Search this Thread

Old 08-08-05, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Anyone try this in Orlando?
Old 08-08-05, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just got back and purchased 18 sets including many Band of Brothers, Every Friends, One Tree Hill, The O.C., Sex and the City and MacGyver. Thanks again OP, you have made me one happy boy.

Spent around $115-$120 and retail value almost $900. Again, thanks and if anyone needs an extra set of anything post!
Old 08-08-05, 11:15 PM

anyone run across extras? i need sex and the city (complete series) and one tree hill.
Old 08-08-05, 11:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by paulringodaman
Just got back and purchased 18 sets including many Band of Brothers, Every Friends, One Tree Hill, The O.C., Sex and the City and MacGyver. Thanks again OP, you have made me one happy boy.

Spent around $115-$120 and retail value almost $900. Again, thanks and if anyone needs an extra set of anything post!
I really need Sex and the City Season 6 Pt. 1 & 2 and Gilmore Girls Season 3 the most. If I could trouble you for those items, that'd be so freakin' sweet. [email protected]
Old 08-08-05, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Read this post at 8:30PM and went RUNNING out the door to my nearest Target a few blocks from me (West Hollywood). Tried scanning Jaws, L Word, Little House on the Prairie, Looney Tunes, and One Tree Hill, all of which came up full price, so I decided not to try scanning more discs like some of you have done. Guess it was a no go.
Old 08-08-05, 11:24 PM

Well hey, if you want to unload one of those many Band of Brothers sets you picked up, I'd be happy recipient. [email protected] if you still have some. And thanks in advance!
Old 08-08-05, 11:36 PM
X
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 124 Posts
Why don't you and the people who are looking for trades/sales/purchases post in the Exchange Forum where this type of activity is supposed to take place?
Old 08-08-05, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by X
Why don't you and the people who are looking for trades/sales/purchases post in the Exchange Forum where this type of activity is supposed to take place?
OK, sorry, I have never used the exchange forum and will continue to further this conversation there. I do have another question for mods/admin./seasoned veterans: Is it DVDTalk "Legal" if I give them an ebay link "buy it now" because I'm new to selling and I'm scared I would be swindled by someone. (I know we aren't supposed give ebay auction links promoting your own items). Also sorry for posting the question in here, when it could have already been asked in Feedback and Support.

Thanks,
Daman.
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wow...just wow...why does target close so early...i'll be there when the doors open tommorow
X
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 124 Posts
OK, sorry, I have never used the exchange forum and will continue to further this conversation there. I do have another question for mods/admin./seasoned veterans: Is it DVDTalk "Legal" if I give them an ebay link "buy it now" because I'm new to selling and I'm scared I would be swindled by someone. (I know we aren't supposed give ebay auction links promoting your own items).

Thanks,
Daman.
No.
Old 08-08-05, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally Posted by X
Ya know, I thought about it and came thisclose to doing that. However, I figured:
  1. People would come here to post their "booty". Might see the one DVD set i'm looking for and email me.
  2. Hopefully, if a Talker heads over to Target tomorrow and this "sale" is still on, they'd think about me and snag an extra copy.
Old 08-08-05, 11:41 PM

I tried the Target by Baybrook Mall in Houston - no deal on any of the titles. They rang up at normal price. I was hoping to get the Looney Tunes.
Old 08-08-05, 11:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
No dice at the puyallup/lakewood targets.

I think the national system got wind of this and put a squash on it.
Old 08-08-05, 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by Cameron
wow...just wow...why does target close so early...i'll be there when the doors open tommorow
Same here, but I have very little hope that they won't catch this and fix it overnight. Still, it's worth a shot, and at most I'm out a couple bucks worth of gas.
Old 08-08-05, 11:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Christi P
I tried the Target by Baybrook Mall in Houston - no deal on any of the titles. They rang up at normal price. I was hoping to get the Looney Tunes.
I went there, too as my first Target, but I foolishly didn't ring up any of the titles. I'm so glad you posted this because now my mind is at ease. Ha ha. I had no luck at the Pearland Target, either, but I actually used the price scanner there.
Old 08-09-05, 12:36 AM
Cool New Member

Removed post of someone who doesn't read well

Originally Posted by X
Old 08-09-05, 07:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My fiance and I went back to my Brooklyn, NY Target at 8am and picked up:

The OC $5.99
Gilmore Girls (2nd Season) $5.99
Monk (3rd Season) $5.99
Batman TAS Vol. 3 $5.99

As we were leaving, one of the workers caught onto the OC, but that might've been the only one he noticed the price mistake on.
Old 08-09-05, 07:51 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm going to stop reading this thread before I get any more jealous. It's times like this when being in Manhattan with no easy way to get to Brooklyn and no time to shop anyway can be pretty annoying.
Old 08-09-05, 08:04 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm going to stop reading this thread before I get any more jealous.
Yeah I know what you mean!!! The only thing that is keeping me from eating a bullet over missing out on these prices is that there really isn't any titles being mentioned that I'm interested in (i'm sure if I keep telling myself that I will believe it).

Although Band of Brothers would have been cool....
Old 08-09-05, 08:14 AM

Nothing doing in Oaks, PA. If anyone gets a chance to check Plymouth Meeting, let me know.
Old 08-09-05, 09:06 AM

Well I'm encouraged to see that someone still got some of these this morning. I guess maybe it'll be worth me going today after all.
Old 08-09-05, 09:18 AM

No dice in Lynchburg, Va.
Old 08-09-05, 09:22 AM

I went to Oaks and Plymouth Meeting PA last nite and saw nothing.

*cry*
Old 08-09-05, 09:27 AM

Target does clearance sales like this comletely based off of each store's individual inventory. For instance the Target near where I work has Prince of Persia for the Xbox on clearance for $9.98 because they still have 30 some copies in stock. The Target near my house has less than 10 in stock and is still charging $19.99. I spoke to a friend who works at one of them and these clearances are done on a store to store basis so just because it is that cheap at one store does not mean any other Target will have it at that price
Old 08-09-05, 09:34 AM

Target at Woodhill Mall in Cola, SC had Gilmore Girls 1-3, Band of Brothers, and Sex and the City Seasons One and Six (part one), all for 5.99. The rest of the section was pretty barren though--looked like others had already snatched The OC and the rest of the Sex and the City sets.

Many thanks for pointing this out!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.