Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

The One and Only *NEW* Free Movie Cash and Ticket Guide

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-08, 08:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Made of Honor ticket

Made of Honor ticket added using information from Circuit City 4/20 - 4/27 pricing thread.

Last edited by DiscGuy; 04-15-08 at 02:24 AM.
Old 04-17-08, 09:06 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 680 Likes on 456 Posts
Found something new tonight at FYE/TWEC.

Movie Cash, up to $10, for Prom Night, good 4/11 to 5/11/08. Free with purchase of 21 different "horror" titles: 976-Evil, Boogeyman, Cave, Cave (ws and fs?, regular and special edition?), christine, craft, covenant, darkness falls, vampires, exorcism of emily rose, forgotten, fright night, grudge, 8mm, ms's frankenstein, memento, mothman prophecies, night of living dead (80s/90s version i think), texas chainsaw next generation, when a stranger calls, messenger.
Old 04-17-08, 09:15 PM

Crap, just remembered I found another one too, hold on.....

I saw these at BB and TWEC, so they are probably everywhere.

Oops, I see that these are the ones you found earlier at CC. They are everywhere apparently.

movie cash, up to $7.50, 5/02 to 6/13/08 for Made of Honor. They come in a series of 5 or so Romantic Comedy Double Feature sets, which also include a bonus disc w/ a movie sneak peek. Packaged in one keepcase with a new slipcover, pinkish in color.

13 Going on 30 / Little Black Book
Loverboy / ????
The Wedding Planner ? / My Best Friend's Wedding ?
two others that I can't recall
Old 04-19-08, 01:06 AM

Wal-Mart had a display of Mother's Day movies with free tickets when i went today. There were tickets to either Made of Honor, Happens in Vegas, or for Concession Cash. I didn't write down any of the movies, but its a lot of standard "mother's day" movies.
Old 04-23-08, 09:26 AM

Made of Honor Tickets

Speedy's Best Buy prices thread for the week of April 27 to May 3rd lists only one (not all five) double feature available at Best Buy: Steel Magnolias / Sleepless in Seattle. I suspect that Best Buy will have all five double features but is only putting this one on sale.

Best Buy's sale price for Steel Magnolias / Sleepless in Seattle has been added to the table (post #1).

Last edited by DiscGuy; 04-23-08 at 09:32 AM.
Old 04-23-08, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by red5bv06
Wal-Mart had a display of Mother's Day movies with free tickets when i went today. There were tickets to either Made of Honor, Happens in Vegas, or for Concession Cash. I didn't write down any of the movies, but its a lot of standard "mother's day" movies.
Moviecash for The Love Guru as well. A few more details in the weekly exclusive thread.
Old 04-23-08, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by DiscGuy
Speedy's Best Buy prices thread for the week of April 27 to May 3rd lists only one (not all five) double feature available at Best Buy: Steel Magnolias / Sleepless in Seattle. I suspect that Best Buy will have all five double features but is only putting this one on sale.

Best Buy's sale price for Steel Magnolias / Sleepless in Seattle has been added to the table (post #1).
They had all 5, I got them to price match Circuit City's $9.99 price.

Just my opinion Discguy, but I think you can lose the possibly confusing "smp". All of these deals always have the DVD marked in some way, and I would hope that no one would buy something expecting a freebie inside it unless it was marked as such.

Last edited by Trevor; 04-23-08 at 10:00 AM.
Old 04-23-08, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by Trevor
I think you can lose the possibly confusing "smp". All of these deals always have the DVD marked in some way, and I would hope that no one would buy something expecting a freebie inside it unless it was marked as such.
Not all of these deals have the DVD marked in some way.

The intended purpose of the -smp- marker (specially marked packages) is to differentiate between offers with some kind of sticker on the DVD packaging (indicating a freebie inside) and those offers where the tickets are packaged separately --- like the "21" tickets at Best Buy or the "Other Boleyn Girl/Vantage Point" tickets at Circuit City. It can get confusing out there for some folks. I remember reading in the old tickets thread where people bought DVDs at Best Buy and were disappointed when the expected tickets were not inside (-ticket was packaged separately-). And be careful at Wal-Mart: their current ticket offer has smp's and non-smp's mixed in together in the same display.

