Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Some Pretty Decent DVD Deals at Wegman's

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-04, 04:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some Pretty Decent DVD Deals at Wegman's

My wife and I were doing our bi-monthly grocery shopping at our local Wegman's last night, and for the first time I decided to check out some of their DVD deals (as I noticed the sign read $9.99). I was really surprised to find four of the recent Fox Studo Classics releases (Grapes of Wrath, An Affair to Remember, Song of Bernadette, and Diary of Ann Franke), the Great Gatsby (I like the classics), Robocop, Die Hard, the new Thelma and Louise release, and a ton more. Some weren't worth the $9.99 price tag, but I had been trying to find a good price on those Studio Classics releases for a while and that was a pretty decent deal.

Hope this helps someone out there.

Take care,

-B
Old 10-10-04, 06:07 PM

Which Wegman's? Rochester area?
Old 10-10-04, 06:58 PM

Sorry, no. I'm in the Northern Virginia, Sterling area.
Old 10-12-04, 07:06 AM

Cool, thanks.

My mom works in that Wegman's and I'm sure she gets a discount but I would've never thought about asking her about what DVDs they have.
Old 10-12-04, 11:45 AM

Originally posted by Stats
Cool, thanks.

My mom works in that Wegman's and I'm sure she gets a discount but I would've never thought about asking her about what DVDs they have.
Wegmans employees don't get a discount.
Old 10-12-04, 12:30 PM

I've seen the $9.99 pallets with these titles in the Rochester area too. They seem to get a new selection of them every month or two. The one at my store even has a list printed up, so you don't need to finger through the whole display. Just check through the list.
Old 10-12-04, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I think that all of the above DVDs have an MSRP of $14.95 so they should be selling for $9.99 at a lot of places like Circuit City, Best Buy (might be $10.99 there), Target, etc. Also, many stores often have these on sale for $9.99.
Old 10-12-04, 05:07 PM

I know CC and BB have Great Gatsby (GG?) for $14.99. The others do range from $9.99 up. And, hey, if anyone has any ideas on where I can get the rest of the Fox Studio Classics for $9.99, I'd appreciate the heads-up.

Take care,

-B
Old 10-12-04, 06:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Abbadon74
I know CC and BB have Great Gatsby (GG?) for $14.99. The others do range from $9.99 up. And, hey, if anyone has any ideas on where I can get the rest of the Fox Studio Classics for $9.99, I'd appreciate the heads-up.
Probably the closest you'll come is picking them up at Borders with the occasional 20% off coupon. Their regular selling price is $12.99, bringing your total cost down to $10.39.