Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-09, 08:31 PM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Bn.com has quite a good fox and mgm sale. It has more titles and box sets than sales at dd and dvdplanet. It even has new fox titles like man hunt and goldwyn follies.
Old 05-16-09, 04:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There was a post but now it's gone asking about free shipping vanishing at Visa and AAA links. I guess it was deleted. I still get free shipping at Visa but it is no longer showing up at AAA. However I noticed the AAA link is offering a 10% promotion, and has a 15% coupon available. Maybe they suspended the free shipping offer at AAA until they expire. I'll update the first page with the information about the 10% promotion and coupon.
Old 05-16-09, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry, Lasermovies -- that was me with the deleted post. I wasn't sure I'd done everything properly so deleted it until I had more time. Thank you for the updated info!
Old 05-17-09, 12:04 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I was wondering if there is any interest in free shipping coupons like this one I ran across last week? I wasn't going to post them since I thought the Visa and military.com links were a better deal for free shipping. I didn't see a purpose in posting the coupons until a recent discussion in another thread got me to reconsider it.

http://cart2.barnesandnoble.com/shop...2&promoid=6161

Online Coupon C8F8V7L Offer Details:

This coupon can only be redeemed once per customer. This coupon is valid from May 22, 2009 to May 26, 2009 at 2:59 a.m. Eastern Time. This coupon is valid for:

FAST&FREE DELIVERY

-- FAST DELIVERY in 3 business days or less

-- FREE when you spend $10 or more on eligible items*

Orders with eligible products will be delivered within 3 business days of leaving our warehouse, and when you spend $10 or more shipping is FREE.

In order to get FAST&FREE Delivery when you spend $10 or more you must:

1. Buy at least $10 of qualifying* items marked FAST&FREE DELIVERY and "Usually ships within 24 hours."

2. Proceed to Checkout; "Expedited Delivery" and "Send in as few packages as possible" will be pre-selected. (Note: Your discount will not appear on the "Shipping Options & Gift Preference" page.)

3. To apply discount, enter Coupon Code C8F8V7L at Checkout. The "Estimated Shipping" line on the Order Review page will indicate "FREE" after your discount has been applied.

4. Place your order no later than 2:59AM Eastern Standard Time on May 26, 2009.

PLEASE NOTE: In estimating when your order will arrive, please add 3 business days to the availability message displayed for every item. For example, when an item is marked "Usually ships within 24 hours," your order will arrive in 4 business days or less. Orders containing pre-ordered items will not ship until ALL items are in stock. Orders containing items marked "Usually ships in 1-2 weeks" and unusually sized or overweight items are not eligible for Fast Delivery, nor are items without the following icon on the product page:

Last edited by Laser Movies; 05-17-09 at 12:52 AM.
Old 05-17-09, 02:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Gee, I wonder what discussion from another thread you could possibly be talking about.
Based on that discussion, I suppose you should probably post them so those who are going to heaven can use them...
Old 05-17-09, 07:15 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 676 Likes on 452 Posts

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Gee, I wonder what discussion from another thread you could possibly be talking about.
Based on that discussion, I suppose you should probably post them so those who are going to heaven can use them...
Old 05-17-09, 10:50 AM

LASERMOVIES -- please post them, thanks. These type if coupons can be useful when you do not have $25 worth to get and you never know if those other links are going to change.

Thanks fir all you do in posting these coupons and deals. Never knew about the $15 one ($5 CD /$5 DVD / $5 over $40).

These are all greatly appreciated.
Old 05-17-09, 11:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I don't know I was hoping to forget it since it was starting to give me flashbacks to the Amazon 2006 Christmas fiasco. I thought I was getting sent to hell after that one since the mudslinging went on for months.

Originally Posted by forumsmy
LASERMOVIES -- please post them, thanks. These type if coupons can be useful when you do not have $25 worth to get and you never know if those other links are going to change.

Thanks fir all you do in posting these coupons and deals. Never knew about the $15 one ($5 CD /$5 DVD / $5 over $40).

