Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-12, 12:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Not to derail the thread, but I wish Amazon would do a CC sale. If they had the blus for $15 or $16 each, I'd gobble them up. I remember 2-3 years ago they would match the BN sales (I got The Seventh Seal and Wages of Fear for about $17.50 each from Amazon then), but they don't do that anymore. Pity.
Old 10-31-12, 01:05 PM

For some reason, I didn't receive the email with the discount code even though I subscribe to BN's emails. Were the emails supposed to be sent today? Does anyone have any extra codes they are able to share?
Old 10-31-12, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rammble
For some reason, I didn't receive the email with the discount code even though I subscribe to BN's emails. Were the emails supposed to be sent today? Does anyone have any extra codes they are able to share?
Yes the coupon emails were supposed to go out today. I wouldn't give up hope yet. You might still get one later. Sometimes it can take a while to send them out. I have a couple of email addresses that are signed up that have not received anything yet.
Old 10-31-12, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
Yes the coupon emails were supposed to go out today. I wouldn't give up hope yet. You might still get one later. Sometimes it can take a while to send them out. I have a couple of email addresses that are signed up that have not received anything yet.
One of my accounts just received the email an hour ago.
Old 10-31-12, 02:40 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Got a 15%er.
Old 10-31-12, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 163 Likes on 132 Posts

Quick question: Has anyone been able to use these mystery coupons on Criterions? They work online but I'd like to go instore so I can take advantage of the member discount as well.
Old 10-31-12, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by sleepyhead55
Quick question: Has anyone been able to use these mystery coupons on Criterions? They work online but I'd like to go instore so I can take advantage of the member discount as well.
My 15% off worked in store for a Criterion but the clerk said that earlier someone tried to use a coupon and it didn't work.
Old 10-31-12, 03:34 PM

Can anyone confirm if a given mystery coupon can be used once in-store and once online, or is it just one and done? I understand the wording of the coupons says in store OR online, but I'm curious if a coupon used online might work in-store anyway.
Old 10-31-12, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Classic Films
My 15% off worked in store for a Criterion but the clerk said that earlier someone tried to use a coupon and it didn't work.
They could have tried to use a coupon that was already redeemed either online or at a store. The coupons are valid only once.
Old 10-31-12, 04:18 PM

For American Express cardholders: I've noticed that AmEx has been automatically crediting me 5% cash back for bn.com purchases, including purchases with coupons.
Old 10-31-12, 04:58 PM

Hmm. Still no coupon via email. Was hoping to get the Alfred Hitchcock collection along with an Air Miles deal that expires today.

Oh, well.

Hope everything's okay with the folks at BN. I know their corporate offices were in the hurricane zone.
Old 10-31-12, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

If you didn't get any of the surprise coupons these are coming next week. Hopefully there will be some generic coupons available that anyone can use. However the last few member coupons used unique codes that required email delivery.

20% Off One Item Coupon Details:

For each valid and current Barnes & Noble Member account, this coupon can be redeemed once at any Barnes & Noble retail store or once per billing address online at BN.com.

This coupon is valid at BN.com from November 8, 2012 at 12:01am to November 12, 2012 at 2:59am Eastern Time, and at Barnes & Noble stores from November 8, 2012 to November 11, 2012 at close of business. 

The additional 20% discount will be applied to the most expensive eligible item in the order - not the entire purchase - and will be deducted after all other eligible discounts, including (if applicable) the standard Member discount, are applied.

Additional Rules Governing Use of this Coupon: This coupon is (i) not redeemable for cash or cash equivalents (including Gift Cards and eGift Cards); (ii) not valid on past purchases; (iii) not eligible for purchases of the following products and services: Barnes & Noble Memberships, Gift Cards, eGift Cards, gift-wrapping, textbooks, digital content (including but not limited to NOOK Books"!, NOOK Magazines"!, NOOK Newspapers, and NOOK Periodicals), NOOK ® devices, NOOK accessories that are already discounted, other hardware and electronics, software, products available for pre-order, products from the Rosetta Stone Series, in-store purchases of Print Magazines, or products marked as not eligible for "coupons or promotional discounts," (iv) not valid on purchases made from third parties accessible from the BN.COM website (e.g., used books, etc.); (v) not valid on applicable sales tax or shipping or handling expenses; (vi) may not be combined with any other coupon or promotional discount; and (vii) may not be combined with the Educator program discount. This coupon is not valid at Barnes & Noble College bookstores or websites. Barnes&Noble.com is not responsible for typographical or pictorial errors.

15% Off One Item Coupon Details:

For each customer, this coupon can be redeemed once at any Barnes & Noble retail store or once per billing address online at BN.com.

This coupon is valid at BN.com from November 8, 2012 at 12:01am to November 12, 2012 at 2:59am Eastern Time, and at Barnes & Noble stores from November 8, 2012 to November 11, 2012 at close of business.

This coupon entitles you to 15% off one eligible item in your order. The discount will be applied to the most expensive eligible item in the order - not the entire purchase - and will be deducted after all other eligible discounts, including (if applicable) the standard Member discount, are applied.

