Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

$10 off $60 purchase at DVDEmpire with Google Checkout

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-07, 03:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
$10 off $60 purchase at DVDEmpire with Google Checkout

The multi-use Google discount is back, although not nearly as generous as last year's. The discount is automatic at select merchant and is likely to be able to stack with the DVDEmpire monthly coupon. The current store coupon according to the thread: "Enter the code 1378927 at checkout to save $12 on your next order of $75 or more (Not valid on used, VOD or with any other offers, expires 12/01)." Buy $75 worth of DVDs, apply coupon for $12 off and then use GCO to save an additional $10. I can't test this approach as their site doesn't yet show the GCO option so YMMV.

Link to GCO page: and scroll down to see the offer. It seems as if the DVDE store does not have this option posted right now but they are having some technical difficulties.
Old 11-28-07, 03:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I added a couple items into a cart and saw that Google icon does show up on their checkout page so the discounts should stack...too bad their Criterion 40% off sale is over.
Old 11-28-07, 04:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
To little, to late.

Old 11-28-07, 04:43 AM

nice to see GCO offer back in the fold. You're right about it not being as generous as last year, but it still might come in handy. Fingers crossed for Buy.com and $20 off $50 purchase
Old 11-28-07, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Well I added three items to my cart, plus the coupon. When I went to google's page the coupon was gone, but they took off their $10 bucks. I put the coupon code in again on google's page, and it accepted the code (and displays the $12 discount on the page), but doesn't change the total price.

Not sure if its a glitch or if it just won't let me combine these two. Since the total price doesn't reflect the $12 off DVDEmpire coupon, I'm not going to submit the order. I'm pretty sure they're not going to magially change my total.

Last edited by Jericho; 11-28-07 at 08:57 AM.
Old 11-28-07, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Actually this is weird. It will let me use the $12 coupon if I choose overnight shipping, which is $19 bucks. Otherwise it won't deduct the $12 DVDEmpire coupon for the total on Google Checkout.
Old 11-29-07, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

this has not been fixed yet. it doesnt change the total for me