Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Old 12-17-08, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I received the 25% off codes in my email today... Ordered the Frank Capra Premiere Collection. for $24.29. Good price...
Old 12-18-08, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Ultimate Flint collection $5.79 + shipping using the Visa link and $5 off member coupon. Great deal!
Old 12-19-08, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

All the 25% coupons are now expired. Also this is supposed to be the last day for the 10% off Visa offer.
Old 12-19-08, 01:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here is a 15% off code good until 12-24
L4F3D3A
Old 12-21-08, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The Visa discount isn't working at all right now. The link works fine, but no 5% discount is appearing when I check out... The webpage still references the 10% discount as well...
Old 12-22-08, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

List updated. Looks like a new B&N 20% code is coming soon. Not sure when it will get activated. Might have to wait until the current one expires Jan 1.

Also B&N has a new Buy 2 DVDs, Get 3rd Free sale coming. Probably starting sometime in January. If it was like the last one there might be some good deals if you get in early before the prices start going up and the selection decreases.

http://cart2.barnesandnoble.com/shop...2&promoid=5589
Old 12-22-08, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

A new 20% MC one? That's good for those that have a B&N MC...

Last edited by kenbenobi; 12-22-08 at 11:07 PM.
Old 12-22-08, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
A new 20% MC one? That's good for those that have a B&N MC. The old coupon expires Jan 8, so that one might not become active until then...
Yes it does say for a B&N Mastercard. Should have clarified that better. The current coupon says it expires January 1. Not sure when the new coupon will get activated but I would assume around the time the current one expires. Maybe it will start working a few days before Jan. 1. It does specify a B&N Mastercard is needed but it is possible any Mastercard may work. I can't verify it since my Mastercard is a B&N card. However I would assume if it is like the current coupon a membership in not required.
Old 12-22-08, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
The current coupon says it expires January 1.
Oops, I was looking at the 20% off renewal coupon... I wish the new 20% off coupon was valid now, so I could use it on That 70's Show...
Old 12-23-08, 01:06 PM

I was in B&N on Sat. I had some coupons and offered two to an elderly couple behind me. When they got to the register, I offered them another and the woman behind the counter got belligerent. Did I give them a coupon??? She called a manager and he said that it wasn't a coupon (it was the ones where you find the codes but it's not the actual coupon). I said yes it was, it tells the store what the code is. He said he would let it go this time because it was too crowded. He walked away muttering that the coupon was intended for me, not to give away. Scrooge, bah humbug. I couldn't believe it. Borders was so different. I can tell you I won't be renewing my membership if this is how they act and with the measly coupons they have been giving lately, it's definitely not worth the $25. This was in Bridgewater, NJ. I have been watching a book for nephew and they jacked up the price last week just as I was going to buy it. It was $13 cheaper at Amazon but it wouldn't be here for Christmas so I broke down and bought it with the $5 off $30. They better beef up their customer relations or they will be seeing even less people in the store.

Morna
Old 12-23-08, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by Morna
He said he would let it go this time because it was too crowded. He walked away muttering that the coupon was intended for me, not to give away. Scrooge, bah humbug. I couldn't believe it.
Reminds me of a story I saw on the news this morning about a guy who bought $1300 worth of $10 walmart gift cards and was handing them out to people as they entered the store. Walmart called security and forced him to leave.
Old 12-23-08, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Morna
I was in B&N on Sat. I had some coupons and offered two to an elderly couple behind me. When they got to the register, I offered them another and the woman behind the counter got belligerent. Did I give them a coupon??? She called a manager and he said that it wasn't a coupon (it was the ones where you find the codes but it's not the actual coupon). I said yes it was, it tells the store what the code is. He said he would let it go this time because it was too crowded. He walked away muttering that the coupon was intended for me, not to give away. Scrooge, bah humbug. I couldn't believe it. Borders was so different. I can tell you I won't be renewing my membership if this is how they act and with the measly coupons they have been giving lately, it's definitely not worth the $25. This was in Bridgewater, NJ. I have been watching a book for nephew and they jacked up the price last week just as I was going to buy it. It was $13 cheaper at Amazon but it wouldn't be here for Christmas so I broke down and bought it with the $5 off $30. They better beef up their customer relations or they will be seeing even less people in the store.