These are all greatly appreciated.
I'm not sure if it is a one time thing or not with the new coupons. I never remembered seeing any free shipping coupons before, and hope it is not a sign B&N is planning on removing the no minimum free shipping offers. They did pull it at the AAA web site, but I thought it may have been because of the 10% off and 15% coupon promotion they currently are running. I'll add them to the list if there is some interest. There were 3 of them.

If you haven't used the $15 coupon I would suggest using it before it expires. It could be the last one since there was no replacement for the previous coupon that expired recently. B&N was issuing 2 new coupons a month until this month. It has me worried the end is near for those coupons.
Old 05-18-09, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
If you haven't used the $15 coupon I would suggest using it before it expires. It could be the last one since there was no replacement for the previous coupon that expired recently. B&N was issuing 2 new coupons a month until this month. It has me worried the end is near for those coupons.
I spoke too soon. A new coupon popped up this morning that I added to the list. So it looks like they will continue for a while at least. But it appears B&N may issue fewer of them since the latest coupon does not expire until July.

Last edited by Laser Movies; 05-18-09 at 11:23 AM.
Old 05-19-09, 10:21 PM

Thanks LASERMOVIES!

Also they may be issuing fewer since their usual June B2G1 sale is close and not wanting us to "double-dip." Hopefully that is what the July expiration means.
Old 05-25-09, 12:29 AM
g

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

Anybody else having trouble with their Donnie Darko and Silence of the lambs Blu-ray 2 pack? I noticed they created a new listing with a new upc code on bn.com for this item and just delayed mine by a month with the different preorder upc code..

Last edited by g; 05-25-09 at 12:36 AM.
Old 05-26-09, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by g
Anybody else having trouble with their Donnie Darko and Silence of the lambs Blu-ray 2 pack? I noticed they created a new listing with a new upc code on bn.com for this item and just delayed mine by a month with the different preorder upc code..
I had the same issue with my order. I called CS and they had me place a new order with the new UPC and they just adjusted the price to match my first order.

Edit: My order shipped today

Last edited by PhantomBill; 05-27-09 at 06:23 AM.
Old 05-26-09, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I ordered the Blu Ray 2 pack of THE PASSION OF THE CHRIST and THE ROBE. That has been delayed one month, too.
Old 05-27-09, 01:03 AM
Banned

Got this in an email, 20% off any 1 item, only good tomorrow:

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/cdsii/...filiate-coupon

Code: "P8R3B8C"
Old 05-27-09, 01:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Actually it appears there are 2 of them, and they are non-member codes. Found another one for 20% off.

A3U7Y4J

http://cart2.barnesandnoble.com/shop...2&promoid=6244
Old 05-27-09, 02:31 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I found one shortcoming of the coupons. Can't seem to get them to work through the military.com or Visa links. Says my order does not qualify. Works through the normal B&N web site. Unfortunately I'm not finding anything I want that qualifies for free shipping at the moment.
Old 05-27-09, 05:05 AM
Banned

Just to clarify, the coupon is only good today (Wednesday, 27th) until 11:59 P.M. PST (2:59 A.M. EST).
Old 05-27-09, 07:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Weird how they picked a random day for 20% coupons. Why not on Memorial Day?
Old 05-27-09, 11:40 AM

It looks like B&N have adjusted their % discounts today, so using the 20% coupon today might not be better than using a 15% coupon tomorrow.

Unless I'm remembering incorrectly, the Top 100 DVDs (not including the ones that are part of the 50% off sale) are usually 30% off, while the next few hundred are usually 20% off. Today, the Top 100 are only 20% off, and the next tier are only 10% off (Designing Women S1 is ranked 125 and should be 20% off but it isn't today).
Old 05-27-09, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
I found one shortcoming of the coupons. Can't seem to get them to work through the military.com or Visa links. Says my order does not qualify. Works through the normal B&N web site. Unfortunately I'm not finding anything I want that qualifies for free shipping at the moment.
I concur with your statement. Pretty crappy of them... I was going to get a $20 book, but no free shipping.
I might try to find something to push me over the edge, then return that item to a local store with my order receipt (where they only give store credit for web orders, not a refund)

EDIT: I did just that. I bought the 19.99 book I wanted, plus a DVD for $7.49 (well, 6.74 with the members discount). I'll return the DVD in-store with my order receipt and technically make a profit. I'll get 6.74+tax in store credit when I return it. But I'll get to keep the 10% cashback from live.com and 5% from using my B&N MC.

