Comic Book Talk The Place to talk about Comics

Comic Book Bargains & Hot Deals

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-14, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts
Re: Comic Book Bargains & Hot Deals

Originally Posted by davidh777
It went USPS Media Mail. Not sure what constitutes a "large" order, but a package of three Omniboo probably qualifies in both cost and physical size.
Everything I've ordered from them over $100 shipped fedex. About half of the $60+ orders shipped fedex. Even the Media Mail has always gotten to me in less than a week.
Old 07-14-14, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 280 Likes on 233 Posts

Exharrison...are you paying extra for Fedex? It has probably been close to a year (or more) since they made media mail the default free shipping method for over $50, and let you pay a reduced rate if you want Fedex shipping.

I order from IST once every 2-3 weeks, and large or small, I get well packed boxes via media mail (usually in 5 - 8 days).
Old 07-14-14, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

Might make a difference where it's being shipped too as well? Inhumans and I are both on the west coast.

My current delivery estimate is Friday, so about a week total, which is fine with me. Unfortunately my second order is still waiting because one item has yet to be picked. Also, I got the notification for 2% off my next order, which would have been good to use on the second one, but I must have placed it too quickly after the first. I might just have to place a third order to take advantage of the offer.
Old 07-14-14, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Inhumans99
Exharrison...are you paying extra for Fedex? It has probably been close to a year (or more) since they made media mail the default free shipping method for over $50, and let you pay a reduced rate if you want Fedex shipping.

I order from IST once every 2-3 weeks, and large or small, I get well packed boxes via media mail (usually in 5 - 8 days).
No. I only take what they give me for free. Every time I order just over 50, media mail. Any time I hit 100, fedex. I've read many people with similar experiences at CBR. Worth noting that I am on the East Coast, so shipping zones probably play a factor.
Old 07-16-14, 05:14 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Might make a difference where it's being shipped too as well? Inhumans and I are both on the west coast.

My current delivery estimate is Friday, so about a week total, which is fine with me. Unfortunately my second order is still waiting because one item has yet to be picked. Also, I got the notification for 2% off my next order, which would have been good to use on the second one, but I must have placed it too quickly after the first. I might just have to place a third order to take advantage of the offer.
The extra 2% should have applied right away after you placed an order. It always does for me. But it's only good for ~1 week.
Old 07-19-14, 02:39 PM

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by exharrison
Every time I order just over 50, media mail. Any time I hit 100, fedex. I've read many people with similar experiences at CBR. Worth noting that I am on the East Coast, so shipping zones probably play a factor.
Yeah, this has been my exact experience too, but I am also East Coast.
Old 07-22-14, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

My order did arrive on Thursday, a day earlier than projected. Items were well packaged with no visible damage (Superman Red Son For Tomorrow Absolute in its own box, Muppets Omnibus and Infinity Gauntlet Omnibus shrinkwrapped and safely couched in packing peanuts). My second order finally shipped after about a week's wait and is also projected to take about a week to ship. Unfortunately I didn't get my act together in time to place another order for 2% off.

But all in all, thumbs up on IST. They did start a new Batman sale but it's only 10 titles, a number of which I have already.

Last edited by davidh777; 07-22-14 at 03:38 PM.
Old 07-22-14, 03:26 PM

My order did arrive on Thursday, a day earlier than projected. Items were well packaged with no visible damage (Superman Red Son Absolute in its own box, Muppets Omnibus and Infinity Gauntlet Omnibus shrinkwrapped and safely couched in packing peanuts). My second order finally shipped after about a week's wait and is also projected to take about a week to ship. Unfortunately I didn't get my act together in time to place another order for 2% off.

But all in all, thumbs up on IST. They did start a new Batman sale but it's only 10 titles, a number of which I have already.
You mean Superman For Tomorrow?
Old 07-22-14, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by kodave
You mean Superman For Tomorrow?
Yes, thanks. I thought that might be wrong but was too lazy to look it up. Problem is, I know nothing about this series so the title doesn't really stick with me.

I do find it kind of annoying in that it empties my shopping cart every time I leave their site.

Good news is that my projected Friday order is out for delivery today!
Old 07-29-14, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

New DC sale at Instock Trades including:

Various Showcases for $6-7
Original and post-Cooke Spirit
Ditko Omniboo
THUNDER Agents
Tales of the Batman
Wednesday Comics

Also, Guardians of the Galaxy Complete Collection is 50% off. UPDATE: Dead (only 42%)

Last edited by davidh777; 07-30-14 at 11:20 AM.
Old 07-29-14, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

I'm going to need to order some Spirit Archives. I've been meaning to finish off my collection for years.
Old 07-29-14, 06:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Snagged the Showcase Batman Team-Ups v1. At $6, it's worth it for some of those goofy Bob Haney stories.
Old 07-30-14, 09:58 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts

Not sure if this counts as digital or physical (or even a deal), but I'll put it in both threads.

