DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

20 percent off at kino.com

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-04, 07:18 PM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts
20 percent off at kino.com

I dont know how good this is but kino.com is offering 20 percent off with the coupon filmfan and free shipping for orders over 50 dollars. some good titles though. good till 9/30/04 apparently its off retail not sale prices after I checked this out

Last edited by g; 09-02-04 at 07:33 PM.
Old 09-03-04, 01:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the heads up g. The 20% doesn't really do anything for any of the prices they've got, not to mention etailers generally have Kino stuff @ 30% off, but there are some terrific discs in the clearance section. I got 4 (needed free shipping) at $15 each which was 50% off. Saved more than $6 per disc. Got:
Code:
Qty Format Title                                      $Unit  $Total
  1    DVD Coming Apart                              $14.98  $14.98
  1    DVD Happy Together                            $14.98  $14.98
  1    DVD Son Of The Sheik                          $14.98  $14.98
  1    DVD Strange Impersonation                     $14.98  $14.98
                                               Sub Total     $59.92
                                                Shipping      $0.00
                                                   Total     $59.92
Looks like they don't charge tax.

Last edited by drjay; 09-03-04 at 12:12 PM.
Old 09-03-04, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I put in an order similar to drjay's:

Qty Format Title
1 DVD Behind Locked Doors $14.98 $14.98
1 DVD Coming Apart $14.98 $14.98
1 DVD On Our Merry Way $14.98 $14.98
1 DVD Strange Impersonation $14.98 $14.98
Sub Total $59.92
Shipping $0.00
Total $59.92
Coupon wasn't useful to me either, but there are some great prices in the clearance section right now. Each of the above DVDs sells for more than $20 apiece at each of the online stores listed at DVDpricesearch.com.

Thanks to drjay and the original poster.

Last edited by Walter Neff; 09-03-04 at 11:22 AM.
Old 09-03-04, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is there anything the coupon is valid on? It doesn't seem to work on anything sold under retail price, and I didn't see anything being listed at retail. Makes the coupon worthless. I was hoping it would work on the Harold Lloyd and Stan Laurel Collections which are already 30% off. However some of the 50% clearance DVDs are tempting.
Old 09-03-04, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Crud, seems like their site is down now

-Gunshy
Old 09-03-04, 04:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Gunshy
Crud, seems like their site is down now

-Gunshy
It works for me, as of 2:40 p.m. California time.
Old 09-04-04, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I just went to the site cuz I want the Harold Lloyd collection. It and most everything is 30 percent off so that is better than the 20 percent off coupon. I'm not even a math major and I figured that one out!
Old 09-04-04, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yah I think it must just be a coupon meant to generate traffic to their site.
Old 09-18-04, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Anyone actually get their DVDs yet? Buford? DrJay?
Old 09-18-04, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Not yet, although I think UPS tried to deliver yesterday, but I was in class. I did e-mail them asking for status 5 or 6 days ago and got no response. We shall see I suppose. I assume you haven't gotten yours yet either? (more than 2 weeks and it's coming from New York I think....)
Old 09-18-04, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I ended up ordering the Harold Lloyd collection from DDD about 10 days ago and it arrived Friday, on my birthday.
Old 09-19-04, 12:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Buford T Pusser
I ended up ordering the Harold Lloyd collection from DDD about 10 days ago and it arrived Friday, on my birthday.
I will probably get the Harold Lloyd Collection and about 5 other Kino titles from DDD at some point since they appear to be about the cheapest. But I am hoping and holding out for a possible sale before the end of the year.
Old 09-19-04, 03:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Buford T Pusser
It is a sad day when DDD beats your company's delivery time *cough*get it together Kino*cough*. The collection I'm sure goes well with your beautiful wall mural, Buford.
Old 09-19-04, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Thanks drjay. I hope to watch it with the kids very soon. Gotta get them introduced to more of this stuff.
Old 09-19-04, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by drjay
I assume you haven't gotten yours yet either?
Nope, nothing from Kino. (Something I ordered from Walmart.com the same day came many, many days ago, though.) If it doesn't show up in the next couple days, I'll e-mail or call them. I'm not desperate to receive the DVDs or anything, but they are indeed slower than Deep Discount DVD. I didn't even know that was possible.
Old 09-22-04, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well, I finally got my shipment. Unfortunately, one of the discs was loose off its spindle and scratched up. The guy at Kino told me to send it back, and they would send me a replacement. When I mentioned my cost of shipping it back, he said they had no ability to send a return mailer and I'd have to pay for it myself. He did offer to give me a $1.50 off my next order. (This, to me, sounds like just a way to get me to spend more money at their Web site, not a way to actually solve the problem.)

This experience doesnt give me great feelings about ordering from Kino.com. Even Deep Discount DVD pays for return shipping when they send you damaged merchandise. Not saying I'd never order from them again, but I'd certainly think twice about it...

Last edited by Walter Neff; 09-22-04 at 04:45 PM.
Old 09-22-04, 05:25 PM

Originally posted by Walter Neff
Well, I finally got my shipment. Unfortunately, one of the discs was loose off its spindle and scratched up. The guy at Kino told me to send it back, and they would send me a replacement. When I mentioned my cost of shipping it back, he said they had no ability to send a return mailer and I'd have to pay for it myself. He did offer to give me a $1.50 off my next order. (This, to me, sounds like just a way to get me to spend more money at their Web site, not a way to actually solve the problem.)

This experience doesnt give me great feelings about ordering from Kino.com. Even Deep Discount DVD pays for return shipping when they send you damaged merchandise. Not saying I'd never order from them again, but I'd certainly think twice about it...
If I were you I would call my credit card and dispute the item. I would say they sent me a damaged item and that you wanted to send it back but that they wanted you to pay for it. When I had a problem with DDD sending something scratched they told me to just keep the DVD and they would send me another.
Old 09-22-04, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by jmstone18
If I were you I would call my credit card and dispute the item. I would say they sent me a damaged item and that you wanted to send it back but that they wanted you to pay for it. When I had a problem with DDD sending something scratched they told me to just keep the DVD and they would send me another.
I did consider that, but I wouldn't feel right disputing the whole charge when just one out of the four DVDs I ordered had a problem. So I just ate the $1.75 or so in postage to send back the damaged disc -- and likely won't be ordering from Kino again. It's just not a good way to treat customers.