FYI for those that aren't aware, you don't have to be above $25 after the coupon. You just have to be $25+ for the selling price with member discount. For instance, here is my order total:
Shipment Subtotal: $21.13
Shipping & Handling: FREE
Sales Tax: $1.19
Shipment Total: $22.32

Last edited by kenbenobi; 05-27-09 at 02:32 PM.
Old 05-27-09, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by diditagain
It looks like B&N have adjusted their % discounts today, so using the 20% coupon today might not be better than using a 15% coupon tomorrow.

Unless I'm remembering incorrectly, the Top 100 DVDs (not including the ones that are part of the 50% off sale) are usually 30% off, while the next few hundred are usually 20% off. Today, the Top 100 are only 20% off, and the next tier are only 10% off (Designing Women S1 is ranked 125 and should be 20% off but it isn't today).
You are correct. That is very shifty of them. They do the same thing during their B2G1F sales, but usually not right away. You can usually get the 30% off prices for the first day or two, then they catch on. But seeing as they were smart enough to do that for a one-day coupon, I have a feeling the June sale will not have a 1-2 day loophole like usual...
Old 05-27-09, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I concur with your statement. Pretty crappy of them... I was going to get a $20 book, but no free shipping.
I might try to find something to push me over the edge, then return that item to a local store with my order receipt (where they only give store credit for web orders, not a refund)
It's bad enough B&N is only giving you one day to use the coupons, but taking away the free shipping options on a small order makes it tougher to find something. I was interested in ordering 2 $6.74 DVDs. I don't want to order something else and go through the hassle of returning it. I'm debating to just order them with the 15% coupons since they are still working with the free shipping offer. I may end up not even using the 20% coupons before they expire. B&N should at least give you a week to use the coupons.
Old 05-28-09, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Darn, I found something I want to buy that I could have used the 20% coupon on yesterday. DOH!
Old 05-29-09, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

B&N has a page up for the B2G1 free sale. Not sure when the sale will officially start but would assume very soon.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/email/...?r=1&PID=28469

Buy 2 DVDs, Get 3rd FREE Offer Details:
This offer ends July 7, 2009 at 2:59 am while supplies last. Choose 3 qualifying DVDs and the least expensive DVD is yours FREE! Simply look for the "Buy 2, Get the 3rd FREE DVD & Blu-ray" icon on select DVDs online at Barnes & Noble.com.

When you purchase three (3) or more DVDs or Blu-ray discs with the FREE DVD & BLU-RAY OFFER icon, you get the least expensive DVD or Blu-ray disc for free. Your credit for the least expensive disc will appear at Checkout. This offer is valid for one order per individual. This offer may not be combined with any other coupon or any discount promotion. Barnes & Noble Member program discounts will apply. Shipping charges may also apply.

This offer is not redeemable for cash, cash equivalents, Gift Cards or online Gift Certificates and is not valid on past purchases or purchases made from third parties accessible from the www.bn.com web site (e.g., used books, PC and video games, etc.). Please follow the return instructions provided on your packing slip or you may contact Barnes & Noble.com customer service for questions on return processing. This offer is subject to change or discontinuation without notice; we will, however, honor properly placed orders with valid methods of payment placed prior to such change or discontinuation. Barnes & Noble.com is not responsible for typographical or pictorial errors. This offer is also valid for all DVD and Blu-ray titles at Barnes & Noble stores with a Music/DVD Department. This offer is not valid in any Barnes & Noble College bookstore.

Returns or cancellations which affect the minimum number of items purchased may result in forfeiture of discounts applied at the time an order is placed and you will be responsible to pay any such adjustments; we reserve the right to charge your credit, debit or Gift Card in the amount of such adjustments and will notify you via e-mail of such charge or debit. Void where prohibited by law.
Old 05-29-09, 05:01 PM

Thanks Lasermovies

Just a heads up to people new to the B&N sale, they typically raise all prices during the sale. But often do not get everyone of them raised at first. So if you see a deal that is less than regular price minus member discount, you better jump on it ASAP. Typically after the first 3 or 4 days everything is jacked up.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.