Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-11, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k
Are you absolutely sure they charged your cc? I have done about 20 pre-orders with them using 50% coupons, and have never been charged until the item shipped. In fact, I also pre-ordered LOTR and have not been charged yet.
I believe it. Everytime I've done a ship to home order at a store my credit card has been charged immediately on pre-orders.
Old 05-06-11, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k
Are you absolutely sure they charged your cc? I have done about 20 pre-orders with them using 50% coupons, and have never been charged until the item shipped. In fact, I also pre-ordered LOTR and have not been charged yet.
Yep, 100% sure. I just checked online again to be sure.
Old 05-07-11, 04:44 PM
Banned

Personally I can't wait for the Criterion 50% off $ale! I have so many recently released titles that I have been holding off on that its going to be great to order all of them when that sale surfaces!
Old 05-07-11, 06:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by smurr05
Personally I can't wait for the Criterion 50% off $ale! I have so many recently released titles that I have been holding off on that its going to be great to order all of them when that sale surfaces!
I'll be shocked if it's even worth it. Gone are the days of $13 blu-ray releases (after coupons), and, regardless, I'll be all caught up due to the Criterion Facebook sale anyway.
Old 05-07-11, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by aznboy
LASER, thanks again for the coupons!!!

Now, I am waiting for July for Criterions Sale, if any, though it's not likely going to be cheap anymore since Barnes & Noble replaced the $5.00 off DVD coupon
There won't be any more $5-off DVD coupon coming???

If so, I should consider jumping on the Amazon's Criterion sale ...

Last edited by cine; 05-07-11 at 06:57 PM.
Old 05-07-11, 07:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by cine
There won't be any more $5-off DVD coupon coming???

If so, I should consider jumping on the Amazon's Criterion sale ...
I wouldn't count on any coupons. Plus, I was only saving a couple of dollars difference between the sales now on Amazon and using the coupons last year. I also hated having to deal with some of the cashiers who were sticklers and only allowed one coupon. I know that's the rules but that caused extra driving and wasted gas. Grab as many of the titles that are on sale that you're interested in now and wait and see what happens with the rest. I wouldn't count on anything with B&N.
Old 05-07-11, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by izatright
I'll be shocked if it's even worth it. Gone are the days of $13 blu-ray releases (after coupons), and, regardless, I'll be all caught up due to the Criterion Facebook sale anyway.
that was months ago....you'll be caught up in July because of a sale in february?

I'm sorry, but $18 for CCs is still a great deal, and suggesting it isn't because you can't abuse a coupon anymore (which is likely gone because so many abused it) is idiotic. Last I checked, cheapest pre-order prices for Diabolique and every other upcoming new release is $28 or more at Amazon...and that's the cheapest available. Just because they put a few titles on sale for the first time in a very long time doesn't make the B&N sale irrelevant.

bunch of spoiled babies.
Old 05-07-11, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

Who knows if the B&N sale is even a sure thing? You can't count on it until they put the signs out. Amazon's prices right now are fair on quite a few titles. Now, you bet if the B&N sale goes down I will be there picking up newly released titles and titles that I wanted that didn't go on sale. However, I'm not going to skip this Amazon sale in hopes of the B&N sale and coupons that I can use. There is nothing spoiled about it.
Old 05-07-11, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by smurr05
I waits for BN 50% off sale too. Still hope 20% - 30% off coupon pop up when the sale start
Old 05-08-11, 03:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by brizz
that was months ago....you'll be caught up in July because of a sale in february?
Maybe not July, but at least through the end of this month with my end-of-May $16 preorders. And, I suppose, I'm not as big of a Criterion collector as most folks. My 15 titles mostly maxes me out, barring any more new Kurosawa and Charlie Chaplin blu releases.
Originally Posted by brizz
bunch of spoiled babies.
Part of it is anti-B&N sentiment because of horrible customer service.
Old 05-08-11, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Has anyone tried that wonky $25 Nook coupon? Without a bar-code, I'm afraid I'll be laughed out of the store!
Old 05-11-11, 07:02 AM

I've got 3 weeks left on my membership, then I'm done for good. Hope at least one or two more 15% (or better) online coupons appear soon.

Gary "after my membership expires I'll be giving just about all my business to Amazon.com" O.
Old 05-13-11, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by italy12
Forgot to mention...for those interested...I was in B&N yesterday and my cashier friend from the CD and movie dept. told me about the June Buy 2 Get 1 Free sale, which will start June 7 and run until early July. Forgot the date she said it will end, but there you have it. Adjust your plans accordingly...

She is not sure yet about the July Criterion sale as they get their info a few weeks before the sales start, as the info is downloaded into their system.
From forum.blu-ray.com.

Hear anything about this LASER?

If this is indeed true I hope they have printable coupons as well. 50% member and non-member coupons combined with this promotion plus my membership discount, I could get three Criterions for $34 and change.
Old 05-13-11, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Louisville S
From forum.blu-ray.com.

Hear anything about this LASER?

If this is indeed true I hope they have printable coupons as well. 50% member and non-member coupons combined with this promotion plus my membership discount, I could get three Criterions for $34 and change.
I have not heard anything officially but that is about typically when they usually run the sale in June. I would expect it to start a day earlier online. Usually you can get some good deals if you get in on the sale early before the prices go up.

