Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Price match criterions at DDD

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-04, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Price match criterions at DDD

This is more of a tip than a hot deal. You can save yourself a few bucks from tax and get the service of DDD by sending them a link to DVDplaent's criterion prices. They're about $2-3 less than DDD
Old 08-18-04, 05:25 PM

Good in theroy but DDD sometimes takes too long or doesn't all all repsond to PMs
Old 08-18-04, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

they price matched mine within 24 hours of my order
Old 08-18-04, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by nonametofame
they price matched mine within 24 hours of my order
They price matched by TCM within 24 hours as well.
Old 08-18-04, 07:32 PM

I guess it's just me then. They've taken up to 2 weeks sometimes and other times they haven't responded at all. When I just stared using them they got back to me within 24-48hrs, but since about last Summer it's always been a hassle.
Old 08-18-04, 11:18 PM

I've never actually pricematched anything through DDD before, but it seems like these titles would be about the same price after shipping is added to them through DVDPlanet (especially so being that shipping is $8 for the first time through the site if I recall.) If I'm just not seeing the full picture I'd appreciate someone enlightening me on how to do this as there are more than a few I've been meaning to pick up.

Thanks.

Last edited by iamOrokoSaki; 08-18-04 at 11:21 PM.
Old 08-18-04, 11:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I live in CA so DVDPlanet charges me tax. This could really add up when purchasing 2-3 criterions. Also, I prefer the selection and quality of service of DDD over DVDplanet. Whenever I've had a problem, they were quick to resolve them and I hear DVDPlanet's customer service is not on par.
Old 08-19-04, 05:17 AM

you might as well just visit the retail store if you live nearby nonametofame. i dont mind paying an extra $2 if i can have the dvd in my hand.
Old 08-19-04, 11:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I emailed them about a price match a week or so ago. They never bothered to answer! Poor!
Old 08-19-04, 11:19 AM

I'll have to echo Bleddyn's experience. I emailed DDD to pricematch buy.com's lower price on the Fox Film Noir collection. Never heard a thing back from them.

However, my experience PMing with DVDplanet was worse. I called to find out if they did PM and the CS said they did, just email it in. Should've known they didnt know what they were talking about when the email addy they gave me bounced, but I emailed the CS email on their website. They emailed the back that they didnt PM?!? I replied that's not what the phone people said, but they just replied that they didnt PM and I was given wrong info.

Unfortunately, the price I was trying to get at DVDplanet went up in the time it took to have those email conversations.

However, getting them to credit you if they lower the price on your preorder can be done on the phone, but you have to do it within 20 days of the lower price. You also have to pay attention since they do not do it automatically.
Old 08-19-04, 05:01 PM

I was told by a phone rep at DDD that I could pricematch on the spot. Just call it in and have them go to the site.
Old 08-20-04, 07:42 AM

[quote]I was told by a phone rep at DDD that I could pricematch on the spot. Just call it in and have them go to the site.[quote]

They told me to email it to the CS email and it would take up to 2 weeks to get the match. I guess it depends on who you talk to on the phone.