I thought the -smp- marker might keep someone from making a mistake. However you may be correct: It might be better to simply indicate when the ticket is packaged separately -- or keep the -smp- markers and add "ticket packaged separately" where needed.

Anyone else want to weigh in?

Last edited by DiscGuy; 04-23-08 at 10:52 AM.
Old 04-23-08, 11:36 AM

Not all of these deals have the DVD marked in some way.
I meant all the deals with the bonus inside the DVD are marked in some way.

I just think that most people have no idea what smp means unless they read your key, so it looks a bit strange to see it everywhere. It is not one of the universally recognized abbreviations.

I think it best to just always mention whether the ticket/freebie is inside the case or a separate package.

I've never really pushed this fact in the exclusive threads, but I hope that no one is buying unmarked DVDs assuming that the bonus will be inside.

In my years of tracking these things, I can say that there is almost a 100% chance that a DVD package with no mention of a bonus will not have a bonus. Always look for a sticker or something on the DVD, or the freebie in a separate package.

Just my thoughts, you're doing an awesome job by the way.

Last edited by Trevor; 04-23-08 at 11:42 AM.
Old 04-23-08, 12:08 PM

red5bv06 and Trevor: Thanks for the heads-up on the "Mom's Day" re-packagings movie tickets and concession cash at Wal-Mart. I've added entries into the table (post #1) based on the information in the weekly exclusive thread (Thanks Trevor!). Clearly my entries are not complete. Anyone who can help with additional details or titles will be appreciated.

By the way: Tremors Attack Pack? Riddick Trilogy? These are mother's day movies?

==========

Hey Trevor! You just said it perfectly concise and with absolute clarity!
There is almost a 100% chance that a DVD package with no mention of a bonus will not have a bonus. Always look for a sticker or something on the DVD, or the freebie in a separate package.
I like that! Here's a plan:
  1. I'll remove the -SMP- markers from the DVD offers. I'll leave them on the candy, grape juice and other grocery promotions where it is important to look for -smp-s.
  2. I'll indicate offers where we know the "freebie" is in a separate package.
  3. I'll put your disclaimer at the top and bottom of the table. (I'll probably reverse the sentence order.)

What do you think?
Old 04-23-08, 01:11 PM

By the way: Tremors Attack Pack? Riddick Trilogy? These are mother's day movies?
Doh! You're right, I wrote that wrong. Some of them aren't the Mom's Day repackagings, but the other new re-packagings that you've already posted.
Old 04-23-08, 11:21 PM

Details of Wal-Mart's "For Mom" DVDs

WOW!!! Lots of stuff going on at Wal-Mart. I went over to take a look at the Mother's Day special DVD offering (with an eye toward free movie tickets and concession cash). I found six (6) different rewards available. All of these have been added to the table (post #1) but I'll include the pricing that I saw in this post. Remember that these are specially packaged DVDs. The overall front cover is pink and clearly states "For Mom". There is a small triangular sticker in the top left corner of the cover. This sticker identifies the ticket to be found inside. You must get a specially marked box to assure that a ticket is inside.

Reward: $3 Movie Snack (expires 6/30/08)
$10 - Dirty Dancing (ultimate ed.)
$10 - In the Mix

Reward: $5 Movie Snack (expires 8/11/08)
$12 - Hairspray (2007 - FF)
$?? - Miss Congeniality 1 & 2 (double feature)
$10 - Must Love Dogs / You've Got Mail (double feature)
$12 - Notebook, The

I didn't see the Miss Congeniality (double feature) at the Wal-mart I visited. This title was reported on the exclusives and freebies thread.

Reward: $7.50 Movie Ticket for Made of Honor (expires 6/13/08)
$10 - 13 Going On 30 / Black Book
$?? - As Good As It Gets / Something's Gotta Give
$10 - Maid In Manhattan / Fools Rush In
$10 - Steel Magnolias / Sleepless In Seattle
$10 - Wedding Planner / My Best Friend’s Wedding

I didn't see the As Good as it Gets / Something's Gotta Give double feature at the Wal-mart I visited. This title was reported on the exclusives and freebies thread. I also didn't see the Loverboy / Lucky Seven double feature that is usually included in comparable offers.

