DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

The One and Only *NEW* Free Movie Cash and Ticket Guide

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-08, 10:20 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts
Originally Posted by Giles
the Prince Caspian tix/offer is NOT valid at AMC Theatres

Thx for posting that as AMC Theaters are the only ones anywhere near my house that's showing this movie at the moment (and I planned on picking up Narnia/National Treasure tommorow at BB).
Old 05-20-08, 01:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Purchase $25 in Prince Caspian Merchandise at Toys R Us, get a ticket to any Disney Movie (Up to $7.50). Ticket Expires 7/31

Purchase $75 at the Disney Store Online, get a pass for 2 (up to $24) to see Prince Caspian. Ticket Expires 6/16

The Zohan pass previously mentioned is "up to $7.50".
Old 05-20-08, 02:57 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts
All stores have stickers on the outside of the Adam Sandler collection re-packagings with an online code good for a $7.50 ticket towards his new farce.

Last edited by Trevor; 05-20-08 at 09:17 PM. Reason: to change from CC to all stores
Old 05-29-08, 11:31 PM

Hi everybody! Due to an illness in the family, I've been off-line for about 3.5 weeks. Everybody is fine now and I am back. Tonight I've removed the expired offers from the table in post #1. I've partially updated the table with some of the additions posted here. I know that I am not done yet. I will complete the update to the table within 24 hours. Please post any new offers that should also be included. Thanks for your help!!
Old 05-30-08, 01:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Trevor
All stores have stickers on the outside of the Adam Sandler collection re-packagings with an online code good for a $7.50 ticket towards his new farce.
So wait, how does this work? It's not an actual ticket/movie money inside? I bought two of his flicks at Costco and thought the movie money was just inside (got Mr. Deeds for a friend, and the one I actually wanted, Punch Drunk Love). Is it best then to print them out now?
Old 05-30-08, 09:26 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts
Nothing inside the case. All info you need is on the back of the little sticker on the front. You must go online and print the tickets/vouchers.
Old 05-30-08, 12:16 PM

Has anyone received the movie tickets from the Hershey's Mega Movie offer yet? Are the tickets good till next year?

EDIT: Never mind, I got my first one today. The expiration date for the Hershey's Mega Movie tickets are March 31, 2009.

Last edited by mcjw_serenity; 05-30-08 at 01:31 PM.
Old 05-31-08, 02:54 AM

NEW OFFERS!

I added Incredible Hulk tickets (from Best Buy) and Sex and the City tickets (from Cricuit City) to post #1.
Old 05-31-08, 03:29 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Free 2 Incredible Hulk movie tickets when you purchase $50 Kmart Giftcard. Starting next Sunday on June 1st and also its in the AD. Check the website as well.
Old 05-31-08, 06:41 PM

Amazon.com is listing "WITH FREE MOVIE TICKET" in the title for the Blu Ray pre-orders of THE MUMMY, THE MUMMY RETURNS, and THE SCORPION KING...

Once would deduce that the free ticket is for The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor.
Old 06-01-08, 03:18 AM

Table has been updated to add the $50 KMart gift card purchase (thanks iNCREDiPiNOY) and the Mummy tickets (thanks John*D). It looks like the Mummy free ticket offer is going to be all retailers. Not only are the Blu-ray listings up on Amazon.com but now Target.com has the same listings. I also found two on-line retailers showing the free ticket offer with the SD DVDs as well.

Also added:

Incredible Hulk ticket -- $7.99 titles (Circuit City)
Incredible Hulk ticket -- Incredible Hulk season 3 (Circuit City)
Incredible Hulk ticket -- Incredible Hulk season 3 or 4 (Target)
Kung Fu Panda ticket -- Kung Fu Panda video games (Target)

Last edited by DiscGuy; 06-01-08 at 04:11 AM.
Old 06-01-08, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I was at Circuit City today and the Meet the Parent's was the new release, as was Carlito's Way (Ultimate Edition). If you want the newer version of these, it would only be $1.00 extra at CC because they are both the old version at BB.
Old 06-01-08, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

At best buy, the movie ticket is NOT in the case with the free dvd. It's a sticker on the qualifing dvd, with a code to redeem online.
Old 06-01-08, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The website to go to is www.HotTixForCoolFlicks.com

And guess what? it doesn't exsit. Yeah, this is a clusterF*ck waiting to happen.
Old 06-01-08, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by ScissorPuppy
The website to go to is www.HotTixForCoolFlicks.com

And guess what? it doesn't exsit. Yeah, this is a clusterF*ck waiting to happen.

instruction stated that it will start from 06/13/08-10/26/08
Old 06-01-08, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I guess, I figured that was the date the tickets were good for. Hopefully they can manage to get the site up and running. I don't understand why they would give out tix to a site that isn't up yet. Atleast a blank page that says coming 6/13/08.

