$5 off coupons on Clerks X, Jersey Girl and The Ladykillers

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

$5 off coupons on Clerks X, Jersey Girl and The Ladykillers

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-04, 02:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got Clerks X and Jersey Girl at Best buy, they rang up $19.99 JG and $24.99 Clerks x, but a $5.00 savings on 1 title came up and drpped clerks to $19.99, plus I got the $5.00 coupon.

So before taxes it was $34.98 for both.

Aint it Great

WORD
Old 09-07-04, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Well it looks like they did actually keep the lower price at Best Buy! I remember buying the DC of Pearl Harbor and the net had it for $5 but they store was more expensive and they wouldnt match their web site.

Anyway, I got Clerks for $15.99! I found a 20% coupon and got the $19.99 price. I thought about getting Jersey Girl, but reviews are so mixed, if I pick it up itll be used way down the line.
Old 09-07-04, 05:12 PM

at best buy, anyone able to use the $5 coupon on clerks x + one of the other titles, and also use the 20% in the madden book? i tried the 20% with jersey girl and ladykillers but was denied. got the $5 off for the combo purchase, but not the additional 20%. . . was told not valid in combination with other offers. figure the same because the madden coupon says not valid with other coupons as well . . .
Old 09-07-04, 06:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

hobbes4444 - YMMV Last week I pulled the 20% off coupon on two new sale and one reduced price (older) DVD's. I approached the clerk and asked to know how it would ring up (or something like that). She rang the three DVD's then the coupon. It came up zero's so I said I guessed she had to punch it in herself, so she did. She took another 20% off everything.

I was lucky. That may not have worked with another clerk and definately not at the CS desk.
Old 09-07-04, 06:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by bdhart
Target has Ladykillers for $15.99 and Jersey Girl for $14.99 after the $5.00 off coupon.
Better than BB by $2, but BB is the better deal if you buy Clerks also since you get Ladykillers for $12.99 and JG for $14.99.
Old 09-07-04, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Best Buy didn't have the physical coupon stickers on the DVDs. This was the same thing as Kill Bill Volume 2.

I saw the coupon stickers on the DVDs at FYE.
Old 09-07-04, 10:41 PM

Wal-mart didn't have the coupons on their's either. I had a friend buy just Ladykiller's at Hy-vee grocery store. She gave me the coupon on it, since she didn't use it. I am going to try and use it at Best Buy with a price match for Wal-mart. It's a manufacture's coupon, so I don't see why they wouldn't, unless it does ring up $5 off for buying both already.
Old 09-11-04, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I made two trips to BB today while out of town. For the first trip i picked up Clerks X, Jersey Girl and Ladykillers. I wasn't able to use the Madden coupon on the JG/LK combo deal, but ended up getting Clerks X for 15.99, Ladykillers for 15.49, and Jersey Girl for 17.49....so i was happy. Oh, and i got Clerks Animated for 7.99 too.

For the second round (after eating till i was sick at LoneStar, which is located next door to BB) i went back over to BB and picked up Will & Grace's Third Season for 27.99 and Ruthless People (which was on the 5.99 shelf) for 4.79.

I had to be persistent with the cashier on both trips to the counter, she kept wanting to just give me 20% off ONE item...i said umm, NO...coupon clearly says THREE, so she had to manually deduct 20% from the other two. You MUST be persistent, and patient...but it'll save you $$$.

I have a few more 20% coupons, i'm saving one for Star Wars!