DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Got mine yesterday.
Old 11-11-04, 07:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nothing in my box - I guess the flames of Hades must be lickin @ my heels
Old 11-11-04, 09:04 AM

we got the coupons in the mail this time & the last time they were sent out. i guess that best buy really sees us as an inbetween customer. we send in EVERY rebate (i can't believe everyone doesn't) that is available and we buy dvds when they are cheap or get bb to price match them with other places. however in the last year we have bought a few pricey items from best buy including a laptop (which had at least 200 in rebates, all of which were sent in), a dryer (had a rebate on delivery and had one of those 10% off any item coupons), and most recently bought a new tv (not a plasma or anything just a 300 regular tv). i'm glad we get the coupons, but i wonder which category best buy puts us into. b/c in a normal year we do not buy a tv, dryer or computer....
Old 11-11-04, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I'm probably a devil in their eyes. I guess they must track it by Reward Zone or credit card number. If I don't get that coupon mailing by Friday I'll know my store has started that policy because I always got them before and 95% of the time I never used the coupons because there usually isn't anything I want and 10% is not a big enough discount to make a difference. I still have a small stack of 20% off Madden coupons I hope they won't invalidate before I can use them.

Even though I buy a lot of stuff there, I return probably half of it (always unopened) because I change my mind after the fact. So rather than look at it that I keep 50% of the stuff, they will probably look at it as I return 50% of it.

When I first read the devil vs. angel story about BBY, I thought they were going to try to bar people from their stores such as have an angel membership pass to get in the doors, but I guess all they are doing is not sending out offers to devils. They also talked about making their return policies more strict... well they are already so strict I can't imagine how they could get any stricter except by taking it away completely, reducing the number of days below 30, or charging restocking fees on UNOPENED DVDs. It'll be interesting to see what happens after Christmas with their "no receipt" policy for unopened items.

Fortunately there are other stores out there in case they do this. I hope it backfires on BBY, but it probably won't.

Last edited by Manzana; 11-11-04 at 10:11 AM.
Old 11-11-04, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Doesn't it figure that this ends on the 15th and Half-Life 2 comes out the 16th?
Old 11-13-04, 01:17 AM

I price matched the Stepford Wives today with Walmart for 14.97 and got 3 $5.99 dvds. I gave her the 10% coupon for the last 3. She took an extra 10% off Stepford Wives too. They never usually give you both the discount and the price match at mine. I got it for $13.48.
Old 11-13-04, 07:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I pay cash so I don't exist.
Old 11-13-04, 11:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

For anyone who did not get the 10% off coupon, in case you didn't know, Best Buy has a deal through 1/30/05 where if you buy 2 of the bargain $5.99 DVDs, all other regular-priced DVDs during that purchase are 10% off. This even works for additional $5.99 DVDs (ie: first 2 ring up at $5.99, others at $5.39). I assume this deal is nationwide. It is posted on one small sign on the bargain DVD rack at my Best Buy (w. Hollywood), and it worked when I checked out. The good thing is that at my Best Buy at least, they don't just have the usual cheapie DVDs carried by Walmart, Target, etc. There always seem to be a few unusual gems in there that other stores sell at much higher prices.
Old 11-14-04, 03:33 AM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by raytrade
For anyone who did not get the 10% off coupon, in case you didn't know, Best Buy has a deal through 1/30/05 where if you buy 2 of the bargain $5.99 DVDs, all other regular-priced DVDs during that purchase are 10% off. This even works for additional $5.99 DVDs (ie: first 2 ring up at $5.99, others at $5.39)
I bought half a dozen DVDs including some $5.99 titles. The cashier rang them up, scanned my 10% off coupon and the computer messed it up with this particular deal. It took the cashier a while to manually overwrite every DVD and cleaned up the mess because the computer kept on popping up the damn window prompting for package pricing on this particular deal.

Just be cautious if you have the coupon and have more than 2 $5.99 DVDs to check out.
Old 11-15-04, 06:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

A friend of mine got those coupons - I was able to use the 12% off to save $40 on a washing machine. Not all too shabby.

I even signed up for the Reward Zone, but that's only because I made $5 BB money buying it. Although I'm devil through and through, perhaps they'll see me as an Angel for a little while....
Old 11-15-04, 08:04 AM

I just want to say that every time I see this Angels and Devils shit it offends the hell out of me.

Best Buy won't be around long enough to live this PR disaster down.

PEACH