Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

DVDs at Ross - Dress for Less!

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-06, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There's a separate thread on this, but many of these titles showed up as Graveyardmall's Deal of the Day:

http://graveyardmall.com/399dvds.html

Shipping is expensive unless you order several, $6.99 flat rate. But it sounds like many of you would be happy to write it off as a $7 convenience fee to never set foot in a Ross store.
Old 08-25-06, 01:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just want to say I don't think I ever laughed as hard as reading this thread. I have always felt that Ross was where cleanliness goes to die and I'm glad it's not just the ones by me.
Old 08-25-06, 07:59 PM
Banned

THX-1138 (2-Disc Director's Cut) for $2.99(mismarked). I quickly picked it up, and walked out a happy camper.
Old 08-26-06, 11:03 AM

Thank you all for this thread. We're just getting a Ross in this area and I wasn't sure what to expect until I read this thread. Guess Ill try to visit it as soon as it opens to check for dvds and to also see how quickly it travels down the disgusting road these stores seem to go.
Old 08-26-06, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,243 Likes on 854 Posts
Any idea if these might be popping up at TJ Maxx? Don't have a Ross in my area, and haven't been into TJ Maxx in . . . god . . . I was a sophmore in high school . . .
Old 08-26-06, 04:53 PM

Wow - just got back from Ross in Gaithersburg, MD. Quite a few known releases there. I picked up the last THX-1138 Directors Cut on the racks ($4.99) and The Best of He-Man 10 Episode Collection ($6.99). Thanks OP!

I also saw:

Million Dollar Baby 2 Disc: $7.99
Million Dollar Baby 3 Disc: $7.99
Aviator 2 Disc: $7.99
Starsky & Hutch: $5.99
Then a bunch for $4.99 like Innerspace, Made In America, Her Alibi.

I think that's it. Lots of copies of all that stuff - I think only one Million Dollar Baby 3 disc left.
Old 08-26-06, 09:57 PM

The only thing the Exton,PA Ross had was the He-Man set, I would have picked it up, but there was a line at the register and the only cashier was beyond slow.
Old 08-27-06, 12:17 AM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts
I got thx and million dolar baby 3 disk. Great deal
Old 08-27-06, 12:37 PM
Banned

Considering how horrible Ross looked on an average weekday, it must be like Mad Max during the holiday.
Old 08-28-06, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts
Local Ross has:
1st and Ten: Complete Series $14.
Old 08-28-06, 11:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'd say the Ross here in downtown Portland actually isn't that bad, mess-wise. Of course, when the escalators gave out a few years ago, they simply decided not to replace them, so we all have to haul our chunky heinies up the stairs to get to the second level (or make our way across the store to the one and only [scary!] elevator...)

I'll have to pop in there and see what they've got for dvds. I know that in the past, they've had Ellen, Season One, for $4.99 - heckuva deal if you're in the market. Got my teeny-bopper a copy of Kelly Clarkson's "Behind These Hazel Eyes" dvd for $6.99 a few months back. LOTS of preschool and exercise dvds to be had there and some "compilation" box sets too (like old John Wayne movies and such). I'll report back what I find once I've headed over there.

In the meantime, while some of you may enjoy your Nordstrom Rack stores, I can report that the one here has hired some of the snottiest girls on the planet! You'd think they worked in Beverly Hills boutiques instead of a "last year's markdowns" store...
Old 08-29-06, 07:57 AM

A two-story Ross boggles the mind. At what point does the structural integrity of garbage collapse on itself, I wonder?

Again, I'll pile on the place, but still venture in if I have the free time. I picked up "The Shining" (2-disk TV mini) for $5 and some portable, powered IPod speakers for $6. I then beat feet to the decontamination tent and the HAZMAT truck as I'm positive there were two escaped mental patients ahead of me in line.
Old 08-29-06, 08:31 AM

Who gives a shit how they act as long as they're HOT and PUT OUT

Originally Posted by bwsmom
I'd say the Ross here in downtown Portland actually isn't that bad, mess-wise. Of course, when the escalators gave out a few years ago, they simply decided not to replace them, so we all have to haul our chunky heinies up the stairs to get to the second level (or make our way across the store to the one and only [scary!] elevator...)

I'll have to pop in there and see what they've got for dvds. I know that in the past, they've had Ellen, Season One, for $4.99 - heckuva deal if you're in the market. Got my teeny-bopper a copy of Kelly Clarkson's "Behind These Hazel Eyes" dvd for $6.99 a few months back. LOTS of preschool and exercise dvds to be had there and some "compilation" box sets too (like old John Wayne movies and such). I'll report back what I find once I've headed over there.