Reward: $10.50 Movie Ticket for Sex and the City (expires 6/29/08)
$19.96 - Sex and the City: season 1
$19.96 - Sex and the City: sesaon 2
$19.96 - Sex and the City: sesaon 3
$19.96 - Sex and the City: sesaon 4
$19.96 - Sex and the City: sesaon 5
$19.96 - Sex and the City: sesaon 6, part 1
$19.96 - Sex and the City: sesaon 6, part 2

Look for the "For Mom" packaging. There were some "plain" packaged season sets with no tickets for $24.96 right around the corner.

Reward: $12.00 Movie Ticket for The Love Guru (expires 7/20/08)
$13.72 - Dreamgirls
$??.?? - Footloose / Flashdance (double feature)
$ 9.44 - Ghost (spec. collector's ed.)
$ 9.44 - Lady Sings The Blues (spec. collector's ed.)
$ 9.44 - Mahogany
$ 9.44 - Titanic

I didn't see the Footloose / Flashdance (double feature) at the Wal-mart I visited. This title was reported on the exclusives and freebies thread.

Reward: $10.50 Movie Ticket for What Happens in Vegas (expires 7/20/08)
$?? - An Affair to Remember (50th anniversary ed.)
$10 - Devil Wears Prada (FF)
$10 - How Stella Got Her Groove Back
$10 - I Think I Love My Wife
$10 - It's a Love Thing
$10 - Salon, The
$10 - She's Gotta Have It
$10 - Soul Food
$10 - Waiting to Exhale
$10 - Woman Thou Art Loosed

I didn't see An Affair to Remember (50th anniversary ed.) at the Wal-mart I visited. This title was reported on the exclusives and freebies thread.

Last edited by DiscGuy; 04-24-08 at 01:34 PM.
Old 05-06-08, 03:51 PM

Best Buy:
Take The Lead (9.99) with $10.50 Sex In The City ticket inside Expiry 6/29
The Notebook (13.99) w/ $10.50 Sex In the City ticket inside Expiry 6/29
Also in the Sex in the City box sets, just like Walmart

Best Buy:
$10.00 Movie Money to see Prince Caspian expiry 6/14
separately packaged with purchase of

DVDs
Pirates of the Caribb 1,2,3
Guardian
Hidalgo
Ladder 49
Glory Road
Bridge to Terabithithia
Narnia 1
Invincible
National Treasure 1
Remember the Titans
King Arthur
20K Leagues under the sea
In Search of the Castaways
Blackbeards Ghost
Adventures of Huck Finn
Treasure Island
Black Hole
Island at the top of the world

Blu Ray
Brige to terabithia
Enchanted
Narnia 1
Pearl Harbor 60th Anniv Ed
Guardian

CDs
Hanna Montana 2
Prince Caspian Sdk
High School Musical Sdk
High School Musical 2 Dance Party

Video Games
Hanna Montana DS
High Schoold Musical 2 DS
Ratatouille PS2
Cars PS2
Prince Caspian DS, PC, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, PS2

Circuit City:
Mom's Day repackages of Maid/Fools and Wedding Planner/Best Friend's Wedding with $7.50 Made of Honor ticket (just like WalMart)

also $12 Made of honor tickets are available from buying 3 packs of Ghiardelli Chocolates, info here: http://www.ghirardelli.com/about/spe...ade_honor.aspx

and does anyone have any information about the $7.50 Speed Racer tickets I've heard of?
Old 05-06-08, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Old 05-07-08, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just think that most people have no idea what smp means unless they read your key, so it looks a bit strange to see it everywhere. It is not one of the universally recognized abbreviations.
Well, my girlfriend always talks about her ex having a SMP. But to her it means "small mini pe***" so I don't think it's the same thing
Old 05-12-08, 12:36 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by ga5vin
Blu Ray
Brige to terabithia
Enchanted
Narnia 1
Guardian
Add Remember the Titans to this list of qualifying Blu-Rays.
Old 05-12-08, 07:52 AM

Saw this in the K-mart add, but like several of the recent offerings, it is possibly at all chains.

Free Indiana Jones movie ticket ($7 max), prints at checkout, when you buy 4 Dr. Pepper 2 liters. There is Indiana Jones labeling on the bottles, which makes me think it might not be K-mart only.

