Comic Book Talk The Place to talk about Comics

Comic Book Bargains & Hot Deals

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-15, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Comic Book Bargains & Hot Deals

Originally Posted by majorjoe23
HOLIDAY30 Gets you 30% off a book on Amazon, up to a $10 discount.
Thanks for posting!
Old 11-29-15, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

HOLIDAY30 Gets you 30% off a book on Amazon, up to a $10 discount.
Nice! I used it for the Batman Neal Adams Omnibus, still priced at $47.46 on pre-order ($100 list), so $41 including tax.

My Amazon shipping for big stuff like this has been fine.
Old 11-30-15, 01:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by davidh777
Nice! I used it for the Batman Neal Adams Omnibus, still priced at $47.46 on pre-order ($100 list), so $41 including tax.

My Amazon shipping for big stuff like this has been fine.
Thanks for the heads up! I just canceled my previous pre-order and got it for a little over $37 since we aren't paying tax in CO yet.
Old 11-30-15, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not sure how much of a bargain it might be (there is a shipping charge to take into account), but Canadian-based publisher Drawn & Quarterly has been having a 40% off (almost) everything sale...ends today though so maybe too late to post this.

Giving some thought to picking up some of Shigeru Mizuki's graphic novels...notably the four-volume SHOWA series, ONWARDS TOWARDS OUR NOBLE DEATHS, and the recently-released HITLER.
Old 11-30-15, 11:25 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by flixtime
Not sure how much of a bargain it might be (there is a shipping charge to take into account), but Canadian-based publisher Drawn & Quarterly has been having a 40% off (almost) everything sale...ends today though so maybe too late to post this.

Giving some thought to picking up some of Shigeru Mizuki's graphic novels...notably the four-volume SHOWA series, ONWARDS TOWARDS OUR NOBLE DEATHS, and the recently-released HITLER.
He just passed away within the last day. Looks like the first volume of SHOWA is OOS on D&Q.

Shipping for the other 3 volumes plus Hitler to America was quoted at $9.97 Media Mail for me.

But if you've got the extra 2% off discount on InStockTrades, the price per book is only $0.75 more for those four if you buy from them. So you're only saving $3 through D&Q.

D&Q quoted me $10.47 for 5 books (pretending like that first volume is in stock). That makes the five books $1.16/each more expensive on IST. So you'd theoretically be saving less than $6 by ordering direct from D&Q, though I imagine ordering directly from them is more beneficial for them to stay in operation.

tl;dr Okay sale for those particular books but you can get nearly the same price for just a few bucks more if you're a regular IST shopper
Old 12-01-15, 07:58 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
kodave, appreciate the highly informed post, both for current and future reference.

Hadn't realized Shigeru Mizuki passed away (I'd sign up for 93-years, and thanks to his work he will remain in memory for generations to come...doubt the Indian cinema thread here in the forum will do anywhere near as much for me...haha).

For what it is worth, the 40% discount seems still to be in effect at Drawn & Quarterly.
Old 12-10-15, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

There's another 25% off a book code for Amazon, good through the 13th.

25OFFBOOK
Old 12-10-15, 11:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 450 Likes on 308 Posts

There's another 25% off a book code for Amazon, good through the 13th.

25OFFBOOK
Worked for a trade paperback. Thanks!
Old 12-14-15, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

25offbook, the 25% off code for Amazon, is extended until the 16th.
Old 12-31-15, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

In Stock Trades has some good stuff in their end of the year sale, including the two-book box set of Carl Barks ducks Christmas hardcovers for $25, the Priest Quantum & Woody omni for $40 and Sandman Overture for $10.

http://www.instocktrades.com/special...+Year+End+Sale
Old 12-31-15, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,932 Likes on 1,494 Posts

How are the large Valiant hardcovers, are they put together well?

Also Secret Wars HC collection for $200 is technically a steal (and Amazon had it at that price a few months ago), but a lot of it is SWII and, well, I passed on the omnibus, not sure I need a bunch of smaller HCs of it...
Old 01-01-16, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Fantagraphics is having a half off sale on $100 gift cards.

