Reload this Page >

Tech Jacket (Kirkman - Invincible)

Comic Book Talk The Place to talk about Comics

Old 08-03-21, 08:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 477 Likes on 350 Posts

So, after finishing off Invincible in record time (all three compendiums done in 4 weeks), I remembered this character from one of those issues, and decided to check out another Kirkman creation - Tech Jacket.

Dumb name? Maybe, maybe not - but it's a cool concept. 1970's era Nova meets Iron Man meets Invincible (before Invincible). A cool concept, and a very entertaining comic, very much like Invincible. I bought both of the first two trades (featuring all the issues that Kirkman wrote, plus the first batch after that, written by Joe Keatinge.

I finished the first trade and I loved it. Tons of fun. Starting the second one tonight.

If you like Invincible, this is a really solid title to check out...

The following users liked this post:
John Pannozzi (08-03-21)
Old 08-06-21, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 477 Likes on 350 Posts
Re: Tech Jacket (Kirkman - Invincible)

It's interesting, Kirkman ended the title after issue 6 because he was afraid Image would cancel it in the middle of a storyline (sales were not real strong).

But they had cover art ready to go for issues 7 & 8, and a storyline written. So Kirkman threw those stories in under a serialized format as backups for Invincible issues 71-80. Later on those issues were released as digital comics, then finally printed. More stories were done after that by a new team (that handled the character really well), but it looks like those were digital only.

However, they were compiled in trades. There are currently a total of four Tech Jacket trades. Good stuff for sure.
IBJoel (08-06-21)
Old 08-06-21, 01:59 PM
Administrator

Received 1,066 Likes on 620 Posts
Re: Tech Jacket (Kirkman - Invincible)

If you like the concept, you might also enjoy the manga (Bio Booster) Guyver, which I suspect influenced this title.
majorjoe23 (08-06-21)