Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-11, 03:23 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

nope, three different stores, all of the clerks took the coupon, scanned it, and it didn't work (when I got the Robeson set on a different visit (actually the first purchase of the July sale) at one of these stores, they took the coupon, scanned it and it worked flawlessly). The clerks then glanced at the fine print and told me that it wasn't eligible after the discount. I politely argued my point that the fine print said $40 before discounts, but none of them agreed with me (a first, I'd gotten just about every coupon to work in stores every time on prior criterion sales). I had some % discount coupons so I just used those, but I don't trust the 8/40 coupon to be as easy as you claim, I tried it many times on eclipse and other high priced items (never tried it on a 40 MSRP title) to no success.
Old 11-01-11, 06:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 83 Likes on 69 Posts

I'm not really sure about these.
But I think me and others would like to know for sure.
does anyone know if...

1-Can coupons be stack online?
And is it the same for members and non-members

2-If you get the 2-Month Limited Membership,can you use all member coupons right away?

kind of busy today.thanks in advance for any help.
JJ
Old 11-01-11, 06:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

1-No
2-Yes

Originally Posted by JoeySeven
I'm not really sure about these.
But I think me and others would like to know for sure.
does anyone know if...

1-Can coupons be stack online?
And is it the same for members and non-members

2-If you get the 2-Month Limited Membership,can you use all member coupons right away?

kind of busy today.thanks in advance for any help.
JJ
Old 11-01-11, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

was able to use the $8 off $40 on Battle of Algiers and Carlos blus today in separate transactions...stacked $5 off $50 w/ both too. Carlos + Phantom Carriage + Kuroneko = $49 out the door
Old 11-01-11, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Found out that my closest store got rid of the movie/music section. I went to the next closest store and picked up Dazed and Confused (blu) and Carlos (blu) for $24.50 plus tax. I was able to use two $8 coupons on two separate transactions.

Thanks again, Laser. My Criterion collection would be much smaller if it wasn't for you.
Old 11-01-11, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 124 Likes on 98 Posts

Despite my criticisms of the print, I did buy Island today. Halloween coupon is dead, used the free ship coupon with M/C successfully. Would have been a good deal without the bloody sales tax.
Old 11-02-11, 08:02 AM

I don't understand why anyone would accept a cashier telling them they can't use the 8/40 coupon on one of the Eclipse/Three Colors/other box sets. With the fine print clearly stating that the coupon can be used, I'd be asking for a manager, and if denied there, asking for the regional manager's contact info. If it isn't to be used in that way, the fine print needs to be re-written.
Old 11-02-11, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jewellrunner
I don't understand why anyone would accept a cashier telling them they can't use the 8/40 coupon on one of the Eclipse/Three Colors/other box sets. With the fine print clearly stating that the coupon can be used, I'd be asking for a manager, and if denied there, asking for the regional manager's contact info. If it isn't to be used in that way, the fine print needs to be re-written.
Because we shop at the same stores often and don't like to make enemies of the employees there. At least that is one reason why I personally don't argue over these coupons.

Also, having the coupons rewritten to clarify terms may not be in the DVDTalk community's best interest. Best to leave it a gray area since most do seem to have success. Clarify the terms and you run the risk of shutting the deal down for everyone.
Old 11-02-11, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 702 Likes on 455 Posts

LASER, I see you updated the first post with a new 20% off coupon. Does this mean those 30% and 50% coupons you saw will not be active at this time? You usually have a pretty good handle on what BN is going to do, do you think we'll see anything better than 20% during this sale?
Old 11-02-11, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by John Galt
LASER, I see you updated the first post with a new 20% off coupon. Does this mean those 30% and 50% coupons you saw will not be active at this time? You usually have a pretty good handle on what BN is going to do, do you think we'll see anything better than 20% during this sale?
I have not run across them and it's possible I may never find them. There was no information on how or who B&N was intending to distribute the coupons to. For this week there might not be anything better than the 20% coupons. I think it is possible some 25% coupons may appear in the next week or two during the sale.
Old 11-02-11, 02:39 PM

where's the link to the free 2 month membership? and do you have to make a purchase before they send the membership code to you?
Old 11-02-11, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by vichyfrance
where's the link to the free 2 month membership? and do you have to make a purchase before they send the membership code to you?
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/Memb...rial/379002829

You have to order something, but it can be a gift card, I think.
Old 11-02-11, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by beer me

So you can't use it on your initial purchase then?

Do they email you the code right after your first purchase, or mail you a card? Or both?
Old 11-02-11, 04:15 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 676 Likes on 452 Posts

^ Both.
Old 11-02-11, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 311 Likes on 213 Posts

I suspect that rampant abuse of member coupons during past sales has caused some stores to train their cashiers to take a hard line stance and I wouldn't blame B&N if that's the case.
Old 11-02-11, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by beer me

Can you have already had a free trial membership?
Old 11-02-11, 05:00 PM

Search for summer camp postcards. Fifty cents. That'll kick start the free trial.
Old 11-02-11, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

There are now two new store coupons. Supposed to be a couple of more coming.

Old 11-02-11, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

This looks like what they are probably going to have. Looks like it has something to do with former Borders customers. I noticed in the URL it has Borders welcome. No barcode means it is a one use coupon they have to send to you for it to work and be valid.

Old 11-02-11, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
This looks like what they are probably going to have. Looks like it has something to do with former Borders customers. I noticed in the URL it has Borders welcome. No barcode means it is a one use coupon they have to send to you for it to work and be valid.
[/img]
Today was the last day for opting out of having you Borders account transferred to BN. I guess they may be planning to send a coupon tomorrow.
Old 11-02-11, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 702 Likes on 455 Posts

The question is which group they'll send it to...the people who opted to stay and BN doesn't have an incentive to get them to convert, or the people who opted out and BN decides to make one last ditch effort to get them over.
Old 11-02-11, 07:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

If the $8 coupon was intended to be allowed on a title under a $40 selling price then the online code would work on the Eclipse sets etc when they fall below $40. But they don't. The actual selling price has to be $40 or above for the code to work. That tells you exactly what B&N intended for this coupon. I have no problem trying it in store but there's no point in arguing or getting a manager involved because common sense alone should tell you B&N wouldn't want you to get $8 off a $23 item and being too pushy just makes you an ass. If you ask the cashier and they give it to you consider yourself lucky. If they don't, forget it, and try again at another store or with another cashier.
Old 11-02-11, 07:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 449 Likes on 307 Posts

Originally Posted by vichyfrance
Originally Posted by georgec
Search for summer camp postcards. Fifty cents. That'll kick start the free trial.
Just buy an e-mail gift card, and send it to yourself. Use it when you make your first purchase as a member.
Old 11-02-11, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The question is which group they'll send it to...the people who opted to stay and BN doesn't have an incentive to get them to convert, or the people who opted out and BN decides to make one last ditch effort to get them over.
Since there was no information with the coupon it's not definite who will actually get one. Maybe it's only for former Borders Rewards Plus Members. Unfortunately I didn't run across the 40% or 50% coupons, and don't know if they are also related to Borders, or for something else.
Old 11-02-11, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by Peep
Can you have already had a free trial membership?
I'm not sure. Maybe you can try opening a new bn.com account tied to a different email address and see if you can start a new trial membership.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.