Coupons for DVD Planet/Digital Eyes Thread II

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Coupons for DVD Planet/Digital Eyes Thread II

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-07, 01:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why doesn't Mark explain to us what is going on? I am sending back all of my crushed DVDs for a full refund! That can't be good for his business.
Old 08-26-07, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Anna Karina
If they've heard so many complaints, why is this still going on?
I was wondering does putting an item in box not damage the item? Does using an envelope damage the item? I am curious.

Last edited by jackson2006; 08-26-07 at 04:42 PM.
Old 08-26-07, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by jackson2006
Also, over 90 % of the people here haven't even received a damage item.
Not quite sure where you pulled that statistic from...
Old 08-28-07, 02:26 PM

I hadn't heard about this envelope situation. This really sucks. I've always received my discs from DVD Planet in cardboard boxes before, but I just had a huge order of HD DVDs ship out recently. God, I hope they're not in one of these envelopes.
Old 08-28-07, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Paul Arnette
I hadn't heard about this envelope situation. This really sucks. I've always received my discs from DVD Planet in cardboard boxes before, but I just had a huge order of HD DVDs ship out recently. God, I hope they're not in one of these envelopes.

Not to worry. "Huge" orders can't fit in those envelopes. You will get your shipment in a box (guaranteed)! I think the envelopes are being used when there are small shipments like a single box set or three or less keep cases. Someone, correct me if this is not correct information!
Old 08-28-07, 03:06 PM

I ordered the Brothers Quay dvd, Ivan's Childhood, and The Host. If it's not in a box Ima box someone.
Old 08-28-07, 03:11 PM

"Huge" orders can't fit in those envelopes.
Thank you. That's good to know. Specifically, we're talking about six HD DVDs and the Matrix trilogy, so hopefully that is sufficiently "huge". Dawn of the Dead HD DVD was just shipped by its lonesome the other day though.

The rest of my order are pre-orders, and I hope DVD Planet sorts this envelope issue out by then.
Old 08-28-07, 04:41 PM

Well, I received my "huge" order today, and apparently it wasn't big enough because it still arrived in one of those crappy yellow envelopes. My Batman Begins HD DVD case was cracked and the insert was damaged.

Mark, I stopped buying from overstock.com because of the shipping material they use, and I can guarantee you I will stop buying from Deep Discount and DVD Planet once my store credit is used up if these companies insist on using these yellow envelopes.
Old 08-28-07, 11:54 PM

Envelopes? No way am I buying if they are now sending stuff in envelopes. If you saw the way some of those boxes looked after the journey to Australia, you would know exactly why they would be better off just slapping the mailing label on the DVD itself rather than waste time with envelopes.
Old 08-29-07, 02:01 AM

Well, I received my "huge" order today, and apparently it wasn't big enough because it still arrived in one of those crappy yellow envelopes.
That's bad news! My shipment consist of 3 DVDs, 1 steel case and Matrix boxset. I pray for a box.

Originally Posted by ian959
Envelopes? No way am I buying if they are now sending stuff in envelopes.
You're in luck because I can check it for you if transatlantic shipments are in boxes or not.
Old 08-29-07, 04:46 AM

Well, I received my "huge" order today, and apparently it wasn't big enough because it still arrived in one of those crappy yellow envelopes. My Batman Begins HD DVD case was cracked and the insert was damaged.

Sorry to read the bad news. That "envelope" must have been a giant one to have all your DVDs stuffed in there! I would call Digital Eyes and request a return shipping label for the damaged items immediately. A while back I tried selling a DVD to Digital Eyes. It was in mint condition when I shipped it. However, Digital Eyes refused to buy it because during shipment the keep case was broken. It works both ways. If Digital Eyes ships something that gets damaged, you have the right to return the damaged stuff back to them. Don't procrastinate!

