Search
Comic Book Talk The Place to talk about Comics

Comic Book Bargains & Hot Deals

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-14, 12:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Comic Book Bargains & Hot Deals

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
InstockTrades has both the Justice League of America Omnibus and Uncanny X-Men Vol. 2 (the Dark Phoenix issues) Omnibus at 50% off this week.
I was going to check out these titles, but then saw these other 2 titles as well - New Avengers Omnibus HC Vol 01 ($72.50)
DC Comics The New 52 Zero Omnibus ($82.50)

As these titles may be of more interest to me, anyone recommend which one is better? Are prices for these two going to get any better? Thanks!
Old 04-21-14, 01:33 PM

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Amazon lost both of my pre-orders with these prices. It's not even in the same ballpark considering that Amazon charges tax in almost every state now.
Yeah, I live in a taxed state, so even though I was using entirely gift card balance, it still wasn't worth a $15-20 loss. It's alright though since I used that gift card balance to order JSA Omnibus 1 which is currently $59.30 (53% off) on Amazon so is a pretty good bargain. It's a shame I forgot to order it when I had a gold box discount a few days earlier.
Old 04-24-14, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

http://www.discountmags.com/promos/c...8&a=slickdeals

Comic Book Sale (various titles) from $9.99/title per year
Batman Family Category
Batman & Robin (1yrs: $13.99)
Catwoman (1yrs: $13.99)
Nightwing (1yrs: $13.99)
Batgirl (1yrs: $13.99)
Batman (1yrs: $15.99)
Justice League Category
Green Arrow (1yrs: $13.99)
Supergirl (1yrs: $13.99)
Superman (1yrs: $13.99) (Pictured)
Wonder Woman (1yrs: $13.99)
Aquaman (1yrs: $13.99)
The Flash (1yrs: $14.99)
Justice League America (1yrs: $15.99)
Green Lantern Category
Green Lantern (1yrs: $13.99)
Green Lantern Corps (1yrs: $13.99)
Scooby Doo Category
Scooby-Doo, Where Are You? (1yrs: $9.99) (Pictured)
Scooby-Doo! (1yrs: $10.99, 2yrs: $21.98)
Other Category
MAD (1yrs: $9.99, 2yrs: $19.98, 3yrs: $29.97)
Teen Titans (1yrs: $13.99) (Pictured)
Looney Tunes (1yrs: $8.99)
Old 04-24-14, 06:58 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts

^ Curse you. As much as I want to go digital only I couldn't resist subs that low.
Old 04-29-14, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

InstockTrades has both the Justice League of America Omnibus and Uncanny X-Men Vol. 2 (the Dark Phoenix issues) Omnibus at 50% off this week.
Good deals. Also found West Coast Avengers Vol 2 omnibus for $33 and the Masterworks Spiderman for $35.
Old 05-08-14, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts

Bleeding Cool just posted this deal thingie.

All the direct links are in the actual article at Bleeding Cool.

How To Get Batman For $1.25 An Issue, And Other $3.99 Print Comics For $1.50 Including Digital Codes

Firstly, you need to sign up to ******. It will take seconds and get you an instant $5 cashback.

Then go to this link on ****** to get 40% off Magazines.com subscriptions. Click on the link it gives you.

Now on Magazine.com, with the 40% discount sitting in your cookies, click here for the list of comics.

Lots of Marvel and DC Comics at 12 issues for $29.99 such as All New X-Men, as opposed to the retail cost of $47.88. And a further 40% off knocks that down to $17.99 or $1.49 an issue – which for Marvel $3.99 includes the digital code. So not only is this a cheaper alternative to print comics – it’s a cheaper alternative to digital comics through ComiXology or the Marvel App as well. $2.99 titles are $24.99 for 12, after the discount that’s $1.25 an issue.

Can you get cheaper? Yes you can. Go back to ****** and this link for MagazineValues. Only a 6% cashback link here but don’t worry. Then click through to comics.

