Reload this Page >

Marvel Omnibuses you'd like to see

Comic Book Talk The Place to talk about Comics

Old 06-26-07, 06:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ghost Rider I have to admit I was never a huge fan, but then again I was really young when I first learned about the comics and was into Spider Man and his Amazing Friends on TV at the time and started with Spider Man comics. Now that I am older, I'd love to read some of those old issues and an Omnibus collection would be awesome.

Tomb of Dracula Before my time and something I've always wanted to read.

Night Nurse Seriously. It was a running gag in Crazy magazine and the back issues go for such unbelievable amounts of money. Either it's that good or it's just that bad it becomes good again so I want to read them to see what all the fuss is about.

It just looks like it needs to be collected in a nice Omnibus doesn't it? Maybe the four issues it ran would be too little for an Omnibus, but a nice hardcover edition would be awesome.

Savage Sword of Conan Probably the only Conan comics I read as a kid were the magazine issues, but I only had a handful of them, and I think the first issue I got was #92. Some of the best art and stories for Conan were in those issues, and the back issues command high prices. And it would be in black and white, so the Omnibus would be cheaper than regular Omnibuses!

Conan And what the hell...why not the regular Conan comics? I always heard great things about them but never got a chance to read them...how about a nice Ominibus, Marvel?

The John Byrne run of Fantastic Four I know there are paper back editions in print collecting them, but how about in a great Omnibus? I keep waiting...

Not Brand Ecch I've always heard of it, and it sounds like a legendary title with some major players working on it, but why don't they reprint it? Bring on the Omnibus.

Son of Satan for much of the same reason as Tomb of Dracula.
Old 06-26-07, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dr. Strange (Ditko)

Marvel Monsters Comics (Ditko and Kirby et al horror from Atlas)

Last edited by porieux; 06-26-07 at 06:23 PM.
Old 06-26-07, 06:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 83 Likes on 62 Posts
Sorry stupid question: what is an Omnibus? Is it just a collection of comic books in 1 book (hardcover or otherwise)?
Old 06-26-07, 06:39 PM

Tomb of Dracula
Conan

I'd kill for a Tomb of Dracula.
Old 06-26-07, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by porieux
I consider this part one...

http://www.amazon.com/Amazing-Fantas...2901564&sr=8-5
Old 06-26-07, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by alfredog1976
Sorry stupid question: what is an Omnibus? Is it just a collection of comic books in 1 book (hardcover or otherwise)?
Somewhat kinda sorta.
Old 06-26-07, 06:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by LivingINClip
Tomb of Dracula
Conan

I'd kill for a Tomb of Dracula.
Question about Conan...does Marvel have the rights anymore now that Dark Horse is doing the comics?

Well, Dark Horse has been putting out Star Wars omnibuses, so if that's the case, the Dark Horse could put out the Marvel run in an Omnibus...but hardcover (their omnibuses have been paperback)
Old 06-26-07, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by calhoun07

NICE! Thanks, I did not know about that.
Old 06-26-07, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hmmmm. Maybe the whole Annihilation storyline. I have heard a lot of good things about it, and I've always enjoyed the big cosmic sagas.

And it would never happen, but both G.I. Joe and Transformers would be awesome.
Old 06-26-07, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
fyi.... Marvel doesn't hold the rights to Conan
Old 06-26-07, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by musick
fyi.... Marvel doesn't hold the rights to Conan
Then Dark Horse needs to step up. They did a phenomenal job at reprinting the classic Marvel Star Wars so it's time to do Conan. They aren't known for hardcover omnibuses, but Conan would be a great place to start.
Old 06-27-07, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
Then Dark Horse needs to step up. They did a phenomenal job at reprinting the classic Marvel Star Wars so it's time to do Conan. They aren't known for hardcover omnibuses, but Conan would be a great place to start.
Dark Horse has fantastic recolored paperback re-prints of the Marvel Conan.

As far as Marvel Omnibuses:

Micronauts
Hulk (Sal Buscema's run)
Old 06-27-07, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 438 Likes on 307 Posts
I'd like to see less Marvel Omnibuses, because they're so expensive and I would want to get them all as I lack self-control...

Anyways, after the Lee/Kirby FF Omnis are done, I'd like to see the first 30-40 issues of John Byrne's FF in an Omnibus, but since he's still bitter about how they got rid of him, he probably won't participate in it, unless they give him a lot of money.
Old 06-27-07, 10:12 AM

Night Nurse Seriously. It was a running gag in Crazy magazine and the back issues go for such unbelievable amounts of money. Either it's that good or it's just that bad it becomes good again so I want to read them to see what all the fuss is about.