Last edited by ScissorPuppy; 06-01-08 at 04:57 PM.
Old 06-01-08, 04:44 PM

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts
I guess, I figured that was the date the tickets were good for. Hopefully they can manage to get the site up and running. I don't understand why they would give out tix to a sight that isn't up yet. Atleast a blank page that says coming 6/13/08.
Seems to me like they're using a rebate strategy. They have a deal that they WILL carry through with, but they're going to make it a bit difficult. They're hoping some people just won't bother or will forget.
Old 06-01-08, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

These free tickets that are with the Universal discs are not just for The Incredible Hulk. They can be used for Wanted, Mummy 3, or Hellboy 2.
Old 06-01-08, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I think the online code idea is better. For 2 reasons, you don't have to worry about whether or not the ticket is inside the case. And it prevents dishonest scumbags from getting an extra ticket.
Old 06-01-08, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Mr. Cinema
I think the online code idea is better. For 2 reasons, you don't have to worry about whether or not the ticket is inside the case. And it prevents dishonest scumbags from getting an extra ticket.
I agree, but my point was the website should be up when the promotion starts. It's just good business.
Old 06-01-08, 10:31 PM

I don't have a new update regarding more free movie tickets, but I have a question regarding the online movie tickets for Incredible Hulk, etc.. Are the certificates available from Hollywood Movie Money? And furthermore, are those working for you guys and the theater(s) have no problem processing them?

If they are from HMM, I participated in a Disney Movie Rewards program at the beginning of the year and received a free movie ticket (received an online code, printed it off Adobe Acrobat, etc.) from the company. I tried to use that to see "National Treasure 2", but the theaters said that the number used to access the payment for said admission had expired, but the certificate itself hadn't expired by the time I tried to use it.

I ended up sending the old certificate, the movie ticket (with the amount that I paid to see the movie), and a letter of explanation to HMM. In one to two weeks, I received a letter of apology from HMM along with a check refunding the amount I paid for the movie admission AND a free generic Hollywood Movie Money certificate good up to $12.50 off another movie admission.

So if those online movie tickets from HMM don't work, contact them on the address on their website and they will get back to you. Just make sure you send them the original print-out certificate, the ticket (with the amount paid on it), and a letter of explanation when you do so.
Old 06-02-08, 06:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Paramount did the same thing for The Ruins, by making you print out the certificate. I used it no problem. The Universal tickets are "Hollywood Movie Money" tickets.
Old 06-02-08, 07:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 239 Likes on 175 Posts
Originally Posted by John*D
Amazon.com is listing "WITH FREE MOVIE TICKET" in the title for the Blu Ray pre-orders of THE MUMMY, THE MUMMY RETURNS, and THE SCORPION KING...

Once would deduce that the free ticket is for The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor.
Saw that and since I was planning on picking up the Mummy and Returns on BD anyway-added bonus!
Old 06-02-08, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Mr. Cinema
What is stopping a "Dishonest Scumbag" from printing out duplicates of the same ticket file? Does the theater have away to tell if a ticket (ticket ID number) has been used already?
Old 06-02-08, 02:04 PM

What is stopping a "Dishonest Scumbag" from printing out duplicates of the same ticket file? Does the theater have away to tell if a ticket (ticket ID number) has been used already?
I've only printed off one ticket from an on-line code. The ticket I printed had a 16-digit code number that had to be entered into the credit card system of the theater. My on-line ticket was essentially a one-time use credit card number that credited the funds to the theater's bank account like a normal Visa card. I suspect that if you tried to use the same ticket a second time, the credit card system would refuse the charge.

That's one way of ensuring a single use. The downside is that the ticket seller has to manually type in the 16 digits into the credit card system. Kind of slows down the line.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.