Community
Search
Comic Book Talk The Place to talk about Comics

Marvel's plans for Bruce Banner [Spoilers]

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-16, 11:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,931 Likes on 1,493 Posts
Re: Marvel kills off Bruce Banner, Hulk's alter ego.

Originally Posted by Sonny Corinthos
This story was all over social media today. Facebook, Twitter, just about every news wire was running the story as well. The link I provided was from CNN of all places. With that kind of coverage, how did anyone miss it? Maybe if you would pull your head out of your ass from time to time, you might catch on to today's events as they take place.
If not for this forum I would have completely missed this "news" myself. Same with the Cap one that got its own thread.
Old 07-15-16, 12:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 809 Likes on 683 Posts
Re: Marvel's plans for Bruce Banner [Spoilers]

Originally Posted by The Valeyard
Hulk is dead? I didn't realize Fox owned his movie rights.
Marvel/Disney doesn't own the full rights to a solo Hulk movie, which is why we keep getting Thor solo movies. Those rights are still entangled with Universal.
Old 07-15-16, 03:04 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Hood
I also agree with you that sometimes, things out of the big two are better. Image is doing great books and so is Black Mask. Still don't dismiss Marvel or DC just because of event books. The Vision from Marvel is one the best written books in years.

Like I said I'm still following Marvel through MU for now. So far I am completely unimpressed with what I've seen of Marvel Now 2.0 though. What the X-men books look like will determine whether I keep my MU sub. Chances are I will hate them and drop the sub LOL.

DC I've just never cared about. I think they killed it with their Rebirth creative teams but I still don't care about any of those characters.

My problems with the Big 2 goes far beyond what I perceive to be a lackluster product though.

Crossovers and events constantly derailing good books
Double shipping
Seemingly yearly reboots
Price
Frequent fill-in artists and changing creative teams
No DRM free back ups of their books

Not that Image's way of doing things is perfect either but it's still far less frustrating and infuriating than the way Marvel and DC do things.
Old 07-15-16, 05:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 737 Likes on 364 Posts

No, but Universal does.
Old 07-15-16, 06:26 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

This story was all over social media today. Facebook, Twitter, just about every news wire was running the story as well. The link I provided was from CNN of all places. With that kind of coverage, how did anyone miss it? Maybe if you would pull your head out of your ass from time to time, you might catch on to today's events as they take place.
Not like you describe it you lying sack. It said things like "Major Character Dies" and other innocuous shit. Not outright spoilers in the titles of a major event. You are a self-righteous d-bag without courtesy for others. Perhaps if you spent less time falling off cliffs playing Pokemon Go you may appreciate the rest of the world a little more.
Old 07-15-16, 07:25 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 676 Likes on 452 Posts

No other site spoiled the story, they had warnings in the titles, not spoilers.

I had Civil War set aside to read and you ruined it. But yeah, I'm the bad guy....
Old 07-15-16, 09:55 AM

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts

Mod Note - Guys, let's cool it and move on.

Last edited by Geofferson; 07-15-16 at 10:39 AM.
Old 07-15-16, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,015 Likes on 839 Posts

I hadn't heard the news other than here, but I rarely read new comics other than Image so I wasn't spoiled. But it would make sense to follow the spoiler rules that are in the movie, TV, sports, etc. forums here and avoid putting stuff in the thread title.
Old 07-15-16, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,725 Likes on 1,881 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
Marvel/Disney doesn't own the full rights to a solo Hulk movie, which is why we keep getting Thor solo movies. Those rights are still entangled with Universal.
I think Marvel can make a Hulk movie, but Universal gets to distribute it. They probably have the right of first refusal. Which would mean that Marvel signed a really shitty contract with them for that tv show back in the 70s.

Marvel can put Banner and the Hulk in other movies, like Avengers and Thor, but if the movie is titled "Hulk" they have offer it to Uni for distribution.
Old 07-15-16, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
I know. I was kidding.
Old 07-15-16, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 218 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by Trevor
No other site spoiled the story, they had warnings in the titles, not spoilers.

I had Civil War set aside to read and you ruined it. But yeah, I'm the bad guy....
Did you even click the link I provided in the OP? Apparently not because it had no spoiler warnings whatsoever. Like I said before, I thought it was public knowledge because it was all over the news yesterday. I think you will be ok.
Old 07-15-16, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 737 Likes on 364 Posts

I posted the news about Cap being an agent of Hydra and Iron Man being a teenage black girl, and yes, I saw these headlines at mainstream news sites with spoilers right in the headlines, but because this is a forum for comic books, and the books were either not on shelf yet or had just hit the shelves that day (and thus were very likely to be sitting in "to be read" piles for the members of this forum), I chose to keep all the specifics out of the subject line.