great show!
__________________
Black Friday Haul: http://forum.dvdtalk.com/11901095-post11.html
My BD Collection (still a work in progress): http://www.blu-ray.com/community/collection.php?u=90619
Old version of collection (mainly DVD's and HD-DVD's): http://glyde.com/collections/kenbenobi
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-08, 08:02 PM   #61
Laser Movies
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Formerly known as (ahem) "LASERMOVIES"/California
Posts: 9,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Sounds like B&N is going to try something new. This link says something about a savings card, that apparently you get when you renew. You can use it online and in-stores (or so it says) but there is no printable portion (yet).
http://cart2.barnesandnoble.com/shop...1&promoid=4806

It sounds just like their standard 20% off renewal coupon. I'm not sure what makes it a "savings card".
I think this is an offer B&N sends in the mail to some members to try to get them renew their memberships, and they started calling it a savings card instead of a coupon. It appears they send a online code along with a store coupon. B&N seems to issue one of these monthly, and I noticed recently they started calling it by the new name. Here's a few links to previous offers that are similar to the one you saw. If you notice one month it was a coupon, but the next month it was called a savings card. You're correct it is like a regular renewal coupon. Except there is no printable online store coupon available for this one.

http://cart2.barnesandnoble.com/shop...1&promoid=4552

http://cart2.barnesandnoble.com/shop...1&promoid=4689
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-08, 02:05 PM   #62
Classic Films
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 2,304
* You Must Remember This: The Warner Bros. Story
* Richard Schickel, George Perry
* Hardcover
* ISBN-13: 9780762434183

$27.00

I preordered the companion book to the new Warner Bros documentary using the 20% off coupon .
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-08, 09:45 PM   #63
Doc Moonlight
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: DFW
Posts: 2,312
I just noticed that the 3 portals that can be used for free shipping only provide free shipping on books, cds and dvds. I wanted to order a game and the "Toys and Games" category doesn't come up if you use those links.
__________________
"Red hair and black leather is my favorite color scheme..."-Richard Thompson
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-08, 02:40 PM   #64
Laser Movies
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Formerly known as (ahem) "LASERMOVIES"/California
Posts: 9,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Moonlight
I just noticed that the 3 portals that can be used for free shipping only provide free shipping on books, cds and dvds. I wanted to order a game and the "Toys and Games" category doesn't come up if you use those links.
I'll update the information on the main coupon list when I have more time. I was wondering if there was a way to get around that but it appears there is not. I tried adding a game to my cart through the normal B&N web site and then going through one of the free shipping links. The game was still there in my cart but it wouldn't let me checkout. I got the following message when I tried to go through the checkout process.

Quote:
! The following merchandise cannot be purchased on the Barnes & Noble.com Business to Business order path. If you wish to checkout with your current contents, please return to www.bn.com.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-08, 12:46 PM   #65
Laser Movies
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Formerly known as (ahem) "LASERMOVIES"/California
Posts: 9,194
Updated the coupon list. Removed the expired coupons and added several new ones. I found a new 20% code that looks like it will work if you have a Barnes & Noble Mastercard. However it's not active yet on my account. Might be interesting to see if it will work with other credit cards when it's activated. Since there is not a start date listed for the coupon it could get activated anytime.

Also is anyone able to get coupon code C3V4T9A to work on pre-orders? The code was supposed to start working July 16, but so far I can't get it to work on anything I added to my cart that is a pre-order. Unless there is confirmation the code is working I will leave it off the current list of active coupons.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-08, 09:45 PM   #66
kenbenobi
DVD Talk Legend
 
kenbenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 10,334
Quote:
Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
Also is anyone able to get coupon code C3V4T9A to work on pre-orders? The code was supposed to start working July 16, but so far I can't get it to work on anything I added to my cart that is a pre-order. Unless there is confirmation the code is working I will leave it off the current list of active coupons.
I couldn't get it to work either. When did they change to Java checkout screens? I must not have bought anything in a while...
__________________
Black Friday Haul: http://forum.dvdtalk.com/11901095-post11.html
My BD Collection (still a work in progress): http://www.blu-ray.com/community/collection.php?u=90619
Old version of collection (mainly DVD's and HD-DVD's): http://glyde.com/collections/kenbenobi
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-08, 11:20 PM   #67
Laser Movies
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Formerly known as (ahem) "LASERMOVIES"/California
Posts: 9,194
They made the checkout changes about a week ago.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-08, 02:09 AM   #68
alfonsosoriano
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
alfonsosoriano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Central Connecticut
Posts: 2,810
That's a great deal on Zodiac 2-disc. Count me in at $15 shipped.
__________________
Film Collection || Blog || Letterboxd || Twitter
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-08, 11:16 PM   #69
Watson2
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 97
Can I use:

Barnes & Noble MasterCard Cardmembers
To save an Extra 20% ONLINE, enter coupon code N7P8K9P at checkout. The 20% discount will be applied to the highest-priced item in your cart when using a B&N Mastercard. This coupon expires January 1, 2009 at 2:59 a.m. Eastern Time.

with the free shipping (Visa) link? It hasn't been working for me.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-08, 11:53 PM   #70
Laser Movies
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Formerly known as (ahem) "LASERMOVIES"/California
Posts: 9,194
^
I updated my post since the code is working and I can answer the question about the Visa link. I tested the B&N Mastercard code through the Visa link and it worked fine using my B&N Mastercard. Since I used a non members account for the test a 5% discount, free shipping stacked with the 20% coupon. It should also work with the Military.com and auto club links. I think the big question is will the code work with other credit cards besides a B&N Mastercard, or at least any Mastercard. So far I don't have an answer for that question.

