Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-12, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Laser, I've been meaning to ask, did you read the article about the California Amazon tax that was in last Sunday's LA Times? It said that Amazon will be pocketing some of the tax revenue themselves, in the form of rebates because the "community" is so happy to have them creating jobs in California. They are creating 1,000 jobs. How much extra will they be making from this tax? No wonder why they withdrew their opposition to the tax.
Old 05-24-12, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by ProfessorEcho
Laser, I've been meaning to ask, did you read the article about the California Amazon tax that was in last Sunday's LA Times? It said that Amazon will be pocketing some of the tax revenue themselves, in the form of rebates because the "community" is so happy to have them creating jobs in California. They are creating 1,000 jobs. How much extra will they be making from this tax? No wonder why they withdrew their opposition to the tax.
No, I didn't read the article. I'll have to look for it when I have more time later on. It's not surprising they cut a deal in exchange for collecting sales tax. It explains why they caved so quickly on the ballot referendum. Apparently they believe it's a win-win for them. We lose since we are the ones that are going to have to pay the sales taxes.
Old 05-24-12, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just more Crony Capitalism....
Old 05-25-12, 09:33 AM

With regard to taxes, most states have use taxes, under which persons who buy goods from out of state without paying sales tax (or enough sales tax) are supposed to pay a use tax to the state into which the goods are brought. Generally, many state income tax forms ask individual taxpayers to report the proper amount of use tax and pay it along with their income taxes. Many people do not report any use tax, which is why states would like businesses like Amazon to collect it, but if they buy something from an out of state seller without paying any sales tax, the tax is owed nevertheless.
Old 05-31-12, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by PowellPressburger
Barnes & Noble will be starting their Buy 2 get 1 Free DVD/Blu sale starting June 5th. I asked the guy in the Music and Movie Dept today.
from forum.blu-ray.com

Can you confirm LASERMOVIES?
Old 05-31-12, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I have not seen anything mentioned on the web site but I was expecting the next b2g1f sale soon. Usually it starts in June about a week after Memorial Day, so that date seems legit. It might start online sometime Monday.
Old 05-31-12, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
I have not seen anything mentioned on the web site but I was expecting the next b2g1f sale soon. Usually it starts in June about a week after Memorial Day, so that date seems legit. It might start online sometime Monday.
Hopefully there are some coupons during that sale.
Old 05-31-12, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

^
I imagine there will be more coupons during the sale. The current batch of member coupons are expiring after today but there should still be a few around for the start of the sale next week.

I saw some more member coupons are coming for June but not sure when they will start showing up. Looks like they are coupons that will get mailed out to members. I should hopefully be able to get the online codes for the coupon list.
Old 05-31-12, 01:36 PM

Hopefully they don't have any fine print stating they cannot be combined with the "Buy 2, Get 1 free" promotion.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the fine print though.
Old 05-31-12, 01:47 PM

Even in July if they don't combine coupons on top of the 50% Criterion sale I at least should be able to use my $50 in gift cards plus my 10% membership discount. 6 Criterions for $87 (added sales tax and cost of gift cards sold). I think in January or February I got $50 in gift cards for $25 for being a Verizon member. I hope they take the gift cards. I’ll bring the e-mail I received from Verizon in store when July rolls around just to be sure.

Best case is I break up the 6 movies into three separate transactions and use the inevitable 20% member and 15% non-member coupons during three transactions, plus my 10% membership discount and $50 in gift cards. Total including sales tax and the cost of the gift card sold, $66.

Not sure if they'll take the same coupons during three separate transactions. I might have to make a few trips.

I probably won't be renewing my Barnes & Noble membership after this year. Most of the Barnes & Nobles around here don't have media departments anymore. Their sales aren't that great and I usually have to combine so many discounts on top of their promotions to receive a good deal. In the 8 months between Criterion sales I could easily get tons of points by using my Chase Freedom card on everyday purchases and convert them to Amazon Gift Cards. Amazon occasionally lowers the prices of some Criterions so stocking up on the gift cards and waiting for the prices to drop on Amazon might be a better way to do it.

Last edited by Louisville S; 05-31-12 at 02:01 PM.
Old 05-31-12, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm going to try and stay optimistic on the coupons, but who knows what they will do.

I'm sitting on nearly $200 in B&N gift cards I would like to hopefully use up with the B2G1F sale and Criterion sale. It appears if stores in my area still have a media department that sell DVDs and blu-rays. But my membership is going to expire in mid July and may not renew if B&N does not allow coupons with the sales.

Also Amazon is not looking so good for me with sales tax coming in September. May have to rethink where to buy from in the future. Probably will spread out my purchases to more stores instead of relying on only a few.
Old 05-31-12, 03:32 PM

Oh, that's right about Amazon! The whole sales tax ordeal. Who knows how long it will take for Amazon to start charging sales tax in all 50 states.
Old 05-31-12, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Wikipedia has an interesting page up regarding the Amazon tax. At the moment it says only 5 states are requiring them to collect sales tax. I would expect that number to eventually go up with more states looking for ways to increase tax revenue due to the slow economy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amazon_tax
Old 05-31-12, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I hate Amazon for folding to California. This state is ridiculous with taxes, all to prop up layer upon layer of middle management who duplicate the work of others. I've never been so taxed in my life as I've been living in CA.
Old 05-31-12, 06:19 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jrsl76
I hate Amazon for folding to California. This state is ridiculous with taxes, all to prop up layer upon layer of middle management who duplicate the work of others. I've never been so taxed in my life as I've been living in CA.
Well, Amazon is getting some sort of kick back for getting taxed in California, which is why they dropped their opposition to it so fast and so quietly.
Old 05-31-12, 06:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by kodave
Well, Amazon is getting some sort of kick back for getting taxed in California, which is why they dropped their opposition to it so fast and so quietly.
I read the article in the LA Times ProfessorEcho mentioned earlier and it said the 2 cities getting the warehouses were going to rebate Amazon 75% to 80% of their share of the sales tax revenue they are going to get. It said each city is expecting to take in $8 million each.