Additional Rules Governing Use of this Coupon: This coupon is (i) not redeemable for cash or cash equivalents (including Gift Cards and eGift Cards); (ii) not valid on past purchases; (iii) not eligible for purchases of the following products and services: Barnes & Noble Memberships, Gift Cards, eGift Cards, gift-wrapping, textbooks, digital content (including but not limited to NOOK Books™, NOOK Magazines™, NOOK Newspapers, and NOOK Periodicals), NOOK ® devices, NOOK accessories that are already discounted, other hardware and electronics, software, products available for pre-order, products from the Rosetta Stone Series, in-store purchases of Print Magazines, or products marked as not eligible for "coupons or promotional discounts," (iv) not valid on purchases made from third parties accessible from the BN.COM website (e.g., used books, etc.); (v) not valid on applicable sales tax or shipping or handling expenses; (vi) may not be combined with any other coupon or promotional discount; and (vii) may not be combined with the Educator program discount. This coupon is not valid at Barnes & Noble College bookstores or websites. Barnes&Noble.com is not responsible for typographical or pictorial errors.
Old 10-31-12, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Both of the coupon codes I was sent each took off $3.00 from a $40 purchase. Big effing deal. I'm hoping something better will come along.
Old 10-31-12, 07:34 PM
Sem

Originally Posted by illennium
For American Express cardholders: I've noticed that AmEx has been automatically crediting me 5% cash back for bn.com purchases, including purchases with coupons.
Not for all cards, only for those that include OPEN network (mostly business cards)
Old 10-31-12, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Rammble
Hmm. Still no coupon via email. Was hoping to get the Alfred Hitchcock collection along with an Air Miles deal that expires today.

Oh, well.

Hope everything's okay with the folks at BN. I know their corporate offices were in the hurricane zone.
I placed an order with them on Saturday and received the following email on Tuesday. I decided to cancel today because it was about the same price at Amazon. I guess the delay would have to do with the hurricane. I have no idea where B&N ships from.

We apologize, but due to an unexpected delay, we are unable to ship the item(s) listed below in the time frame we stated in our previous email. We anticipate that your item(s) will be shipped within the next 1-5 business days. (Please note: business days are Monday through Friday, excluding holidays observed by the Post Office.) As always, you will not be charged until this item(s) ships from our warehouse.

However, if you would like to cancel this portion of your order, you may do so online at: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/orderstatus/.
Old 11-01-12, 05:08 AM

Well, I received the coupon at 11:53 last night!

Tried using it on the Alfred Hitchcock Blu-Ray Collection ($224.99) but it didn't work. I couldn't figure it out but then I noticed this on the product webpage:

Note: This item does not qualify for coupons or promotional discounts unless expressly stated.

Sonofagun! Barnes and Noble just lost a sale. Oh, well.
Old 11-01-12, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I got four (%15) coupons on accounts converted from the old Borders.com days. Those accounts don't even show up as registers users on BN.com now. Neither my wife nor I got a coupon on our main, long-established accounts. Maybe they only sent coupons to email addresses of people who had never been members before? Sounds odd if true.
Old 11-01-12, 02:57 PM

Do you think there would be a problem of getting a B&N membership and return the item I got during that transaction. Thinking of ordering Godzilla or Rosemary's Baby, then return it to the store and re-buy it with membership discounts?

Also, has anyone done a return/rebuy at BN? I did it at Best Buy during U&S to get the stock in the store to use the discount.
Old 11-01-12, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks
Do you think there would be a problem of getting a B&N membership and return the item I got during that transaction. Thinking of ordering Godzilla or Rosemary's Baby, then return it to the store and re-buy it with membership discounts?

Also, has anyone done a return/rebuy at BN? I did it at Best Buy during U&S to get the stock in the store to use the discount.
Is it worth dealing with them for $2?
Old 11-01-12, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by jwstl
Is it worth dealing with them for $2?
no, but I might be able to use the 8 off 40 coupons and bring it down to a real bargain.
Old 11-01-12, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Peep
Maybe they only sent coupons to email addresses of people who had never been members before? Sounds odd if true.
Nope, I've never been a member and they haven't sent me any e-mails (except Nook ads) in many months. And it's not like I got more than half of them back then. Heck, they never even sent me the $5 off Buzz code that everyone else got.
Old 11-01-12, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

During the last CC Sale, someone posted that Plastic Jungle was selling discounted B&N gift cards. Well, they are out right now, but I found this site that has some with a 12% discount, in case anyone is interested:

http://www.ecardexchange.com/collect...rnes-and-Noble
Old 11-02-12, 12:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks
no, but I might be able to use the 8 off 40 coupons and bring it down to a real bargain.
those won't work on regular titles. the last sale I was denied using them on anything other than $79.99 and up sets that came to $40 or more after the sale discount. They have severely cut back on allowing these things, and people trying to use the $8 off $40 coupon on regular titles are selfish dicks who are only going to make it worse for the rest of us.

The $5 off $50 works though - you can get 3 titles for $49+tax between that and the member discount. That's a fantastic deal and no abuse involved. Go nuts.
Old 11-02-12, 12:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 163 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by brizz
those won't work on regular titles. the last sale I was denied using them on anything other than $79.99 and up sets that came to $40 or more after the sale discount. They have severely cut back on allowing these things, and people trying to use the $8 off $40 coupon on regular titles are selfish dicks who are only going to make it worse for the rest of us.

The $5 off $50 works though - you can get 3 titles for $49+tax between that and the member discount. That's a fantastic deal and no abuse involved. Go nuts.
The two bn near me deny me for the exact same reason. The discounted price is set into the system ($19.99 for the regular $40 criterions) and the $8 coupon does not qualify. But other members have had success so it's a highly YMMV situation.

You might not want to go to the "other site" as some guy is bragging about using three $8 off coupons in one transaction.

My latest member account didn't get any coupons at all. But a bunch of older accounts got coupons. I really have no idea how they pick which email addresses to send to, which is why I'm hoping Laser's 20% off code for next week is a generic digit code one and not a one use only code.
Old 11-02-12, 01:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I got 2 15% coups. Used one yesterday, plan on using the other this weekend.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.