In the meantime, while some of you may enjoy your Nordstrom Rack stores, I can report that the one here has hired some of the snottiest girls on the planet! You'd think they worked in Beverly Hills boutiques instead of a "last year's markdowns" store...
Old 08-29-06, 08:33 AM

I'm sure that there have been RAPES more enjoyable than a shopping trip to ROSS
Old 08-29-06, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 42 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by RustyOrgan
I'm sure that there have been RAPES more enjoyable than a shopping trip to ROSS
If that was intended to be funny, you failed completely!
Old 08-29-06, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I agree. NOT funny. Let's stick with the DVD talk.
Old 08-29-06, 10:42 PM

I think it was a Ross I was at (TJMaxx?) the other day and the shopping baskets had these metal poles(about 4 feet long) attached to them sticking straight up into the air with colored tape wrapped around the upper end!!!

It was the sillyest most ridiculus lookin sight I've seen in a department store. From a distance all you can see is the colored tape part moving apparently all by itself about 7-8 feet up in the air. What is the purpose of these things? So the clerks can keep track of customers? Most of the people shopping didnt have these shopping baskets!!!

I'll bet a place like this doesn't have trouble with shoplifting as I didnt see a thing worth the trouble of stealing much less actually buying!!!
Old 08-29-06, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by spawndude
I think it was a Ross I was at (TJMaxx?) the other day and the shopping baskets had these metal poles(about 4 feet long) attached to them sticking straight up into the air with colored tape wrapped around the upper end!!!

It was the sillyest most ridiculus lookin sight I've seen in a department store. From a distance all you can see is the colored tape part moving apparently all by itself about 7-8 feet up in the air. What is the purpose of these things? So the clerks can keep track of customers? Most of the people shopping didnt have these shopping baskets!!!

I'll bet a place like this doesn't have trouble with shoplifting as I didnt see a thing worth the trouble of stealing much less actually buying!!!
I'm not sure, but I think the pole helps to prevent people from wheeling the shopping carts through the door and stealing them or leaving them outside because the pole won't fit through the door so the carts stay inside. Just a guess. I don't know what the colored tape means, though.

Last edited by ron lee green; 08-29-06 at 11:50 PM.
Old 08-29-06, 11:46 PM

Thanks for this thread. I picked up:

THX1138 (2 disc SE, been waiting a while for this one to go down) $4.99
Million Dollar Baby (3 disc) $7.99
Clint Eastwood: Out of the Shadows (clearance) $3.99
The Hound of the Baskervilles(Matt Frewer as Holmes!?! on clearance) $3.49
The Man With Two Brains $4.99
The Ray Bradbury Theatre (26 episodes) $6.99

They also had some other "regular" movies as well as Ellen Season 1 and an interesting looking Charlie Chaplin box set with 32(?) films for $8.99 that I wanted to pick up but decided $20 was my limit for the day.
Old 08-30-06, 01:44 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

This is the funniest thread I've read in quite some time.

Dirty diapers on the floor being stepped on, a pile of vomit that hadn't been cleaned, clothes being tossed around in the toy aisle, poles floating around with tape on it.... this is hilarious!

Keep it comin' guys!

Oh, and I agree with the assessment of Marshalls >> TJ Maxx >> Ross. Although, lately, I think TJ Maxx has had better stuff.

I haven't been to any of 'em in quite some time (except for a TJ Maxx) and I'm definitely going to check out Ross for some of the goods. I'll come back with a report when I do!
Old 08-30-06, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
I had that happened to me at Wal-Mart parking lot, I stepped on a discarded dirty diaper. Luckily not full or wet, if you catch my drift. It had been sitting in the sun all day. WTF.
Old 08-30-06, 05:31 PM
MGR

Had to go to more than one Ross, but got the goods: THX-1138 2 disc, Million Dollar Baby 3 disc, Aviator 2 disc.

And no piles of vomit or dirty diapers.
Just hordes of unruly and undisciplined children running around, and clothes, shoes, etc strewn all over the floor.
What is up with that? Good grief
Old 08-30-06, 08:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Oh, that was FUN!!!

Okay, the Ross in downtown Portland (Oregon) has The Aviator 2-disc WS (probably four or five copies left after the two I bought), Million Dollar Baby 3-disc Deluxe Edition w/soundtrack cd (at least four copies left after the one I bought), and as far as I could tell, I got the only THX 1138 Director's Cut they had. Also picked up a few other goodies for the collection, plus one of the copies of The Aviator is for hubby for Christmas. I'm adding the other Aviator, Million Dollar Baby (already have) and THX 1138 to my trade list, in case anyone's interested!
Old 08-30-06, 10:25 PM
Suspended

if the dvd's are anything like thier other merchadise, look for flaws or holes in your dvds/cases.

the place sells absolute garbage, mostly defective stuff
Old 08-31-06, 01:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My local Ross had 2 MDBs,and 1 0cean's 12. They had alot of dvd's that were already opened with the discs missing. The O12 had a hole punched in the barcode, but it looked like it was done by the manufacturer.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.