Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

$10 off $35 using PayPal @ FYE

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-07, 10:29 PM
ktg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by johnsun
Were you able to get the BSP to work with the paypal10 coupon? Whenever I tried to add it, it keep removing the BSP price..
Later
Originally, I thought I was able to get them to work together...but tonight I checked my confirmation email, and it looks like you're correct---using the PayPal discount killed the BSP. Damn!
Old 11-20-07, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Their site isn't processing discounts consistently. You can combine the BSP discount with the WELCOMECCTEN or WELCOMEMPTEN discounts. If you apply the coupon discount first, the BSP discount will be 10% off of the regular price. But if you apply the BSP first, the coupon discount will be off of the BSP price... So you should always apply the coupon discount first.

However, this issue is worse. I ordered Ocean's 13 on HD-DVD. The price is 26.99 before any discounts. It is over $25 so qualifies for free shipping. The price for BSP members is $24.29. It still shows free shipping, all the way until the final click to process the order. But on the receipt, it shows they suddenly charged me $2.48 for shipping!!! My order history shows it as well. I will wait until it ships, then contact customer service. They better give me a credit. I have a printout showing the free shipping... Assuming they give me my credit, I got a great deal. I had a $10 virtual GC from a previous rebate, so only $12.95 out of pocket, and I'll get a $10 GC back (rebate) and $1.15 from FW.
Old 11-20-07, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I messed with it for a long time trying to get the BSP, coupon and Pay Pal to work together but it never would, so I was happy to just get the BSP 10% off AND the welcome10 10% off combined with free shipping and rebates. Plus, since I was not restricted by the PayPal or Google Checkout rules about pre-orders, I went ahead and preordered some upcoming titles I want, so the total percent off was more than the $10 would have been anyway and I don't have to hunt for deals on them when they come out (Simpsons Movie, Harry Potter 5, POTC 3, etc.).

The only problem is now I got this email from them saying my order is delayed for security reasons or some nonsense:

Thank you for shopping at FYE!

For your safety, your order has been referred to Customer Service for verification.

If necessary, our verification team will contact you within the next few days to confirm the information on your order.

Please note that your order will remain on hold until this verification can take place. If we are unable to verify this information within 5 days, your order will not be processed. Shipping and delivery timeframes associated with this order do not start until verification of your order has been received.

Has anyone else received this? I was hoping to at least get the new 2 disc Hairspray I ordered soon, since it's out, but if I have to wait "a few days" just for them to contact me about whatever it is they think is a problem, it may not show up until the December releases.
Old 12-03-07, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Anyone tried the paypal10 coupon lately?
Old 12-03-07, 07:05 PM
Cool New Member

Just did a quick test and the coupon is dead.
Old 12-03-07, 07:17 PM

Worked for me last week, the day the Oliver Stone set was on sale.
Old 12-03-07, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

thanks - was hoping to use on Pirates tomorrow, sad to see it go..............
Old 12-03-07, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Dang. I used it quite a few times over the past few weeks.

Hopefully it'll come back again soon like it did after leaving for a few days last month.
Old 12-03-07, 09:32 PM
ktg

The coupon worked for me in the wee hours of 11/30, then when I tried it mid-day on 12/1, it was dead. So I think they planned a month-end expiration for this one. I tend to doubt it will come back. As we get closer to Xmas, stores can get away with charging what they like as shoppers become increasingly desparate for those last-minute gifts. (Just my theory).