Last edited by Laser Movies; 07-28-08 at 12:52 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-08, 12:40 PM   #71
Laser Movies
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Formerly known as (ahem) "LASERMOVIES"/California
Posts: 9,194
The main coupon list is now updated. Removed several expired coupons and added some new ones. I also added the new 20% B&N Mastercard coupon to the active list this morning since it is now working. I have B&N Mastercard and it worked on both a members and non-members account when tested. If the code works with other credit cards please post so I can update the information. It's also the last week to use the member 20% off coupon before it expires next week. But there is another new 20% member code to replace it after it expires.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-08, 12:37 AM   #72
kenbenobi
DVD Talk Legend
 
kenbenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 10,334
I just placed my first order in a long time. I see that their new system no longer stacks coupons with the member's discount. When using the 20% coupon, plus membership discount, it used to take 30% off of their online sale price. Now it deducts the coupon first, then the member's discount after (which is how it always worked in-store, but online it used to combine them and deduct at once). I know it isn't all that much more (56 cents more in the order I just placed) but it all adds up...
Anyway, I ordered Robot Chicken Star Wars for $8.47 shipped using a 15% coupon, and Heroes S2 for $21 shipped using a 20% coupon...
Office S4 is also at 30% off right now, in case anyone is looking for bargains. I'll be ordering that soon. I still have like $100 in gift cards from them...
__________________
Black Friday Haul: http://forum.dvdtalk.com/11901095-post11.html
My BD Collection (still a work in progress): http://www.blu-ray.com/community/collection.php?u=90619
Old version of collection (mainly DVD's and HD-DVD's): http://glyde.com/collections/kenbenobi

Last edited by kenbenobi; 07-29-08 at 12:53 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-08, 11:52 AM   #73
Laser Movies
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Formerly known as (ahem) "LASERMOVIES"/California
Posts: 9,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenbenobi
I just placed my first order in a long time. I see that their new system no longer stacks coupons with the member's discount. When using the 20% coupon, plus membership discount, it used to take 30% off of their online sale price. Now it deducts the coupon first, then the member's discount after (which is how it always worked in-store, but online it used to combine them and deduct at once). I know it isn't all that much more (56 cents more in the order I just placed) but it all adds up...
Anyway, I ordered Robot Chicken Star Wars for $8.47 shipped using a 15% coupon, and Heroes S2 for $21 shipped using a 20% coupon...
Office S4 is also at 30% off right now, in case anyone is looking for bargains. I'll be ordering that soon. I still have like $100 in gift cards from them...
I'm confused. I haven't made any purchases since the recent web site upgrades. However, when I add an item to my cart and go through checkout I'm getting the members discount taken off before the coupon is applied. Anyway I compared the discounts to an item I added to my cart to something I purchased back in May. Both items had the same identical price before a 10% members and 15% coupon discounts were subtracted. When the discounts were deducted from the cart item the final price was exactly the same as the May order. I'm not seeing anything different in price calculations with member and coupon discounts. Am I missing something?
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-08, 12:20 PM   #74
diditagain
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 232
Last week, I ordered a $39.99 item that was 15% off and used a 15% coupon and my membership. The discounted cost was calculated like this:

$39.99 - $6.00 (15% off list price) = $33.99 (online price) - $3.40 (10% member discount) = $30.59 - $4.59 (15% off coupon) = $26.00

I noticed this was a little more than my personal calculation (I always like to check using a calculator to make sure the discounts are applied correctly!). For the past few years, B&N would indeed lump the online discount and the coupon together like this:

$39.99 - $6.00 (15% off list price) = $33.99 (online price) - $8.50 (25% discount = 10% member discount + 15% off coupon) = $25.49

Not a huge difference, but B&N have definitely changed the way the discounts are applied. Basically, it looks like any coupon is taken off the member price now, whereas previously the coupon percentage was added to the member discount before being applied to the online price.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-08, 09:03 PM   #75
Laser Movies
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Formerly known as (ahem) "LASERMOVIES"/California
Posts: 9,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by diditagain
Last week, I ordered a $39.99 item that was 15% off and used a 15% coupon and my membership. The discounted cost was calculated like this:

$39.99 - $6.00 (15% off list price) = $33.99 (online price) - $3.40 (10% member discount) = $30.59 - $4.59 (15% off coupon) = $26.00

I noticed this was a little more than my personal calculation (I always like to check using a calculator to make sure the discounts are applied correctly!). For the past few years, B&N would indeed lump the online discount and the coupon together like this:

$39.99 - $6.00 (15% off list price) = $33.99 (online price) - $8.50 (25% discount = 10% member discount + 15% off coupon) = $25.49

Not a huge difference, but B&N have definitely changed the way the discounts are applied. Basically, it looks like any coupon is taken off the member price now, whereas previously the coupon percentage was added to the member discount before being applied to the online price.
Okay now I see what's going on. I went back through my order history and from what I can tell B&N started changing the calculations on orders I placed as far back as April that look like the first example given. Members price was calculated off the online price, and the members coupon discount calculated off members price. Orders from earlier months appeared to get calculated like the second example you gave that combined them together. It doesn't appear the recent web site upgrade had anything to do with the calculation changes since B&N started doing this several monthes ago.
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:45 PM.

Rules - DVD Talk - Archive - Privacy Statement - Top

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0
Copyright 2011 DVDTalk.com All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.