Lower prices than Magazine.com but you don’t get your 40% off. However some titles are even cheaper. Batman is $15.99 for 12 issues, with the 6% cashback that’s $1.25 for a $3.99 title. Green Lantern is $15.55, that brings it down to less than $1.22 an issue.

The comics will arrive later than you’ll get from the store. There is no certainty of the quality of the condition of the comic when it arrives. But for those who want a bargain… this may be the best deal out there.
Old 05-08-14, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

Thanks for posting the deal. I originally read the last part as "There is no certainty of the quality of the comic when it arrives."
Old 05-08-14, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts

Old 05-14-14, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

Instocktrades has the new Justice Society Omnibus for $62.50. I canceled my order with Amazon since their safe shipping practices have gone down the tubes.
Old 05-24-14, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Instocktrades has the new Justice Society Omnibus for $62.50. I canceled my order with Amazon since their safe shipping practices have gone down the tubes.
I'm starting to look at IST as an alternative to Amazon. It doesn't appear that they have pre-orders, just a "wishlist" system? Also, I was checking for a pre-order of Archie The Married Life and they only have volumes 1 and 4 available. Do they not stock all titles (a huge undertaking, I realize)?
Old 05-26-14, 02:22 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by davidh777
I'm starting to look at IST as an alternative to Amazon. It doesn't appear that they have pre-orders, just a "wishlist" system? Also, I was checking for a pre-order of Archie The Married Life and they only have volumes 1 and 4 available. Do they not stock all titles (a huge undertaking, I realize)?
IST has better prices than Amazon for the bigger publishers like Marvel, DC and Image. When you get to smaller publishers like Boom!, Amazon might beat them. But given how Amazon is doing business these days in regard to books, I'd rather give IST my money.

IST doesn't do pre-orders. Their sister site DCBS does, but I'm not sure if they have the same discount system.

IST pretty much stocks everything under the sun, but once they're out of stock and it is out of stock at the distributor level (Diamond, in their case - Amazon is fulfilled by Hatchette who they are feuding with), then the item won't appear in their search results. So they likely had volumes 2 and 3, but those are now OOS at the distributor level. At least that's the normal situation. I suppose if a book sells poorly and they have to put it on clearance, they probably won't buy more stock of it, but that's just me speculating. I have no idea how well Archie sells for them but I assume it isn't a big loser.
Old 06-04-14, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 71 Likes on 51 Posts

I'm pretty much buying everything from IST now. They're having a 65% off sale on DC titles right now. Also, they do have some items in their search list that are not in stock at the distributor level. I believe that the way their system works is if someone orders something not in stock and they find out that Diamond can't get any more, then they take it out of the system. I've had several cancellations on limited books that they still had listed. The very next day, the listing for those books disappeared. Their customer service is very good and they seem to respond in a timely manner so I'm overall happy with them.
Old 06-04-14, 04:19 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Neil M.
They're having a 65% off sale on DC titles right now.
It's only 65% off select items (which I'm guessing they're overstocked on), but there are still some good titles in there.
Old 06-13-14, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Absolute Identity Crisis is $34.99 at InStockTrades:

http://www.instocktrades.com/TP/DC/A...S-HC/MAR110352

People complained this absolute edition added nothing except the larger format but it's probably my favorite DC story of the past two decades.
Old 06-19-14, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts

Thanks for the tip Phantom Stranger. Went ahead and bought Absolute Identity Crisis from IST. I thought IST used to do the get 2% off your next order promo, but I didn't get a code. Have they stopped doing that?
Old 06-20-14, 01:24 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by sinned
Thanks for the tip Phantom Stranger. Went ahead and bought Absolute Identity Crisis from IST. I thought IST used to do the get 2% off your next order promo, but I didn't get a code. Have they stopped doing that?
There will be a banner on the homepage announcing when the extra discount promotion is running. It's in their FAQ.
Old 06-20-14, 11:09 AM