Morna
This is my local b&n, and I only go if they have a really great instore coupon. Otherwise I buy online. The local Borders is a lot better with customer service in my experience as well, though they don't have the best dvd selection.
Old 12-29-08, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

List updated.
Old 12-29-08, 11:45 AM

List updated. Looks like a new B&N 20% code is coming soon. Not sure when it will get activated. Might have to wait until the current one expires Jan 1.

Also B&N has a new Buy 2 DVDs, Get 3rd Free sale coming. Probably starting sometime in January. If it was like the last one there might be some good deals if you get in early before the prices start going up and the selection decreases.

http://cart2.barnesandnoble.com/shop...2&promoid=5589
According to the Music/DVD manager from my store it starts on the 6th. The sale does apply to Blu-Ray (at least in store).

Yeah, people always complain about this sale, but if you are strategic you can get some good deals.
Old 12-29-08, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I agree. It is also key to order EARLY in the sale, since many items may already have a 20-30% discount, combined with B2G1F. Later in the sale they usually change everything to 10% off instead...
Old 12-29-08, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The last B2G1F sale started working a day early online. Virtually every DVD was eligible, and some were priced 40% off or more. However later in the day B&N was already removing some of the higer discounted titles from the sale. If the next sale is on Jan. 6 I would recommend trying to add items to your cart Jan. 5 to see if the discount is getting applied.
Old 12-29-08, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

How's this for irony. My order for That 70's Show complete series was cancelled because B&N could not get authorization from my B&N MC. But not because I had no credit. It was because of a security check since I have had so many orders from B&N in the last few months. And of course, B&N MC didn't notify me. B&N.com sent me one email about a decline. So I updated the card, thinking it must have been a mistake. I never received another email, so I assumed everything was fine. But they cancelled the order without notifying me again. And of course they won't reinstate it. I'm pretty pissed right now...
Old 01-05-09, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

List updated. The new 20% B&N Mastercard coupon is now active. I noticed the B2G1 free banner is up on the DVD homepage but it doesn't appear the sale is active yet on the web site. Have to keep an eye out to see if it starts working later today.

Edit: The B2G1 free has been removed.

Last edited by Laser Movies; 01-05-09 at 11:42 AM.
Old 01-05-09, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Looks like the B2G1 free sale is on if you can find DVDs marked as part of the sale. However B&N is already raising prices. DVDs that were 30% off are now 20% off.
Old 01-05-09, 12:25 PM

Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

List updated. The new 20% B&N Mastercard coupon is now active. I noticed the B2G1 free banner is up on the DVD homepage but it doesn't appear the sale is active yet on the web site. Have to keep an eye out to see if it starts working later today.

Edit: The B2G1 free has been removed.
Does this coupon work if you pay your entire order with a GC?
Old 01-05-09, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The sale is live now. Thanks! I ordered the first three seasons of Scrubs for $36 and some change.
Old 01-05-09, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by SPRBD
I would think you can. I have used GCs in the past with coupons without a problem. I don't believe it would matter but I would add the coupon before using the GC.
Old 01-05-09, 03:44 PM

I would think you can. I have used GCs in the past with coupons without a problem. I don't believe it would matter but I would add the coupon before using the GC.
I've used coupons and GC's before, but this is the first I've tried which was tied to using a particular credit card. I was assuming that if you used the wrong credit card, the coupon would fail.
Old 01-05-09, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I've used coupons and GC's before, but this is the first I've tried which was tied to using a particular credit card. I was assuming that if you used the wrong credit card, the coupon would fail.
Is this the B&N Mastercard coupon? It is possible it might not work with a credit card other then a B&N card. No one has ever confirmed if it will work with any credit card or any Mastercard. I don't have an answer to what will or will not work with the coupon since I only use a B&N card with my accounts. You could try a different card to see what happens before placing the order. If it doesn't work use a different coupon.
Old 01-05-09, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

YES, but you must have your default payment method set as a B&N MC (I'm assuming must be B&N card, but like Laser said, dunno if that is true). You can't even apply the coupon code until you add your MC payment method. But you don't have to charge anything to the MC. You can pay entirely by GC.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.