Reload this Page >

All store exclusives and freebies - 11/18/07 to 11/24/07, Anniversary Edition

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Old 11-16-07, 08:15 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 670 Likes on 448 Posts

These weekly threads are for the posting and discussion of that particular week's store exclusives and freebies.

These lists will likely be incomplete until Thursday or so, since DVDs are released on Tuesday and one of us needs to visit all the stores to confirm things.

Links to the master list and to the previous and next week's thread are below.

Volunteers needed: I regularly go to Best Buy, Circuit City, Target, and Walmart; but don't visit the other stores every week. If you work at or regularly go to the FYE/TWEC chains, Costco, Borders, K-mart/Sears, Barnes and Noble, Blockbuster, Hot Topic, or any other store that has DVD exclusives; I'd appreciate any updates you could give us.

All Stores - Thread for all movie cash and free ticket deals

Best Buy -
Die Hard Series - 4 Collectible Steelbooks (Die Hard 1-3 $19.99, Die Hard 4 $22.99)
Crossroads: Eric Clapton Guitar Festival 2007 - BB exclusive 2 bonus tracks
Soldier of Fortune Payback: The Ultimate Mercenary Experience Box Set - includes "Rambo: First Blood" DVD in pack
Dreamworks Animation DVDs - free Shrek the Third Activity Book with purchase (new book available weekly for 3 weeks.) <--- This is week 2 of 3 if i'm not mistaken... but my Best Buy had 3 different books out already. guess YMMV on whether or not the store is actually saving each book for a specific street date
I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Target - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Circuit City - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Wal Mart/ Sam's Club -
Hairspray - bonus DVD
Live Free or Die Hard (1 disc version only) - bonus DVD
I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

K-Mart/Sears - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

FYE/Sam Goody/other TWEC - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Barnes and Noble - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Borders - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Costco - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Blockbuster - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Hot Topic - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Toys-R-Us - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

The Disney Store - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Meijers - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Ralph's - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Hastings - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Acme / Albertson's - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Giant Food / Giant Eagle - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Last edited by Trevor; 11-24-07 at 02:45 PM.
Old 11-16-07, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
Happy 100!! Keep up the great work, Trevor!
Old 11-16-07, 11:07 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wal-Mart: I saw on one of the cardboard covers they put over the theft control devices at the entrance that Hairspray will have a bonus DVD attached. If I remember correctly, it includes a feature on what they went through to turn Travolta into a woman for the movie, and one other feature that I can't remember.

Let's hope they attach the exclusive item to both the WS and FS versions, and not just the FS version as Wal-Mart has seemed to do lately (Delta Farce and Ocean's Thirteen to name a couple). I guess that's the only way they figure they'll sell the FS version.
Old 11-17-07, 12:03 AM

Best Buy
Die Hard Series - 4 Collectible Steelbooks (Die Hard 1-3 $19.99, Die Hard 4 $22.99)

Crossroads: Eric Clapton Guitar Festival 2007 - BB Exclusive 2 Bonus Tracks

Soldier of Fortune Payback: The Ultimate Mercenary Experience Box Set - Includes "Rambo: First Blood" DVD in pack <--- technically a game, but it comes packaged with a dvd...

Dreamworks Animation DVDs - FREE Shrek the Third Activity Book with purchase (New book available weekly for 3 weeks.) <--- This is week 2 of 3 if i'm not mistaken... but my Best Buy had 3 different books out already. guess YMMV on whether or not the store is actually saving each book for a specific stree date
Old 11-17-07, 12:10 AM

It's listed on the Walmart web site, "includes over 40 minutes of extras including "Transforming Travolta To Turnblad" and "The Search For Tracy Turnblad" featurettes!."

No picture, but the full screen version appears to be single disk..

Later
Old 11-17-07, 02:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wal-Mart is getting a bonus disc with the 1-disc Live Free or Die Hard Unrated,luckily I have to get LFODH for my cousin and he doesn't care about special features so I'm gonna take the bonus disc off the pack and put it with the 2-disc Unrated SE. I think the exclusive is listed on Walmart.com .
Old 11-20-07, 01:26 AM

I'm picking up Live Free or Die Hard tommorrow. Does anyone know if there are any other exclusives besides the BB Steelbook or the Walmart Bonus Disc?
Old 11-20-07, 10:22 AM

Appears to be a light week for exclusives. I'll be out later today to search the usual suspects.
Old 11-20-07, 01:44 PM