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sinned
I thought IST used to do the get 2% off your next order promo, but I didn't get a code. Have they stopped doing that?
It automatically shows up when you log in after placing an order. It only lasts for 7-8 days from when you place the first order though and then continues for another 7-8 days from the time of each subsequent order. I confess that I usually keep my 2% discount active from week to week with an order lately.
Old 06-21-14, 01:01 PM

[QUOTE=PhantomStranger;12138346]Absolute Identity Crisis is $34.99 at InStockTrades:

Does size factor in purchase of a comic book? That's what's keeping me from buying Identity Crisis. At 288 pages, it seems slim when I can buy another comic book w close to a thousand pages for close to same price and good quality too. That's the cheapskate in me talking
Old 06-21-14, 02:27 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts

[QUOTE=DVDGamer;12146051]
Absolute Identity Crisis is $34.99 at InStockTrades:

Does size factor in purchase of a comic book? That's what's keeping me from buying Identity Crisis. At 288 pages, it seems slim when I can buy another comic book w close to a thousand pages for close to same price and good quality too. That's the cheapskate in me talking
Yeah, size and price/page count definitely comes into play in my mind when making decisions. Along with size left in my house!

With Identity Crisis, I also have to decide if my floppies, trade paperback, and first hardcover are enough, or if I want to get rid of any or all of them for the absolute. First world problems....
Old 07-11-14, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Went ahead and popped my IST cherry! I hope it's a good alternative to Amazon, though shipping time is a bit of a concern. Not that I'm in that much of a hurry most of the time.

I went there specifically to the Muppets Omnibus but saw Infinity Gauntlet Omni on the top sellers list and got it as well. Also blind-bought Absolute Superman For Tomorrow for $26. My real downfall was the DC sale--tons of interesting titles at good prices. I had to show major restraint to keep my order to seven or eight titles.

I didn't even get some of the new TPBs I was figuring I'd get.

They still have Absolute Identity Crisis at $35.
Old 07-11-14, 07:22 PM
Cool New Member

Went ahead and popped my IST cherry! I hope it's a good alternative to Amazon, though shipping time is a bit of a concern. Not that I'm in that much of a hurry most of the time.

I went there specifically to the Muppets Omnibus but saw Infinity Gauntlet Omni on the top sellers list and got it as well. Also blind-bought Absolute Superman For Tomorrow for $26. My real downfall was the DC sale--tons of interesting titles at good prices. I had to show major restraint to keep my order to seven or eight titles.

I didn't even get some of the new TPBs I was figuring I'd get.

They still have Absolute Identity Crisis at $35.
Their shipping time is good. I usually get my orders within a week.
Old 07-11-14, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I broke my instocktrades cherry too and spent almost $80 on my first purchase. I wish that they had more older trades though.
Old 07-13-14, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Shadow Moses
Their shipping time is good. I usually get my orders within a week.
I'm used to Amazon Prime orders so I'm expecting slower service than that, but that's fine. Muppets is for a birthday on Monday, but I can give it late. My fault for not ordering earlier.

After two days, my order has gone from Indiana to Pennsylvania. That's the wrong direction for me.
Old 07-13-14, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts

I'm used to Amazon Prime orders so I'm expecting slower service than that, but that's fine. Muppets is for a birthday on Monday, but I can give it late. My fault for not ordering earlier.

After two days, my order has gone from Indiana to Pennsylvania. That's the wrong direction for me.
Who did it ship with? For larger orders, they generally upgrade to Fedex, but their standard free shipping is USPS, I believe.
Old 07-14-14, 02:38 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by exharrison
Who did it ship with? For larger orders, they generally upgrade to Fedex, but their standard free shipping is USPS, I believe.
It went USPS Media Mail. Not sure what constitutes a "large" order, but a package of three Omniboo probably qualifies in both cost and physical size.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.