[DEAD] 10% off at DDD

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

[DEAD] 10% off at DDD

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-04, 10:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Will they ship out 1 item at a time when its avalible or do we have to wait till all of the m are in..

ie Hellboy DE & waiting for Battlestar G.

thankz
Old 10-19-04, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I never got a confirmation e-mail after I placed my order.

I have a feeling that I am SOL, but I will contact them since they appear to be honoring the discount.
Old 10-20-04, 12:05 AM

Originally posted by ds6161
Will they ship out 1 item at a time when its avalible or do we have to wait till all of the m are in..
DDD ships out one at time (even if you had a large order) and charges you only for what has shipped. BTW, I picked up Battlestar Galactica also.
Old 10-20-04, 12:27 AM

Got two emails, both my orders on that code are being honored with the discount!
Old 10-20-04, 05:52 PM

I just got an e-mail saying Hellboy DE & Thing CE are shipping ..

the bad news is it showed full price.. so i called...

they charged my CC the full $150.00 for everything & credited my CC $15.00.... & she said I must have called before because they normaly don't do it that way unless someone calls in a complaint...

I asked don't they nomaly charge the pre-orders when they ship.. she said yes but this must have been a problem..

so it looks like the 10% is a mistake that they are honoring...

just watch out for the full charge...
Old 10-20-04, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I never received the followup confirmation email and my Sunday order has still not shown up in my account. I sent them an email.
Old 10-21-04, 12:13 PM

I also got the email but when I checked my credit card statement today, the full amount was charged. Is it likely a separate transaction will appear to credit the 10% discount?

EDIT:
The credit for the 10% discount appeared on my cc statement 1 day after the full amount was charged.

Last edited by awc825; 10-22-04 at 04:57 PM.
Old 10-21-04, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by awc825
I also got the email but when I checked my credit card statement today, the full amount was charged. Is it likely a separate transaction will appear to credit the 10% discount?
Knowing DDD I wouldn't necessarily count on a credit showing up later. I would call customer service to verify or make sure they refund the 10% credit to to your credit card account
Old 10-21-04, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by LASERMOVIES
Knowing DDD I wouldn't necessarily count on a credit showing up later. I would call customer service to verify or make sure they refund the 10% credit to to your credit card account
I just reviewed my online statement. The full charge and credit appeared simultaneously.
Old 10-21-04, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I just received my order confirmation, and there was a FULL PRICE charge listed. My two DVD's were pre-orders, so I sent them an email asking them to make sure the proper amount was charged.

Looks like this was a glitch.
Old 10-21-04, 08:24 PM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

My preorder won't ship until end of November. I think I'll just hold onto the email that DDD sent out regarding them honoring the 10% off as a form of credit back to the credit card. When my preorder ships and they don't credit me the 10%, I'll just forward the email back to them.
Old 10-22-04, 02:05 PM

Originally posted by movielib
I never received the followup confirmation email and my Sunday order has still not shown up in my account. I sent them an email.
I had not received any form of confirmation either, so I sent them an email and included a scan of my original order page (showing the items and discount, etc.). Here is their reply:

Thank you for contacting DeepDiscountDVD.com!

Michael-
Unfortunately, it appears that there was a problem when this order was being downloaded into the system. Consequently, you have not been charged, and it has not been and will not be shipped. Please feel free to re-order at your own convenience.

Does anyone have any advice on what I might possibly do. It seems like they are not even taking into account that I had a substantial discount on this order that is now lost. I'm leaning towards just accepting this (what can I really do at this point) but it would have been nice if they had provided me an individual discount code to re-order or even if they had re-entered the order themselves and applied a discount.
Old 10-22-04, 02:35 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Does anyone have any advice on what I might possibly do.
Call them and tell them. Every time I've had a problem with DDD, their customer service staff has been very helpful.

BTW, both my orders have shipped (except for 1 DVD that is backordered), and the shipping notification had the correct discounted amount. I haven't checked my online statment yet, but I would assume it's correct.
Old 10-22-04, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I also placed an order that got "lost" in the system somehow, with the now-inactive 10% off coupon applied. I just called and explained the situation, and they re-entered the order on the phone, including the 10% discount. One of the items from that order shipped today, and the discount was applied properly.

My experience is consistent with Stoney's -- a phone call has almost always gotten better results than an email.
Old 10-22-04, 04:20 PM

My missing order that I never got a confirmation e-mail about suddenly appeared today. I never called or e-mailed them about it. So, those lost orders may show up.
Old 10-22-04, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yep, my just showed up too. But it didn't have the 10% discount applied. I just called and cancelled it, since I had already placed a duplicate order on the phone with the 10% off. I wonder if all the lost orders that are now showing up will be missing the 10% off. You might have to call to get it applied.
Old 10-22-04, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I sent them an email Wednesday (regarding my 10% off order from Sunday) because I had not received the confirmation email and my order had not shown up in my account. While I still have not gotten the email the order is now showing in my account with 10% off and that's good enough for me. It'd be nice now if it were sent soon but I imagine they have been pretty busy. I can wait.
Old 10-22-04, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm lazy and I made no attempt to contact DDD, and figured my order was gone unless I took the time to pursue it, but I just got the second email (which didn't have the discount) and when I log into the site the total is correct. I'm glad I got in on this deal.
Old 10-23-04, 03:46 AM

About an hour after posting that I had been told by DDD that my order was lost, I finally received an email confirmation. An hour after that it showed up on my order status page. For a second there I thought DDD had read my post Congrats to everyone else whose "missing" order is now coming through. And thanks to those who suggested to phone DDD rather that contact them through email, I will keep that in mind for next time...well actually I hope there isn't a next time; too many glitches with DDD's website recently.
Old 10-23-04, 06:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 144 Likes on 99 Posts
I finally got my confirmation email but the discount was not applied in the email. I went to my order status and the discount is listed. Very strange.
Old 10-24-04, 04:39 AM

Yeah, I've been having the same problems as everyone else. Whether the 10% discount ends up applied or not doesn't bother me, because I only ordered one DVD. I am somewhat disappointed, though, because I'd have the DVD in my hands already if everything had gone smoothly as it has in the past.
Old 10-25-04, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

My order just now appeared in my Order Status page. Never received the second e-mail from DDD, and assumed the order was forever lost. Good to see. I pre-orderd four TV box sets coming out December through Jan, so Iwasn't too worried about the timing. Glad to see it came through eventually.