Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

CC, BB, & Target Ads for 8/29 - 9/4

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-04, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice prices on the football movies like North Dallas Forty and the Longest Yard. Been lookin at them for a long time and nice to see a deal on them.
Old 08-28-04, 04:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally Call Of Duty breaks the #20 price barrier. I've been waiting for this one and now it's time to take the plunge. Thanks again!
Old 08-29-04, 12:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by costanza
silly question. is the jerry maguire in the bb ad the regular or the se?
I always think that whenever I see that title on sale for that price (it's hit it at both Best Buy and Circuit City before), and it's always been the barebones version in the past. They're probably trying to get rid of them.

I'm wondering if anybody has the Circuit City ad, to tell me if that's the new 'Private Ryan'?
Old 08-29-04, 07:15 AM

Originally posted by JoserJerr
Finally Call Of Duty breaks the #20 price barrier. I've been waiting for this one and now it's time to take the plunge. Thanks again!
awesome game...well worth the $19.99 tag. just wish there were more levels...finished the game in 2 days.
Old 08-29-04, 10:40 AM

Originally posted by SLOmade
awesome game...well worth the $19.99 tag. just wish there were more levels...finished the game in 2 days.
I really think the $39.99 I paid was a bargain. This game is awesome, but it is short. The multiplayer helps to keep it going though.

For $19.99, no one can go wrong.
Old 08-29-04, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 427 Likes on 248 Posts
I'm wondering if anybody has the Circuit City ad, to tell me if that's the new 'Private Ryan'?
I'm not familiar with the different editions. The one in the ad says "D-Day 60th anniversary commemorative edition". It also says it has 2-discs.
Old 08-29-04, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
The Saving Private Ryan appears to be the new release. I'm probably going to stop by later today to see, but something tells me it'll be the old release.
Old 08-29-04, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

It's advertised as the new release. So if there any problems, show them the ad. Or go price-match it elsewhere.
Old 08-29-04, 04:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by fumanstan
The Saving Private Ryan appears to be the new release. I'm probably going to stop by later today to see, but something tells me it'll be the old release.
It had an MSRP price drop to $19.98.

Regular price at CC should be $14.99 now.

I would expect to see this soon at Best Buy in a 2 for $20 sale.
Old 08-29-04, 04:56 PM

Anybody know what the best price is going to be on Street Fighter Anniversary Collection, I didn't see it mentioned in any of the ads.
Old 08-29-04, 07:12 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

The $12.99 price was in fact for the new 2-disc Private Ryan.
Old 08-29-04, 10:03 PM
Jim
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Brian's Song in the BB 3 for $20 ad is the original version, not the remake.
Old 08-29-04, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

no videodrome CC??
Old 08-29-04, 10:32 PM

The BestBuy's "Mad Max" title that is on sale turns out to be "Mad Max: Beyond the Thunderdome"!
Old 08-29-04, 11:24 PM

"The Road Warrior" shgould also have been available. It was at my local Best Buy.

The funny thing was that the "Jurassic Park: Lost World" DVD was only available in full screen. The other two in the series were available in wide screen. That was a bit frustrating since I planned on picking up all three in wide screen.

Bob

Originally posted by cine
The BestBuy's "Mad Max" title that is on sale turns out to be "Mad Max: Beyond the Thunderdome"!
Old 08-30-04, 12:19 AM

Yeah, the Lost World is only in FS. I looked at the ad and that is the one they had pictured. Bummer
Old 08-30-04, 06:19 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Yeah, we don't even carry Lost World in widescreen. It kinda pisses me off.

K
Old 08-30-04, 11:10 PM

I went to bestbuy.com

I know that it will take two weeks or more to get and I have to pay shipping and tax, but they have JP2 (WS/DTS & DD) in stock....got the conf email today....
Old 08-30-04, 11:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 867 Likes on 391 Posts
I got Jurassic Park (DTS) BB B&M, as part of the 3 for $20. I'm still looking for JP 2 (DTS & WS) in store. But they are both available online at bestbuy.

They're not listed in the ad. I froze the girl after she told me they only have what is in the ad, I pointed to the DTS version of JP 1, and said, you have that one, and it's not in the ad.

I think I'm just going to order online, but now they don't have free shipping.
Old 08-31-04, 09:07 AM

Re: I went to bestbuy.com

Yes, I saw that they had the WS versions of JP2 online but the shipping cost added an extra $3.75. So I bought JP1, JP3 and The Road Warrior locally. I'll probably pick up the WS version of JP2 from Deep Discouint DVD if they run one of their 20% Off sales again. (DDD sells JP2 WS for, IIRC, $9.35 with no tax and free shipping. )

And I thought that it was a fluke that my closest BB did not stock the WS version of JP2. But their online system showed that it was out of stock at about five other nearby BBs. And you can't order it online and get local pickup if they don't stock it.

Bob

Originally posted by rubenrod
I know that it will take two weeks or more to get and I have to pay shipping and tax, but they have JP2 (WS/DTS & DD) in stock....got the conf email today....
Old 08-31-04, 08:39 PM

I saw they have 3 packs of DVD movies for $20 now...like the 2 packs they've always carried.
Old 09-01-04, 01:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Bob_F1
"The Road Warrior" shgould also have been available. It was at my local Best Buy.

The funny thing was that the "Jurassic Park: Lost World" DVD was only available in full screen. The other two in the series were available in wide screen. That was a bit frustrating since I planned on picking up all three in wide screen.

Bob
And I got burned on that. Grabbed the three JP movies and checked out without even thinking about it. Then got home and remembered to actually look at them, discovered that JP:TLW was in full-screen. I was going to return it for exchange, but after looking all through the store, they didn't appear to have any other copies of it anywhere, let alone the WS version. Sigh...

Well, maybe I can still exchange it for one of the other titles in that sale, and just pick it up in WS somewhere else. The real irony is that I had reminded myself the night before I went to BB to try to make sure the three JP titles they had were all WS, but then it just slipped my mind when I was there.
Old 09-01-04, 09:10 AM

Well I nearly did the same thing. I just happened to see the Full Screen label as I picked it up with the other two in the series. To qoute The Princess Bride, it was "inconceivable" that they wouldn't even stock the WS version. I could understand offering the FS version in *addition* to the WS version but to only stock the FS version seems bizzare.

Still, I'm very happy with picking up JP1, JP3 and The Road Warrior for $20.

Bob

Originally posted by Sex Fiend
And I got burned on that. Grabbed the three JP movies and checked out without even thinking about it. Then got home and remembered to actually look at them, discovered that JP:TLW was in full-screen. I was going to return it for exchange, but after looking all through the store, they didn't appear to have any other copies of it anywhere, let alone the WS version. Sigh...

Well, maybe I can still exchange it for one of the other titles in that sale, and just pick it up in WS somewhere else. The real irony is that I had reminded myself the night before I went to BB to try to make sure the three JP titles they had were all WS, but then it just slipped my mind when I was there.
Old 09-01-04, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 87 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally posted by TheKing
Welp, normally I would pick up a title I wanted at the place that was giving away a bonus. But there is no way I'm paying over $30 more than Amazon with STL for Star Trek at Best Buy just to get the bonus disc.
I was able to price match the Fry's Ad (9/1-9/2) for $79.99 at Best Buy in Mission Viejo, CA. Great deal and I get the bonus disc...PM it ASAP if you guys can!