I didn't think the "indestructible" HD DVD cases could be broken! An elephant must have stepped on your "envelope."
Old 08-29-07, 06:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can we maybe move the envelope discussion to the "dvdplanet sucks" thread in the store forum?
Old 08-29-07, 10:51 AM

Is DVDPlanet backed up right now? Normally my orders get shipped in one or two days, but four days and no shipment so far. Just wondering if this is going on with other people.
Old 08-29-07, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by starman9000
Can we maybe move the envelope discussion to the "dvdplanet sucks" thread in the store forum?
No, because Mark from DVDPlanet actually reads THIS thread, and we all want him to see how much we love his company's new shipping policy
Old 08-29-07, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by domino harvey
No, because Mark from DVDPlanet actually reads THIS thread, and we all want him to see how much we love his company's new shipping policy
Yes, and he reads that thread which is in the appropriate forum.
Old 08-30-07, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Quote machine is back up and running.

http://www.dvdplanet.com/qm.cfm
Old 08-30-07, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 615 Likes on 453 Posts
Originally Posted by docdoowop
Quote machine is back up and running.

http://www.dvdplanet.com/qm.cfm

And good luck getting half to a third of the prices they were paying before it went down on the vast majority of stuff they buy, as I suspected right from the start, and in spite of ambiguous claims from the DVD Planet rep who posted here. Many titles have been removed altogether from their "buy" list (what, not even worth 50¢ or a dollar?). Should be interesting to see what some of your discs will sell for once they're reposted as used titles for sale—that's an awfully high mark-up margin if they don't lower their used DVD selling prices accordingly. I have a list of titles I've been hoping would turn up used for ages now, but entering those titles into the Quote Machine reveals that they don't even buy a lot of 'em anymore, so that's one less option. I guess there are other venues for both selling and buying, but as DVD is now way past the point of saturation, it's only a matter of time before we're lucky if we get a buck a pop for most of the stuff we own.

Last edited by Brian T; 08-30-07 at 05:55 PM.
Old 08-30-07, 06:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Wow. I suspected the worst, but the prices I'm seeing listed on dvdplanet's "new and improved" quote machine are still a pretty rude awakening. Almost makes more sense to give your used DVDs away to friends at this point...
Old 08-30-07, 07:46 PM

Different story here. The new quote machine prices are better for every title in an order I've been waiting to sell. Not a single one is lower for me. And just to compare, I checked the prices SecondSpin was offering for all 7 titles in my order -- and DVDPlanet gives a significantly better quote on every single one. I'm happy. DVDPlanet still has my business when it comes to selling used discs.
Old 08-30-07, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Anna Karina
Is DVDPlanet backed up right now? Normally my orders get shipped in one or two days, but four days and no shipment so far. Just wondering if this is going on with other people.
maybe its one or more of the items you ordered possibly temporarily oos or something? i placed a couple of orders just recently and both have shipped within two business days.
Old 08-31-07, 01:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

After ordering at least 40 items from DVDplanet, I stopped using them completely because of their crappy new packaging and the number of damaged items that I got. It's not worth it. They used to be my favorite vendor and now they are dead to me.
Old 08-31-07, 04:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Peep
After ordering at least 40 items from DVDplanet, I stopped using them completely because of their crappy new packaging and the number of damaged items that I got. It's not worth it. They used to be my favorite vendor and now they are dead to me.
Using this as an example, I can't help but be surprised that we have so many drama queens on the board. It's just a container. Get it replaced or exchanged. As for me, I guess I'm just a little less anal about minor damage, as long as the price is low. I suppose that comes from buying almost exclusively used items, which rarely come in "like new" condition locally.

As for quotemachine, it's still not bad. Those sell credit prices seem fair to me. I was a little disappointed they won't be accepting some titles, even if the only difference between two versions (one of which is accepted) is the isbn.

Last edited by izatright; 08-31-07 at 05:23 AM.
Old 08-31-07, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by izatright
I was a little disappointed they won't be accepting some titles, even if the only difference between two versions (one of which is accepted) is the isbn.
In regards to ISBN differences, as long as the item is exactly the same (say, the original release of Chinatown, which has a number of ISBNs but are identical content-wise) they won't give you any trouble over accepting it. I've done this many times in the past.
Old 08-31-07, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by izatright
Using this as an example, I can't help but be surprised that we have so many drama queens on the board. It's just a container. Get it replaced or exchanged. As for me, I guess I'm just a little less anal about minor damage, as long as the price is low. I suppose that comes from buying almost exclusively used items, which rarely come in "like new" condition locally.
I'm gonna lol when whatever digipak DVD title you order next comes in "lightly" smashed to bits. It's not just a container, it's what you're paying money for, and there's no excuse for the switch from sturdy safe boxes to flimsy yellow envelopes.
Old 08-31-07, 04:15 PM

Any coupons for September?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.