Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-10, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Originally Posted by starman9000
Off the DVD topic, but has anyone tried to use the Melissa and Doug BOGO 50% sale in the toys department? I can't seem to make it work unless I put 3 items in the cart.
As a test I placed two items in my cart and it worked for me. I received 50% off the least expensive item in my cart. Also I was able to stack the new $10 toy and game coupon with the offer.
Old 12-08-10, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, I was hoping to stack too. Must be the main item I wanted (the Dragon puppet). Thanks for letting me know laser.

edit: nope, that's not it. Which two did you try? I can't get anything to work.

edit again: OK, I see it now, it's only the ones that say you save 10%, I read about the Online Price thing, but they all say that, it has to have a crossed out List Price. Only 11 eligible items.

Last edited by starman9000; 12-08-10 at 05:01 PM.
Old 12-08-10, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

From what I can tell for it to work it should have the following icon on the product page for it to be eligible for the 50% discount.

Old 12-08-10, 09:28 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Just a heads up - the Cary, NC B&N are being just as generous on the $5 coupon during this current BBC sale as they were during the Criterion sale. $24.99 list Dr Who DVD's ringing up for $6.73...and the 1960's Sherlock Holmes set for $4.30. Dr Who Season 5 blu-ray set was 50% off; Room with a View blu-ray for $8.67; Red Dwarf Back to Earth blu-ray for $9.16 and ordered a few titles they didn't have in stock (Slings & Arrows blu-ray, though they had the DVD set in store; Wodehouse Playhouse collection, etc).

They were WELL stocked on the Dr Who titles - they were even grouped in chronological order!

I was tempted by Upstairs/Downstairs complete collection - potentially only $60 if they allow me to stack the $5 off $50 with the $5 coupon.

Peter
Old 12-08-10, 10:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just as a heads-up:

Spaced: The Complete Series, is part of the UK boxset deal. It's $29.99 on BN.com which is the cheapest it is anywhere right now and the cheapest it's been for a while. With the 15% coupon it came to $27.22 including tax. I've been following the prices closely for this set and it pretty much has never been on sale since it came out. I believe it's only 14 episodes long but they are all great and the set is chock full of special features. Each episode comes with 2 commentary tracks and their is a dedicated disk to other special features. I cannot recommend this series enough. If you are a fan of Simon Pegg or Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz, you will love this. It stars Pegg and Nick Frost and was directed by Edgar Wright.

Here is the DVDtalk review:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/33782...mplete-series/
Old 12-08-10, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
The IBM Bookstore
Savings: Save 10% off the list price
No minimum free shipping available? Yes
BTW, the IBM discount is only 5%, not 10%. It's been that way for a long time, but they only recently updated the text on the website to reflect 5%
Old 12-08-10, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Spunkymonkey
Just as a heads-up:

Spaced: The Complete Series, is part of the UK boxset deal. It's $29.99 on BN.com which is the cheapest it is anywhere right now and the cheapest it's been for a while. With the 15% coupon it came to $27.22 including tax. I've been following the prices closely for this set and it pretty much has never been on sale since it came out. I believe it's only 14 episodes long but they are all great and the set is chock full of special features. Each episode comes with 2 commentary tracks and their is a dedicated disk to other special features. I cannot recommend this series enough. If you are a fan of Simon Pegg or Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz, you will love this. It stars Pegg and Nick Frost and was directed by Edgar Wright.

I give a HUGE thumbs up to this series as well, especially if you're a Simon Pegg fan. Nick Frost is very different in this series, but he is funny as well.
Old 12-08-10, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Spaced is a top 5 of all time pic for me as well.

Thanks for pointing out there were more sets available on that toy deal laser, annoying to have to select the item, but I got some steals for presents.
Old 12-09-10, 12:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
BTW, the IBM discount is only 5%, not 10%. It's been that way for a long time, but they only recently updated the text on the website to reflect 5%
Actually the discount was only 10% off the list price at one time. A 5% discount is a big improvement. I'll update the information. I also have 5 new links to add to the current list. I had 20 I never posted and found 5 of them are still around after the November 30 shut down.
Old 12-09-10, 12:22 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Proglodite
Just a heads up - the Cary, NC B&N are being just as generous on the $5 coupon during this current BBC sale as they were during the Criterion sale. $24.99 list Dr Who DVD's ringing up for $6.73...
I'm dying to know, which $24.99 Doctor Who titles were ringing up at $6.73. I've been looking to pick up a few more titles and that would be a great bargain. Thanks for the info!
Old 12-09-10, 01:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Pulp Hero
I'm dying to know, which $24.99 Doctor Who titles were ringing up at $6.73. I've been looking to pick up a few more titles and that would be a great bargain. Thanks for the info!
A HUGE part of the equation is not the titles but the clerk who rang up the purchase. If you had any difficulty getting them to accept a $5 off coupon on the $29.99 Criterions earlier, then they'll reject these even quicker.
$24.99 less 50% sale = $12.50
Less 10% membership = $11.25
Less $5 off coupon = $6.25 plus applicable tax.
I think this is the breakdown referenced above.
YMMV.
Old 12-09-10, 01:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

^^^^^You need to be a member to possibly take advantage of this price^^^
Old 12-09-10, 07:49 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Mosskeeto
A HUGE part of the equation is not the titles but the clerk who rang up the purchase. If you had any difficulty getting them to accept a $5 off coupon on the $29.99 Criterions earlier, then they'll reject these even quicker.
$24.99 less 50% sale = $12.50
Less 10% membership = $11.25
Less $5 off coupon = $6.25 plus applicable tax.
I think this is the breakdown referenced above.
YMMV.
That is the scenario. If you have any luck at a store on using the $5 on a $29.99 Criterion, then you can try this approach. Otherwise, if you live within a couple of hours of Cary, NC it would probably be worth your while to make a road trip. As I stated in the Criterion bargain thread, this store is liberal on its acceptance of the coupons, and all the employees in the CD/DVD section are aware of the sales & coupons.

