Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

DDD 20% Off Sale Nov. 11-19 (STARTED ALREADY! GO BUY!)

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

DDD 20% Off Sale Nov. 11-19 (STARTED ALREADY! GO BUY!)

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-05, 03:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now if only Firefly goes back down...
I'll second that!
Old 11-10-05, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Johnny Zhivago
The 2 disc edition went OOP and OOS at most online stores a long time ago... However, it is now back in print. That said, IIRC, it's ONLY available at Best Buy.
Buy.com has it for $15.99.
Old 11-10-05, 03:03 PM
MSD

Anyone know what's up with CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST? When i click on it it says "There is no information for this item yet"
Old 11-10-05, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts
I'm sure everyone has heard the pitch of "the more you buy, the more you save". I guess they want to show that it can also be "the less you buy, the more you save."
I am glad some people's choices are going back down. The first three in my wishlist went up significantly and haven't changed. We'll see.
Old 11-10-05, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by hiccup
Nearly everything on my wishlist has started to "fluctuate" in price (meaning go up). I'm quite discouraged by this. Was planning on by buying quite a bit, but I think I'll just pass now. Firefly was one of my major wants, but I can just go to Amazon or Buy.com which has it cheaper and still for free shipping. ONly a coupole of my major wants haven't gone up....yet.

Thanks DDD. I'm really going to be saving a lot of money this time.
hiccup is right. I got screwed outta Firefly *shakes fist* Earlier this morning it was $29 and change and now it jumped to $36. That blows...my order will be less now as well.

A sale is a sale, DDD. Don't screw the consumer by jacking prices.
Old 11-10-05, 03:07 PM

If DDD fixed their adjustment on the day of the sale, then I'll place my order with them. Again, I rather pay an extra $1-$4 to order from Amazon.
Old 11-10-05, 03:07 PM

i'm so disappointed. i was so excited when i first saw this thread this morning; i even e-mailed all my friends and family (who would have been first time customers to DDD)! but now i need to warn them not to "blind buy" in regards to prices. i've seen several titles i wanted jump in price. besides the ones mentioned by other posters, less popular movies like bride and prejudice and the others increased over $5 (making them more expensive even with 20% off). i'm just hoping the rest of my wishlist won't be affected or else i won't be getting anything during this sale.

i've been keeping track of my wishlist prices for the last few weeks. i even copy/pasted them in word so i would know exactly which of my dvd's went up in price. none of the prices in my wishlist went up until today. after waiting months and months for this sale, these price increases have left me feeling deflated.
Old 11-10-05, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by BrentLumkin
-Some of these price increases are minor, but many of them have went up 20%, which would cancel out this sale completely.
Not quite. ($10 + 20%) - 20% = $9.60 < $10
Pretty darn close though. Still a savings of 4%. Hot damn! (If you take it from the original $10)

Last edited by exharrison; 11-10-05 at 03:10 PM.
Old 11-10-05, 03:10 PM

Somebody asked if anyone has seen anything go down in price. It actually looks like a good number of items went down, including the Stargate SG-1 seasons sets I've been wanting

http://www.bargainflix.com/hotdeals/...05&retailID=32
Old 11-10-05, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by SkullOrchard
The Avengers 'Emma Peel' megaset has just jumped from $74.xx to $137.89, roughly a $63.00 price increase. The Saint megaset jumped from $59.xx to $119.00, a $60.00 price increase.

THOSE PRICES HAVE NEARLY DOUBLED. A 90%-100% PRICE INCREASE SEEMS REASONABLE TO YOU?!?

along the same vein the History of Britain and The Prisoner both almost doubled in priceas well !!
Old 11-10-05, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
I cant even find U2 Vertigo Tour - Live In Chicago anywhere on their site.
Old 11-10-05, 03:12 PM

I have always been very pleased with DDD (they even honored the $0.30 Wild Things set...), and I'm not willing to dismiss them quite yet. The sale hasn't even started yet, they stated there were some pricing errors going on right now, so I think it is at least somewhat fair to wait and see if things get fixed by tomorrow.

Last edited by spyd3rgt; 11-10-05 at 03:17 PM.
Old 11-10-05, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by MSD
Anyone know what's up with CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST? When i click on it it says "There is no information for this item yet"
Cannibal Holocaust has a print run of 11,111... Could be that they are no longer able to restock that title? If you REALLY want it, I would suggest grabbing a copy from elsewhere ASAP. It's already "special order" at Amazon and bound to dry up pretty quickly.

