Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Resident Evil Deluxe DVD - free movie ticket details?

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-04, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hopefully the Bargains forum is the right place to ask a question about the free movie ticket to Resident Evil: Apocalypse that comes with Resident Evil Deluxe Edition DVD.

For anyone who has seen the ticket that is included with the DVD:

Is it "Movie Cash" (which is good at Harkins but not at AMC Theaters) or is it something else that is good at AMC Theaters for up to $7.50? (I believe matinees are still under $7 at either theater so the ticket should cover that.)

I live within a mile of an AMC Theater complex but I'm almost 10 miles away from Harkins. Knowing where the ticket is good may make the difference to me on a borderline purchase like this (because I already own the previous Resident Evil DVD and it sounds like this release only adds a handful of extras).

(As an aside, most free movie tickets I get that come with DVDs don't work at AMC, so I have to drive to Harkins. It's a lot like whenever I get called for jury duty it's to the courthouse 25 miles away rather than the courthouse less than 2 miles away. It's called Murphy's Law.)
Old 09-06-04, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just an FYI, lately movie cash tickets have been good at AMC. I know The Princess Diaries II was a movie cash ticket and it was valid at AMC, as was a ticket I used for Spiderman 2. I think it's their policy that they are now taking movie cash tickets, as before I did have some troubles using them at AMC. In addition, on the theaters listed where the tickets are being accepted, AMC is on it.
Old 09-06-04, 02:05 PM
Suspended

Location: You have moved into a dark place. It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
I've never had problems with Movie Cash at AMCs. It's printed right on the ticket where they're accepted, and AMC is listed.

I used one at an AMC as far back as The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers.
Old 09-06-04, 04:56 PM

Is there a simple way I can find out if it will be valid at a theater around where I live?
Old 09-06-04, 06:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You can check out www.moviecash.com , and that gives you a listing of most locations where it is accepted. Again, it does not list all of them. I know AMC is absent, but lately it has listed AMC on the actual ticket you receive in the package.
Old 09-06-04, 09:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Also, check your grocery store, they have had free moviecash coupons when you buy any size Listerine. I got a few of them, just waiting for them to come back in the mail...
Old 09-07-04, 01:44 AM

I haven't gotten very many free movie tickets in the past, but the few I have gotten, including the Movie Cash in the Predator SE DVD set, did not list AMC. There was 1 exception long ago that worked at AMC -- probably the ticket in the Fellowship of the Ring set -- and it wasn't "Movie Cash" (it had a similar but different name). I've asked my AMC about Movie Cash and they said they don't take it. Of course that may have changed since then.

As soon as someone actually opens up the Resident Evil DE DVD and looks at the Resident Evil: Apocalypse ticket, could you please post (1) if it's a Movie Cash or some other type of ticket, (2) if AMC and/or Harkins Theaters are listed, and (3) are there any restrictions on days/hours it may be used? Thanks.
Old 09-07-04, 10:34 AM

since the ticket is only for $7.50, can you use it and pay the difference?
Old 09-07-04, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You can use it to pay for the difference. I've used some coupons before where they paid for most of the film amount, but I still needed to pay another fifty cents (so it was almost a free movie ticket).
Old 09-07-04, 01:54 PM

I just got my Resident Evil: Deluxe Edition from Digital Eyes this morning and, alas, no free movie ticket to be found!!! I am extremely bummed as one of the reasons for this purchase was to see the sequel for free!

Booo-urns!
Old 09-07-04, 06:37 PM

I got the ticket in my copy. It's Hollywood Movie Money. AMC is not listed as a participating theater. The website is www.hollywoodmoviemoney.info.
Old 09-07-04, 06:42 PM

Oops... forgot to mention that Harkins is listed, and there are no showtime restrictions that I can see.
Old 09-07-04, 08:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Can anyone confirm if the DEs from Wal-Mart have the ticket? I picked it up at Wal-Mart tonight and there is no sticker on the front (not sure if there is supposed to be). I want to be sure before opening.
Old 09-07-04, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I bought mine at wal-mart and it had the ticket, but it had a sticker mentioning it (& bonus features)as well.
Old 09-07-04, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by xfilekr
I bought mine at wal-mart and it had the ticket, but it had a sticker mentioning it (& bonus features)as well.
Mine has a bonus features sticker, but the lack of movie sticker worried me. :P I guess knowing that Wal-Marts are supposed to have the ticket gives me more courage to open it and just go back if it doesn't.
Old 09-08-04, 01:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

DOOH! Not another AVP ticket fiasco.

I ordered mine from Amazon. Guess I'll see later this week if it has it. If not, I am going to call and complain to someone.
Old 09-08-04, 02:58 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
my friend said he went to Best Buy and Circuit City in Lafayette, Indiana today to get this and both stores had signs up saying it did not contain the free movie ticket and they were looking in to solving the problem
Old 09-08-04, 07:41 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Got mine at Best Buy last night. It also had a sticker explicitly mentioning the ticket, which was in the box. My suggestion to those buying at a B&M is to check for the sticker.
Old 09-08-04, 09:40 AM

Thanks for posting the details of the free movie ticket.

It appears from the web site battboyy posted that this particular ticket is not good at AMC Theaters, but if the ticket had been for Spider-Man 2 it would have been good at AMC (the site has 2 separate searches with different results depending on the movies). I'll call AMC and make sure on Thursday night. If I have to drive all the way to the Harkins 10 miles away, I think I'll pass on the Resident Evil Deluxe Edition DVD and just use some of my old $5 Harkins gift certificates (I've had them since 2002 and they are good until 2006). I should use those up because movie prices keep going up (even though Greenspan says there's little inflation). In 2002 I think a matinee was $5.50, now it's $6.50, and if I wait until 2006 a matinee will probably be almost $10.

I re-read all the reviews and the only real differences between this and the previous DVD edition are 1 commentary I'll probably never listen to, a handful of short featurettes, and a 3 minute deleted scene. I really wanted a ticket to AMC where I can drive out of my neighborhood and straight into the parking lot avoiding 20 minutes of traffic each way to the Harkins.
Old 09-08-04, 02:36 PM

Originally posted by JeffreyLebowski
I just got my Resident Evil: Deluxe Edition from Digital Eyes this morning and, alas, no free movie ticket to be found!!! I am extremely bummed as one of the reasons for this purchase was to see the sequel for free!

Booo-urns!
Same for me. Got mine from Best Buy.
Old 09-09-04, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just some notes of what I've found.

It appears there are two versions of the disc floating about.

One clearly states a free ticket is included, the other just lists extras. I didn't open my Wal-Mart copy that had the 'extras' sticker, just in case, so I can't say if those will or will not have a ticket. However, my local BB has the same type and they have a shelf sign under RE that clearly states "free movie cash after mail-in rebate." So, I would advise against buying the just extras stickered discs.

I finally found a "ticket sticker" at my local Target that did in fact have the ticker inside.
Old 09-10-04, 11:15 PM
Suspended

Location: You have moved into a dark place. It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Do you have to mail in for the ticket or does it come with a movie cash certificate right in the keepcase?

From what I've seen, it comes right in the case. So what's this about mail-in rebate?
Old 09-11-04, 09:14 PM

Don't want to spoil the movie, but saw it last night...and...

There's lots of shooting and dead people in it...
Old 09-12-04, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,245 Likes on 856 Posts
Just read the stickers closely and you will be fine . . . picked mine up at Walmart and half had the "Free Ticket" sticker and half had the "Features" sticker. I don't know about Best Buy's mail-in offer though.
Old 09-12-04, 10:26 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Any idea of which version DDD is shipping? I've got mine on the way.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.