When I went last night, I asked first if I could use the $5 coupon. I was not the only one checking out with a large stack of BBC titles. Their BBC selection filled one entire wall - they had obviously stocked up with the expectations of people using this coupon (as I stated previously, I'd never seen so many Dr Who titles - and all arranged in chronological order).

I'm thinking I should buy a Christmas gift for the Cary, NC CSR's...

Peter
Old 12-09-10, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Spunkymonkey
Just as a heads-up:

Thanks for the suggestion. I know someone that loves Brit TV series (in general) and those actors in particular - so this Christmas present is coming their way.
Old 12-09-10, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Added a couple of new online coupons. Another 15% coupon for all customers and a 20% coupon for members. Should be valid through this Sunday.
Old 12-09-10, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by ctyankee
Thanks for the suggestion. I know someone that loves Brit TV series (in general) and those actors in particular - so this Christmas present is coming their way.
Great choice! I just bought and started watching this series. Love it. Not a gut buster, or a laugh-a-minute, but very clever, interesting and funny.
Old 12-09-10, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Bought Luther for $12 after membership discount and a $5 coupon. Brilliant show.
Old 12-09-10, 03:33 PM

Spending Money

Doctor Who: Attack of the Cyberman

retail: $24.99
50% British promo (-$12.50): $12.50
10% member card (-$1.25): $11.25
15% coupon (-$1.69): $9.56
5% B/N credit card (-$0.52)

final price: $9.95
Old 12-09-10, 06:00 PM

Sherlock: Season One [Blu-ray]

retail: $39.99
50% British promo (-20.00): $19.99
10% member card (-$1.99): $18.00
$5 coupon (-$5.00): $13.00
7% sales tax (+$0.91): $13.91

Doctor Who: Series Five [Blu-ray]

retail: $89.99
50% British promo (-$45.00): $45.00
10% member card (-$4.50): $40.50
$5 coupon (-$5.00): $35.50
7% sales tax (+$2.49): $37.99

Last edited by biglou114; 12-09-10 at 06:06 PM.
Old 12-09-10, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

How long is the British promo going to last?
Old 12-09-10, 08:19 PM
Cool New Member

Thanks again for the info and examples. Another quick question, is the $5 coupon the usual "$5 off a $20 or more DVD" for New & Renewed Memberships or is this a different $5 coupon?

Only reason I ask is that I already have a B&N Membership and have never tried using those coupons outside of relevant time period. Also, some of examples have prices after the 50% off of under $20.
Old 12-09-10, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Pulp Hero
Thanks again for the info and examples. Another quick question, is the $5 coupon the usual "$5 off a $20 or more DVD" for New & Renewed Memberships or is this a different $5 coupon?

Only reason I ask is that I already have a B&N Membership and have never tried using those coupons outside of relevant time period. Also, some of examples have prices after the 50% off of under $20.
It is the 'normal' $5 coupon. As to your second point, the coupon clearly states:
The $5 off will be applied to one (1) DVD, of the member's choice, with a minimum B&N Selling Price of $20 - and will be deducted after all other discounts, including the standard Member discount, are applied. The B&N Selling Price is the price at the cash register before taxes and discounts, including the standard Member discount, are applied.
If the cashier gives you any problems about the price, just show them that fine print.
Old 12-09-10, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Strange, Doctor Who S5 isn't part of the 50% off sale online. The 20% coupon might have made it a sweeter deal that the in-store 10% off + $5 coupon, especially when you add on cashback as well...
Old 12-09-10, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

"The B&N Selling Price is the price at the cash register before taxes and discounts, including the standard Member discount, are applied".
Originally Posted by biglou114
If the cashier gives you any problems about the price, just show them that fine print.
Due to that somewhat vague wording, at least half of the CSRs I approached rejected the coupon because it won't scan without some knowledge of usage on titles under $20 selling price. If the terms read "suggested retail price" or "original price", then we'd get fewer rejections but the truth is that the selling price at the register on sale items that scan at under $20 just won't go through without some work on the CSR's part.
Old 12-09-10, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by biglou114
It is the 'normal' $5 coupon. As to your second point, the coupon clearly states:

His second point wasn't price; it was about the "time period". I count price as his third point. If you are worried your membership doesn't qualify because you bought it outside the time period, don't. B&N rarely if ever enforces that. I've used them during the last 3 Criterion sales and again during other sales. And technically, you are only suppose to use one coupon ever. But I've had cashiers accept 3 at one time. If I had to estimate how many I've used this year I would say it's probably 20. I'm recognized at my B&N and they know I've used them many times this year and they don't care. They seem grateful for the business. The key, of course, is to be friendly and don't push it. if you get rejected for any reason make your case politely and if doesn't work let it go.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.