Not sure when there might be another round of 50% coupons. So far B&N has had them twice about a couple of months apart. I would expect the Criterion sale to start about a week after the end of the B2G1F sale in July.
Old 05-13-11, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Ran across a few new store coupons valid through the weekend.

Old 05-13-11, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When will the B2G1F sale be starting?
Old 05-13-11, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by rmw650
When will the B2G1F sale be starting?
Supposed to start June 7th at stores, but look for it to begin a day earlier online.
Old 05-13-11, 07:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by GaryO
I've got 3 weeks left on my membership, then I'm done for good. Hope at least one or two more 15% (or better) online coupons appear soon.

Gary "after my membership expires I'll be giving just about all my business to Amazon.com" O.
I just added 2 new 15% member online coupons to the list. One is valid until May 30, and the other is valid to June 20. The June coupon is not active yet and probably won't work until the earlier coupon expires near the end of May. However it might get activated in time for you to use it before your membership expires.
Old 05-14-11, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
I just added 2 new 15% member online coupons to the list. One is valid until May 30, and the other is valid to June 20. The June coupon is not active yet and probably won't work until the earlier coupon expires near the end of May. However it might get activated in time for you to use it before your membership expires.
Thanks! Again, I appreciate all your work on this thread (and I imagine the 1st B&N thread - before I got here). It's been the online coupons and such that you've delivered to us here that has kept me renewing my membership with B&N. And it's been worth it each and every year. Even this past year, although probably less so than usual. But I've made my money back on the membership and then some because of the coupons you posted. Thanks again for all the hard work.

Gary "I won't be renewing again, but I'll still check this thread to see if there are ever any good non-member coupons I can use" O.
Old 05-14-11, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
Supposed to start June 7th at stores, but look for it to begin a day earlier online.
Thanks for the heads-up LASER.
Old 05-16-11, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

List updated. Added a couple of new 15% online coupons valid for all customers. The coupons expire after tomorrow. Also ran across a new 15% code but you have to have an account with geicopriveleges.com.

Offer Details
Get 15% off 1 item when you shop at Barnes&Noble.com for books, music, and DVDs. Shop online and enter coupon code L7C8F9D at checkout to receive discount.

Terms & Conditions
Offer valid through 07/13/11. Coupons apply to purchases made when linking from www.geicoprivileges.com to Barnes&Noble.com only. This coupon is valid from May 1, 2011 to July 13, 2011 at 2:59 a.m. Eastern Time. The additional 15% discount will be applied to the most expensive eligible item in the order - not the entire purchase - and will be deducted after all other eligible discounts, including (if applicable) the standard Member discount, are applied. Additional Rules Governing Use of this Coupon: This coupon is (i) not redeemable for cash or cash equivalents (including Gift Cards and online Gift Certificates); (ii) not valid on past purchases; (iii) not eligible for purchases of the following products and services: Barnes & Noble Memberships, Gift Cards, Gift Certificates, gift-wrapping, textbooks, video games, digital content (including but not limited to NOOKbooks, e-books, magazines, and periodicals), NOOK(TM) and related accessories, other hardware and electronics, software, products available for pre-order, products from the Rosetta Stone Series, products available for in-store ship-to-home orders, shipping or handling expenses, or products marked as not eligible for "coupons or promotional discounts;" (iv) not valid on purchases made from third parties accessible from the BN.com website (e.g., used books, PC and video games, etc.); (v) may not be combined with any other coupon or promotional discount; and (vi) may not be combined with the Educator program discount. This offer is subject to change or discontinuation without notice; we will, however, honor properly placed orders with valid methods of payment with sufficient funds placed prior to such change or discontinuation. Barnes&Noble.com is not responsible for typographical or pictorial errors. This coupon is not valid at any Barnes & Noble retail bookstore or Barnes & Noble College retail bookstore. Void where prohibited by law.This offer cannot be combined with any other offer, coupon code(s), or promotion
Old 05-16-11, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Here's something new:

I actually received B&N member coupons in the mail today. The only ones of interest were 2 15% in store and online coupons. One is good through the 29th of May and the other from the 30th through June 19th.
Old 05-16-11, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by jwstl
Here's something new:

I actually received B&N member coupons in the mail today. The only ones of interest were 2 15% in store and online coupons. One is good through the 29th of May and the other from the 30th through June 19th.
Even though I no longer have a membership I received those coupons in the mail over the weekend. The online codes will work with any active membership even if you didn't get them. I have them posted on the first page.
Old 05-16-11, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I know you have this code posted already, but I was surprised to see this banner advertised on bn.com on the top of the screen:
15% Off 1 Item: Use Coupon Code J7W9L3A at Checkout

So when did they re-design their website?
Old 05-16-11, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
I know you have this code posted already, but I was surprised to see this banner advertised on bn.com on the top of the screen:
15% Off 1 Item: Use Coupon Code J7W9L3A at Checkout

So when did they re-design their website?
That's where I ran acrossed it. It has been a while but B&N has occasionally posted coupon codes on their homepage for all customers.

I'm not exactly sure when they redesigned the website but it has been at least a few weeks.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.