You can buy as many as you want and they don't expire, but you can only use one per order.
Old 01-16-16, 02:38 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Some pretty good discounts on books, including a lot of DC Archives and Showcase volumes as well as a few DC Omnibuses: http://www.hamiltonbook.com/books?cat_id=GN
Old 01-18-16, 12:36 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Cheap Graphic Novels is having a Marvel Omnibus sale. There's only about 30 titles, but there's some good stuff. I got Roger Stern's Spider-Man and Alias for $50 each. Not too bad.
Old 01-18-16, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

Originally Posted by kodave
Some pretty good discounts on books, including a lot of DC Archives and Showcase volumes as well as a few DC Omnibuses: http://www.hamiltonbook.com/books?cat_id=GN
I completely recommend the DC One Million Omnibus for $29.95. That is a great deal.

http://www.hamiltonbook.com/Graphic-...illion-omnibus

Another one I'd recommend is this hardcover featuring Superman stories illustrated by Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez.

http://www.hamiltonbook.com/Graphic-...s-garcia-lopez
Old 01-18-16, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by Imprint
Cheap Graphic Novels is having a Marvel Omnibus sale. There's only about 30 titles, but there's some good stuff. I got Roger Stern's Spider-Man and Alias for $50 each. Not too bad.
Damn, I paid $63 for the Stern Omnibus just recently because I didn't expect to find a better price on it, and was afraid of it going OOP soon.
Old 01-18-16, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

From the Hamilton sale there are half a dozen that are new HC's that I'd love to get. AND I was about to pull the trigger on a Hamilton order for movies.

My only problem is the last time I ordered new HC's from them, that were supposed to be shrinkwrapped when new, all but 1 came with no shrink. I know it's not a big deal to many, but it is to me. I guess I'll contact them.

IF it works out then this'll be a great deal for me. Either way, thanks for the heads-up kodave.
Old 01-18-16, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,073 Likes on 650 Posts

Originally Posted by Strapped4Cash
From the Hamilton sale there are half a dozen that are new HC's that I'd love to get. AND I was about to pull the trigger on a Hamilton order for movies.

My only problem is the last time I ordered new HC's from them, that were supposed to be shrinkwrapped when new, all but 1 came with no shrink. I know it's not a big deal to many, but it is to me. I guess I'll contact them.

IF it works out then this'll be a great deal for me. Either way, thanks for the heads-up kodave.
If it is in new condition, what does it matter if it is shrinkwrapped? You rarely find new books at Barnes & Nobles shrinkwrapped.
Old 01-18-16, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Spiderbite
If it is in new condition, what does it matter if it is shrinkwrapped? You rarely find new books at Barnes & Nobles shrinkwrapped.
It matters to me as I want New rather than Used. I'd prefer to pay $100 for a New item that I really wanted, even if a $1 item in almost brand new very lightly used condition was available.

As for B&N, the vast majority of every book I buy there has been out for a day, or less, on the shelves. The rare times that that's not the case, then I spend a long time searching for evidence of it having been previously read including signs of food, drink, sweat, tears, saliva, blood, urine, feces, etc. Any sign of that means that I won't buy it. B&N is great for people who like to read without buying, and those who don't mind (or can't tell the difference) between a used item and a new one, but that means that other people shop there less, or not at all.

Last edited by Strapped4Cash; 01-18-16 at 04:28 PM.
Old 01-18-16, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by joltman
Damn, I paid $63 for the Stern Omnibus just recently because I didn't expect to find a better price on it, and was afraid of it going OOP soon.
Looks like they are adding more titles. Werewolf by Night definitely wasn't there earlier. If I didn't already have FF1, FF2, Avengers 1, and Iron Man (Michelinie) I'd be picking them up for 60% off. There's some more I'm interested in, but not for today's price.
Old 01-18-16, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Holy hell I might be breaking a resolution here with this sale...
Old 01-18-16, 07:36 PM

CheapGraphicNovels added Amazing Spider-Man 1 (Lee, Ditko) and Miller's Daredevil. Both are only 50% off, but if somebody missed them on release week and is looking for a good price...
Old 01-19-16, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Totally want the Preacher Absolute Edition but it looks like they sold out of pre-orders at cheapgraphicnovels.
Old 01-19-16, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

I picked up a couple of the DC titles at Hamilton and am tempted by the Marvels, but I have most of those issues in other, more readable editions. I guess I'll hold off for now.

I really need to get around to reading my Brubaker/Cap omnibuses. I have #1 and Death so I think that's the correct place to start. I keep seeing later ones on sale but don't want to buy before I read the others.
Old 01-19-16, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

Originally Posted by davidh777
I picked up a couple of the DC titles at Hamilton and am tempted by the Marvels, but I have most of those issues in other, more readable editions. I guess I'll hold off for now.

I really need to get around to reading my Brubaker/Cap omnibuses. I have #1 and Death so I think that's the correct place to start. I keep seeing later ones on sale but don't want to buy before I read the others.
I am in a similar situation. Do I pick up later omnibuses, having not read the first ones yet?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.