Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Star Trek Voyager Season Two for 26.99 at Blockbuster!

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Star Trek Voyager Season Two for 26.99 at Blockbuster!

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-04, 12:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by toucheturtle7
Well right now the DM attitude is that he doesn't want to do it. I have told him that I have the receipt with the transaction number and the receipt showing that I have paid it in full. His response to the pricing is, "Oh well, it was a mistake pay more or a refund." I have chatted with him and it really doesn't look like this is going nowhere. I guess I could go to the news stations, but it really seems like a lot of work. Any other suggestions?
You could ask him if they will raise the price of Shrek 2 preorder after it arrives.
Old 10-19-04, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by thejester
Yeah, I believe it involves the old rule(law?) - involving scanners in stores - that whichever price is lower(scanned [ie. computer] or [unaltered] stickered), the customer gets that price.

In this case, you asked for the product (just as if it had been there in the store) & were quoted a $. That was the price you agreed to & paid - doesn't that constitute a "contract"?
I am no lawyer, but I would say so. Even if they accepted a deposit on it, they accepted to sell that item for that amount, whatever it was. He should be guaranteed that price and get his set. This case is really the most outrageous thing I've read on here, especially since he has his recepit for it.

And let's consider the flip side--let's say he ordered it for 101.99 and paid for it up front and the day it came out the price was lowered to 26.99, would he get a refund? I've been told when I preorder stuff that the price you pay for it when you order it is what you get it for. If the price goes down after you pay for it, they won't refund you. Now, maybe different stores will have different customer service policies, but I don't believe as a whole the corporate stores do that.

And is this a corporate store where our friend is having all these problems? Just curious, because if it's a franchise, that may affect things a tad.
Old 10-19-04, 05:21 PM

Well, I am in Seattle, WA and it was at the University Village Store 4715 25th Ave NE. Does anyone know if this is a franchise store or is the only way to find out is by calling?
Old 10-20-04, 12:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by toucheturtle7
Well, I am in Seattle, WA and it was at the University Village Store 4715 25th Ave NE. Does anyone know if this is a franchise store or is the only way to find out is by calling?
Not sure. It is on their corporate site:
1.25th/N.E. 45th
4715 25th Avenue N. E.
Seattle, WA 98105
(206) 522-9800
Store Hours:
Mon - Sun: 10:00AM - Midnight

However, as far as I know, they may list franchise stores on there as well.

edit---they do list franchise stores. I looked up one I have frequented in Rochester, MN where I know for a fact they are franchise.
Old 10-21-04, 01:03 AM

I just confirmed that they are a corp store. Is it time to try and see what the district attorney?
Old 10-21-04, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Cannot hurt you to call and find out what they say. Just start off by telling them you paid in full for a product from a local merchant, but when you went to pick it up they changed the price on you and now want more money and you are looking for advice. Wait until you actually are talking to someone who wants to hear the details before you go into them.

Last edited by Jah-Wren Ryel; 10-21-04 at 10:11 AM.