Here's the article if anyone wants to read it.

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/may...taxes-20120520
Old 06-01-12, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

New BN Buzz online coupon, but as Laser suspected, it is only 15% off and supposely now requires that you use a Visa card:
D7L8F8R
As usual, it supposedly expires in 3 days, but typically lasts longer.
Old 06-01-12, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
New BN Buzz online coupon, but as Laser suspected, it is only 15% off and supposely now requires that you use a Visa card:
D7L8F8R
As usual, it supposedly expires in 3 days, but typically lasts longer.
Thanks for the new coupon and confirming they are now 15% codes. I tested it a short time ago and it definitely requires having a Visa card for it to work. When I tried my B&N Mastercard it said the coupon wasn't eligible until I changed payment over to a Visa card.

Also I expect the current B&N Buzz 20% code may expire soon with the new coupon getting released. The 20% code is still active today. If anyone was planning on using it better not wait too much longer.
Old 06-04-12, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

B&N put up the details for the b2g1f sale today. The sale runs through July 9. Maybe the Criterion sale will follow the week after it ends.

Buy 2 Get the 3rd Free on DVD, Blu-ray and Music Offer Details

This offer is in effect at BN.com from 12:00 a.m. EST June 5, 2012 to July 10, 2012, at 2:59 EST a.m., and at Barnes & Noble stores from June 5, 2012 to July 9, 2012 at close of business, while supplies last.

Buy three (3) or more qualifying <CDs, DVDs or Blu-ray discs> from our <Buy 2, Get the 3rd Free> promotion and get the least expensive <CD, DVD or Blu-ray> Free! Simply look for the <B2G3rd Free CD, DVD, BR > icon or message on select <CDs, DVDs or Blu-ray discs>.

At BN.com: Simply place 3 or more qualifying CDs, DVDs, or Blu-ray discs in your bn.com Shopping Bag and the least expensive single CD, DVD, or Blu-ray disc is yours FREE! Your credit for the least expensive CD, DVD or Blu-ray disc will appear at Checkout. Shipping charges may apply.

At Barnes & Noble stores: This offer applies only to the selected CD, DVD or Blu-ray titles with a “Buy 2, Get the 3rd Free” label. Buy three (3) or more qualifying CDs, DVDs, or Blu-rays and you will get the least expensive CD, DVD, or Blu-ray free.

Additional Rules Governing this Offer: This offer is (i) not redeemable for cash or cash equivalents (including Gift Cards or eGift Cards); (ii) not valid on past or pre-ordered purchases; (iii) not eligible for purchases of any other products other than CDs, DVDs or Blu-ray discs bearing the <B2G3rd Free CD, DVD, BR > icon or message (iv) not valid on shipping or handling expenses, or applicable sales tax; (v) not valid on purchases made from third parties accessible from the bn.com website (e.g., used books, PC and video games, etc.); and (vi) not valid at Barnes & Noble College retail bookstores or websites. This offer may not be combined with any other coupon or promotion, or with the Educator Discount. Void where prohibited by law.

Returns or cancellations that affect the minimum number of items purchased may result in a charge for the item of lesser value originally received as free. You will be responsible to pay any such adjustments; we reserve the right to charge your credit, debit or Gift Card in the amount of such adjustments and will notify you via e-mail of such charge or debit. Barnes&Noble.com is not responsible for typographical or pictorial errors. This offer is subject to change or discontinuation without notice; we will, however, honor properly placed orders with valid methods of payment with sufficient funds placed prior to such change or discontinuation. Void where prohibited by law.
Old 06-04-12, 11:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

B2G1F is now live!
Old 06-04-12, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

B2G1F is now live!
Hmm, not working for me yet. I'll try again in the morning I guess.
Old 06-05-12, 12:05 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Not everything is eligible. If an item is eligible it should say something on the product page that it is part of the sale.

Old 06-05-12, 12:08 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Not everything is eligible. If an item is eligible it should say something on the product page that it is part of the sale.

Yes, understood, but all three of my items have that label. I wonder if perhaps one or more of them is miscoded.
Old 06-05-12, 12:19 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I think the sale might not be active on blu-ray titles yet. I can get it to work with CDs and DVDs, but when I have blu-ray titles in my cart I'm not seeing a discount for a free title.

Last edited by Laser Movies; 06-05-12 at 04:34 PM.
Old 06-05-12, 02:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 163 Likes on 132 Posts

It's working now but I tried most of the coupons on the first page and I couldn't get any of them to stack. The only one I didn't try was the $5 off $50 one since I'm currently not a member.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.