Dollar Tree (the best of the dollar stores because they don't lie in their name) has a couple of comic compilations in their latest round of DVDs:

Scooby-Doo! Classic Comics vol 1 - 20 books from the 70s on CD-Rom
Classic Looney Tunes Comics vol 1 - 20 books from the 70s on CD-Rom

Their last batch of books also included the Bill Willingham paperback novel, Down the Mystery River, with illustrations by Mark Buckingham.
Old 07-31-14, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by majorjoe23
I'm going to need to order some Spirit Archives. I've been meaning to finish off my collection for years.
I'm thinking of doing the same; but I'm sort of disappointed in those archives. I own a few of them and the print quality didn't seem that much of an upgrade over my Kitchen Sink floppies.
Old 08-01-14, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

I just went with Spirit Archives 18-19 and 24 for the moment. If the sale keeps going for a while I'm sure I'll order more.
Old 08-08-14, 02:28 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

I got a handful of items from the DC sale: Some random Showcases, Tales of the Batman by Sale and Newton, Wednesday Comics, a couple Legion OSH volumes I was missing, and the new Guardians of the Galaxy trade. That was right before I left town, so I'm sort of grateful for the lengthy ordering and shipping process.

This is going to be bad if I make it a regular habit.

They've posted a moving sale for a number of the lesser publishers:

http://www.instocktrades.com/moving.aspx

InStockTrades Moving Sale

InStockTrades is moving to Memphis, TN! To help us with the move, we are having a sale to reduce our inventory for some publishers.

Benefits of the Move

The move places InStockTrades much closer to our distributor which will dramatically reduce reorder times. Although we do maintain more than 16,000 unique titles in stock, we can oversell an item and be temporarily out of stock. In those cases, we place a reorder for the book with our distributor and it arrives within approximately 3-4 business days. After the move, we will be able to receive reorders within 0-1 business days. So if you place an order and an item in the order is temporarily out of stock, we will be able to get more copies very quickly.

Rules for the Sale

(1) The sale applies to new orders only to help us sell-down on stock. No price adjustments are allowed for past orders.
(2) Orders are not cancellable or editable. However, if InStockTrades runs out of stock for an item in your order and needs to place reorder for it but is unable to obtain the item, InStockTrades will contact you about a replacement or refund for that book.
(3) The sale is planned to end on August 18th but InStockTrades may extend or shorten the sale as needed for the moving schedule.

Publishers on Sale

During the sale, InStockTrades will fill orders as quickly as possible from existing stock. The normal 48-hour processing time may not apply during heavy order volume. If we run out of a book, we will place a reorder with our distributor which may delay shipping approximately 3-4 business days. Sales prices are already marked on each item. Certain items may be excluded from the sale.

Extra 3%-8% discount
Dark Horse

Extra 8% discount
Adhouse
Alterna
Archaia Entertainment
BOOM! Studios
Dynamite Entertainment
IDW
Kodansha Comics
Moonstone
Oni Press
PS Artbooks
Top Shelf
Udon Entertainment
Vertical
Viz Media
Yen Press
Zenescope Entertainment

Sales Tax

InStockTrades and sister-site Tales of Wonder will be located in Tennessee. Sister-site DCBS will continue to be located in Indiana. As a result, DCBS, InStockTrades, and Tales of Wonder will collect sales tax in Indiana and Tennessee.
Old 08-08-14, 08:01 PM

Came back from vacation to a huge box on my doorstop from IST. My comic book room bookcases are completely full, I need to revamp that room again to make some room for another bookcase or two.
Old 08-10-14, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

Originally Posted by Trevor
Came back from vacation to a huge box on my doorstop from IST. My comic book room bookcases are completely full, I need to revamp that room again to make some room for another bookcase or two.
If you run out of space, I guess I can do you a favor and take a few of your hardcovers.
Old 08-10-14, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
If you run out of space, I guess I can do you a favor and take a few of your hardcovers.
Good timing. I'm taking a short break from working on that room now. Ugh. I really want all my longboxes (~40) and my ~8 bookcases of graphic novels to fit in that 10 by 10 room, with room for a chair; but it doesn't look possible the more I move stuff around.

I need a Room of Endless Holding.

Edit to add: it's actually 50 long boxes! My name is Trevor and I'm a hoarder.

Last edited by Trevor; 08-11-14 at 02:20 PM.
Old 08-10-14, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Trevor
I need a Room of Endless Holding.
Ask the Time Trapper, I hear he's good with pocket dimensions.
Old 09-01-14, 06:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

http://amzn.com/0785183809

Fulfilled by Amazon, a third-party seller with good feedback is selling the 800-page Marvel Now Omnibus for $14.28. Multiple copies are available.
Old 09-01-14, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
http://amzn.com/0785183809

Fulfilled by Amazon, a third-party seller with good feedback is selling the 800-page Marvel Now Omnibus for $14.28. Multiple copies are available.
Awesome!

Thanks
Old 09-02-14, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,936 Likes on 1,497 Posts

I was tempted (a month or so ago when it was a little more expensive), but it's basically a collection of a bunch of #1s. From a collection standpoint and a reading standpoint, I don't see how it makes sense.
Old 09-02-14, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by fujishig
I was tempted (a month or so ago when it was a little more expensive), but it's basically a collection of a bunch of #1s. From a collection standpoint and a reading standpoint, I don't see how it makes sense.
800 pages at $14, that is how it makes sense. Buy it and give it to some kid as a present.
Old 09-02-14, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I would have gotten it had the copies not been sold by the time I went to the page, though I agree it's not as appealing as the single-title omniboo that I generally get.

I'm just glad that IST has stopped running those big sales. I can tend to resist weekly releases.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.