It just looks like it needs to be collected in a nice Omnibus doesn't it? Maybe the four issues it ran would be too little for an Omnibus, but a nice hardcover edition would be awesome.
I was curious about Night Nurse myself, and was able to read all 4 issues. I thought the series was actually pretty enjoyable. It's basically about these three nurses who work the night shift and have various adventures in and around the hospital, except for that last issue which takes place in a spooky mansion.

I wrote the part of the "Night Nurse" Wikipedia entry that covers the 1970s series with more info if you're interested:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_Nurse_%28comics%29
Old 06-27-07, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I agree with G.I. Joe! One I'd wager I'm fairly alone on though would be Nomad.
Old 06-27-07, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by slop101
I'd like to see less Marvel Omnibuses, because they're so expensive and I would want to get them all as I lack self-control...

Anyways, after the Lee/Kirby FF Omnis are done, I'd like to see the first 30-40 issues of John Byrne's FF in an Omnibus, but since he's still bitter about how they got rid of him, he probably won't participate in it, unless they give him a lot of money.
The Omnibuses seem to be a cheaper alternative to the Marvel Masterworks series.

Who cares if John Byrne participates? They could probably cull some extra material from interviews and such that he did at the time. There's an awesome issue length one he did for Comics Journal (though it would be too big for the Omnibus, I suppose) but the point is the guy had given tons of interviews and insider info on the making of the FF issues he worked on when he was working on them. Who cares if he doesn't want to say anything more about it?
Old 06-27-07, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by areacode212
I was curious about Night Nurse myself, and was able to read all 4 issues. I thought the series was actually pretty enjoyable. It's basically about these three nurses who work the night shift and have various adventures in and around the hospital, except for that last issue which takes place in a spooky mansion.

I wrote the part of the "Night Nurse" Wikipedia entry that covers the 1970s series with more info if you're interested:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_Nurse_%28comics%29
Interesting stuff. I learned of a series Stan Lee did prior to Marvel...Lynda Carter Student Nurse! Then she became a night nurse! They could throw the Stan Lee issues of Lynda Carter Student Nurse into the Omnibus as well!
Old 06-28-07, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 987 Likes on 818 Posts
Defenders
Old 06-28-07, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by ytrez
As far as Marvel Omnibuses:

Micronauts
Hulk (Sal Buscema's run)
I'm hoping for a Hulk Omnibus seeing as how there'll be a new Hulk movie next year (or is '09?). I want them to start from the beginning, though. Grey Hulk and all that.

And I hope Marvel's not gonna wait for a fourth Spidey movie before they release the second volume of Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus. The John Romita run, baby!!
Old 06-29-07, 08:24 AM

here is the question.

Marvel Masterworks or Marvel Omnibuses?
I am going to start collecting them (right after I finish my Tim Sale Collection / few Batman HC's). The Omnibuses look great, but my concern is they are simply too big.

Still, I'd kill for a Tomb Of Dracula.
Old 06-29-07, 06:51 PM

Omnibus for me. The size prohibits bedtime reading but it's no big deal. Masterworks are nice and all but they collect....what?...6 issues per Masterwork?
Old 07-06-07, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 438 Likes on 307 Posts
I just remembered that I would LOVE to see Peter David's run on Hulk in Omnibus format. Not only did he have some great artists, but he did some risky new things with his character that was a huge step forward for superhero comics in the late '80s/early '90s.

The only thing though is that since his run was almost 140 issues, they'd need at least 3 omnibus volumes to collect the whole thing. And of course, they'd have to throw in Future Imperfect and The End, since they were by David, also.

Last edited by slop101; 07-06-07 at 02:41 PM.
Old 07-12-07, 02:28 PM
Mod Emeritus

Originally Posted by porieux
Dr. Strange (Ditko)
Any Doc Strange would be nice including
Originally Posted by davidh777
Defenders
In past times I've also enjoyed Luke Cage both on his own and as Powerman with Iron Fist.

Old 07-12-07, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
In past times I've also enjoyed Luke Cage both on his own and as Powerman with Iron Fist.
Same here. I picked up the Essential Luke Cage Vol. 1, and thought the B&W worked very well with his series.
Old 07-14-07, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 987 Likes on 818 Posts
Originally Posted by dadaluholla
Same here. I picked up the Essential Luke Cage Vol. 1, and thought the B&W worked very well with his series.
I wasn't a loyal reader back in the day but I might need to pick this up

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.