Cool on the Fight Club 2 disc, there ya go... Add buy.com to Best Buy.
Old 11-10-05, 03:15 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Hey DDD... Wouldn't it be a nice gesture, considering the bad PR you are getting, to include pre-orders in this sale?
Old 11-10-05, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by BrentLumkin
Oh boy, where do I start with this classic post?

-As I type this, I'm seeing some of the prices that were raised, just some, go back down. If nothing else proves that you were just trying to make excuses for what you guys at DDD did, that does it.

So what happened, you wrote up a nice long rant and then realized it might be irrelevant by the time you went to post it, but couldn't bring yourself to waste all that effort?

I understand people were upset about this -- I was too -- but the sale hasn't even started yet, and if the prices are back to normal, ultimately what was the difference?

Sure we won't ever know if the higher pricepoints would have stuck if not for vocal posters in threads like this, but continuing to be angry about it isn't good for your health. Use the code, see what the prices are like post-coupon, and then compare anything that seems high with DVDPricesearch. If you can get a better deal, remove it.

There's a ton of great stuff coming out between now and the holidays. The more you don't spend now at DDD because the price isn't that competitive, the more you WILL save at places like Overstock who have bigger sales based on how large your order is.

Right now I'm more frustrated trying to figure out what got removed from my Wish List, because I don't think I'll remember everything I'd need to pick up elsewhere instead.
Old 11-10-05, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by cdollaz
I cant even find U2 Vertigo Tour - Live In Chicago anywhere on their site.

they never had that listed, I've been looking for it for the past week or so.
Old 11-10-05, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by THX7966
Hey DDD... Wouldn't it be a nice gesture, considering the bad PR you are getting, to include pre-orders in this sale?
Old 11-10-05, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Basically, I'm looking at it this way.

As long as the prices haven't gone up ONCE THE SALE HAS STARTED - then I could care less, as long as I'm getting 20% off what it would have cost me yesterday.

What they do before the sale starts doesn't matter. I don't get why people are flying off the handle about something that hasn't even happened yet.

once the sale starts, and there are price increases compared to their prices yesterday - by all means, bitch and moan. But right now, who cares? Let them tinker with thier site all they want, as long as it's good to go come sale time?
Old 11-10-05, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Calmuser
whats with the ADV titles? all of the ones I want to get say. no info avail?

Yeah, what's the deal?!? The Farscape Starburst discs (at least Vol. 5+6) come up in a search, but have no info and can't be added to my cart.
Old 11-10-05, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Damed
Basically, I'm looking at it this way.

As long as the prices haven't gone up ONCE THE SALE HAS STARTED - then I could care less, as long as I'm getting 20% off what it would have cost me yesterday.

What they do before the sale starts doesn't matter. I don't get why people are flying off the handle about something that hasn't even happened yet.

once the sale starts, and there are price increases compared to their prices yesterday - by all means, bitch and moan. But right now, who cares? Let them tinker with thier site all they want, as long as it's good to go come sale time?
I'm sorry but you must work for DDD if you are a making a statement like that.
What they are doing wrong now matter how you try to sugar coat it.
Old 11-10-05, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by hurricane
A lot of the prices are back...that's what the guy is talking about. They can have a billion and one glitches until midnight for all I care, all long as the prices are resonable when the sale starts (and people get their wishlists back).

Edit: at least SOME are....I checked Lost and it was back to ~$36.
Old 11-10-05, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

at the same time, i think it was worth our effort to point out many of DDD's "pricing errors" to them before the sale starts. their staff will surely be bogged down, and if we can help correct the errors now, all the better.
Old 11-10-05, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by hurricane
I must work at DDD. LMAO.

Anyway, think about it.

If a DVD was $20 yesterday, and today during their maintenance/incorrect data/upgrades/whatever, the price of said DVD goes up to $36.

Then a couple hours later, it goes back down to $20.

Then, a couple hours later, the sale starts. You buy said DVD for $16. 20% off of what it would have cost you yesterday.

End result - you get the 20% off. What they did for a couple hours pre-sale has no bearing on that.

THAT is my point. They could change the cost of all the DVDs in my wishlist to $1000, and I could care less - as long as they are at their regular correct price come sale time.
Old 11-10-05, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll keep an eye on my wishlist prices. If there are fluctuations, I have a $15 off $150 coupon for DVD Empire, where I would probably make out better.
Old 11-10-05, 03:33 PM

Price of Alien Quad went from $54.89 to $58.55.

And it's showing a release date of Nov. 22. ???

Last edited by Altimus Prime; 11-10-05 at 03:42 PM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.