Also, it is not descibed, but the picture of the cheez-it box in the k-mart ad shows something about an Indiana Jones movie ticket. That must be a Nabisco wide promotion.
Old 05-12-08, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Does anyone take part in the "My Coke Rewards" for every 220 points you get a gold AMC movie ticket, and for 200 points you get a silver one, and with 25 points you get a free small popcorn with a drink purchase, i've been doing this for a few months now since i live in Michigan "with the 10 cent deposit" every time i go to the grocery store i check back in the bottle return area for empty coke boxes you get 20 points for 24 packs and 10 points for 12 packs plus you get 3 points for the two liters and 20 ounce bottles of Coke products which includes Dasani flavored waters, Powerade and Minute Maid juice, i work at a public school that sells coke products so i'm cleaning up that way to, i highly recommend looking into it.

Last edited by johnbook; 05-20-08 at 12:57 AM.
Old 05-13-08, 03:34 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by ga5vin
Best Buy:
Take The Lead (9.99) with $10.50 Sex In The City ticket inside Expiry 6/29
The Notebook (13.99) w/ $10.50 Sex In the City ticket inside Expiry 6/29
Also in the Sex in the City box sets, just like Walmart

Best Buy:
$10.00 Movie Money to see Prince Caspian expiry 6/14
separately packaged with purchase of

DVDs
Guardian
Hidalgo
Ladder 49
Glory Road
Bridge to Terabithithia
Narnia 1
Invincible
National Treasure 1
Remember the Titans
King Arthur
20K Leagues under the sea
In Search of the Castaways
Blackbeards Ghost
Adventures of Huck Finn
Treasure Island
Black Hole
Island at the top of the world

Blu Ray
Brige to terabithia
Enchanted
Narnia 1
Guardian

CDs
Hanna Montana 2
Prince Caspian Sdk
High School Musical Sdk
High School Musical 2 Dance Party

Video Games
Hanna Montana DS
High Schoold Musical 2 DS
Ratatouille PS2
Cars PS2
Prince Caspian DS, PC, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, PS2

Circuit City:
Mom's Day repackages of Maid/Fools and Wedding Planner/Best Friend's Wedding with $7.50 Made of Honor ticket (just like WalMart)

also $12 Made of honor tickets are available from buying 3 packs of Ghiardelli Chocolates, info here: http://www.ghirardelli.com/about/spe...ade_honor.aspx

and does anyone have any information about the $7.50 Speed Racer tickets I've heard of?

the Prince Caspian tix/offer is NOT valid at AMC Theatres

Old 05-13-08, 04:06 PM

I actually got 2 this morning when I went to BB to get Narnia: L, W, & W (Blu-Ray). When I got home I went to open the package and noticed that there 2 ticket packs stuck together. SCORE!!!
Old 05-17-08, 08:19 PM

The Nabisco deal I mentioned earlier is not for a movie ticket, but for a DVD of the original.

Bought twelve 2 liters of diet Dr. Pepper tonight, paid $15 and got $21 in moviecash, sweet.
Old 05-17-08, 11:19 PM

Today I bought at my local Super K-Mart 12 2 liters of Dr. Pepper (various flavors) for $12 (I found out that the Super K-Marts have the 2 liters for $1 each - not 4/$5 - plus they'll be that price through Wednesday) . I found out that the Diet Cherry Chocolate Dr. Pepper has coupons under the label for $1 off the purchase of another Dr. Pepper 2 liter. So, with the four of those I bought I'll get another four 2 liters for free! I'll have paid $12 and received $28 in movie cash! Super sweet! Hopefully I'll be able to use them on more than just Indiana Jones.
Old 05-18-08, 01:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Went to Safeway this morning and they had a new spend $40 on select items in one order and get 2 free tickets. The items have blue tags as opposed to their normal yellow tags.
Old 05-18-08, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Rammsteinfan
Went to Safeway this morning and they had a new spend $40 on select items in one order and get 2 free tickets. The items have blue tags as opposed to their normal yellow tags.
This promotion goes until 6/10. You can click here to see what brands are part of the promo (under "see participating brands" -- click on all the drop-down categories):

http://shop.safeway.com/superstore/d...&page=corphome
Old 05-18-08, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
This week's Price Chopper ad (northeast grocery chain) has a free Indiana Jones ticket offer when you buy 5 qualifying Kellogg's, Keebler, Eggo, or Sunshine products during the same transaction. Code should print out with receipt & must be entered online by 6/21. Movie cash good til 9/30.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.