Thanks for list every week. I went to Walmart today and saw the Die Hard 4 single disc, and then there was the single disc with Die Hard 4.1 for 19.96...then there was the deluxe edition for 22.46. Also can confirm the Hairspray with the bonus disc, didnt see if there was a price difference. Also noticedk, not sure, if this has been reported yet the new Eagles cd also has a deluxe ediition in a red box with two extra songs and a booklet.
Old 11-20-07, 03:14 PM

Target has an exclusive "Santa Clause" trilogy pack. But note that first two films are foolscreen only...rng
Old 11-20-07, 04:14 PM

I just bought the Crossroads DVD set from Best Buy which has a sticker which says "contains bonus DVD with 2 exclusive performances" but when I open it up there is no "bonus" DVD just 2 DVD's. Does anyone know if these "exclusive performances" are included on these discs instead of an extra disc?
Thanks
Old 11-20-07, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Don't forget the Hairspray Gift Set at Best Buy. It's the 2-Disc in a pink locker that you can put stickers on.
Old 11-20-07, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by rednowgreen
Target has an exclusive "Santa Clause" trilogy pack. But note that first two films are foolscreen only...rng
The boxset is also at FutureShop in Canada.. The first 2 movies are widescreen here..
Later
Old 11-20-07, 07:02 PM

Borders
Hairspray 2-Disc - 16-page Behind The Scenes Booklet included in-pack. NO SLIPCOVER on these sets though
Terry Pratchell's Hogfather - Borders DVD Exclusive

Wal-Mart
Rescue Dawn - Rescue Dawn/The Great Escape SE Combo Pack
Live Free or Die Hard - Die Hard 4.1 Bonus Disc w/ 2 Fox Movie Channel featurettes (Life after Film School + Casting Session, 36 min. total)

Target
Ace of Cakes: The Complete First Season - Target DVD Exclusive
Live Free or Die Hard - $3 Off Coupon on-pack for Target Die Hard Trilogy
Rescue Dawn - $5 Off Coupon on-pack for Live Free or Die Hard

Costco
24: Seasons 1-5 - Set in cardboard "briefcase" includes Behind The Scenes Book and t-shirt $179.99 <--- dunno if this is exclusive to Costco, but it's the first time i've seen it or heard of it anywhere...
Die Hard 4-Movie Collection - 2-Disc editions of all films in 4 slimcases with slipcase. $54.99

there were also these gift packs at Costco, but I don't know if they're Costco exclusive. first i've seen of them anywhere. $29.99 each:

Spinal Tap - includes DVD + CD soundtrack + t-shirt
Rocky Horror Picture Show - includes DVD (RHPS and Shock Treatment) + Prop Kit + CD soundtrack
The Devil Wears Prada - includes DVD + CD soundtrack + day planner
Borat - includes DVD + t-shirt + trucker hat
Ice Age - includes 2 DVDs (Ice Age and Ice Age: The Meltdown) + Scrat plush + t-shirt
Night at the Museum - includes DVD (dunno if it's single or 2-disc) + glow-in-the-dark T-Rex toy + dinosaur encyclopedia
Old 11-21-07, 05:14 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by The Valeyard
Don't forget the Hairspray Gift Set at Best Buy. It's the 2-Disc in a pink locker that you can put stickers on.
i think it comes in green too.
Old 11-21-07, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by hindolio
Maybe my obsession is fading. I successfully resisted buying that set.
Old 11-21-07, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Trevor
Maybe my obsession is fading. I successfully resisted buying that set.
I stood in front of it for 10 minutes before pulling myself away! I really gotta cut back with Christmas coming up.
Old 11-21-07, 02:55 PM

I stood in front of it for 10 minutes before pulling myself away! I really gotta cut back with Christmas coming up.
I'll be honest, if my BB had the green one in stock, I just may have been able to justify the purchase somehow.

But there is no explaining a bright pink mini-locker in my house.
Old 11-21-07, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I, too, was very tempted to pick up/order the Hairspray giftset....but with all the sales going on now, there's no way I could justify a price jump from 22.99 (for the 2-Disc) to 39.99 just for a stupid locker. That extra $17 is gonna buy me a whole other SD or HD-DVD.
Old 11-21-07, 11:28 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by hindolio
Originally Posted by Trevor
I'll be honest, if my BB had the green one in stock, I just may have been able to justify the purchase somehow.

But there is no explaining a bright pink mini-locker in my house.
Sounds like our taste in "DVD Gift Sets" the same.. I almost had the same thoughts but end up not getting it.
Old 11-24-07, 02:47 PM

Next week's thread started.
Old 11-25-07, 12:25 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by xage
Sounds like our taste in "DVD Gift Sets" the same.. I almost had the same thoughts but end up not getting it.
i dont think ive ever read those words from one of your posts, xage