Reload this Page >

Free/cheap Kindle/e-book deals

Book Talk A Place To Discuss Books and Audiobooks

Free/cheap Kindle/e-book deals

Old 01-18-15, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 101 Likes on 63 Posts
Re: 2015 free/cheap Kindle/e-book deals

Thanks to both Trevor and Benedict - I grabbed it.
Old 01-20-15, 02:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice share, keep them coming!
Old 02-04-15, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Death and Taxes by David Dodge - FREE

Publication Date: February 3, 2015
The first novel from one of the greatest of mystery writers, the man who would later go on to write TO CATCH A THEIF.

Often compared to Dashiell Hammett, David Dodge's urbane writing style stands the test of time. His novels still show the hallmarks of being fresh, fast-paced and witty.

Whit Whitney is the last person you’d want to meet. The taxman is no one’s best friend. But in 1940’s San Francisco, there’s a price to pay for murder, romance, and heavy drinking, and the taxman turned detective is coming to collect.

Hilarious and twisty, Dodge’s first novel is among his best, and makes for a terrific introduction to one of last century’s greatest talents in mystery.
Old 02-06-15, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

My Secret Garden by Nancy Friday - FREE

What do women really want?

Publication Date: November 18, 2013
First published in 1973, My Secret Garden ignited a firestorm of reactions across the nation—from outrage to enthusiastic support. Collected from detailed personal interviews with hundreds of women from diverse backgrounds, this book presents a bracingly honest account of women’s inner sexual fantasy lives. In its time, this book shattered taboos and opened up a conversation about the landscape of feminine desire in a way that was unprecedented.
Old 02-07-15, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 259 Likes on 152 Posts

"A Density of Souls" by Christopher Rice (son of Anne Rice) is $1.99 today.
Old 02-08-15, 03:37 PM
Mod Emeritus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00P83903M

Current free in the UK

Loose Ends: A California Corwin P. I. Mystery
When a young girl is kidnapped, street-smart but damaged San Francisco ex-cop California "Cal" Corwin is engaged to find and rescue her before murder raises the stakes. As a straightforward case takes unexpected twists, Cal must quell a growing fear that an anguished mother may never see her child again. With a shadowy crime lord lurking behind every unexpected clue, Cal struggles to tie up loose ends before evil claims its next victim.

Loose Ends is book one in a new P. I. mystery series from D. D. VanDyke, a pen name of veteran bestselling technothriller author David VanDyke. Set against the rich backdrop of the San Francisco Bay Area, Cal Corwin novels brim with intrigue and fully fleshed characters from cops and criminals to hit men, oddball family and unexpected allies.
There's another story by the same author in the following free anthology of eight tales:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Killer-Thril...dp/B00H8OZW1I/
http://www.amazon.com/Killer-Thrille...dp/B00H8OZW1I/
http://www.amazon.ca/Killer-Thriller...dp/B00H8OZW1I/
http://www.amazon.com.au/Killer-Thri...dp/B00H8OZW1I/
Old 02-11-15, 04:11 PM
Mod Emeritus

And there's more:
Extraordinary Retribution
"Stebbins nails it with this book. Just when you think you have the recipe down for international thrillers, an author upends it and creates multifaceted characters and a plot that never stops. Intrigue, murder, ethics, religion, romance, an international setting...the author has packed everything" -ForeWord Reviews

"A fast-paced international thriller...the twists and turns of plot continue right up to the last emotionally-charged paragraph" -Midwest Book Review

"An addictive page turner and heart pounding thrill ride... an absolute must-read. You won´t be able to put it down. -Internet Review of Books
Author Website: http://www.erecstebbins.com/
Goodreads Author Page: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show....Erec_Stebbins
Lane's End (A Fitzjohn Mystery Book 4)
Sydney’s Observatory on a balmy summer evening is the perfect venue for a cocktail party and, it would seem, a murder, for Peter Van Goren’s body is discovered bludgeoned to death in the grounds. The first question Detective Chief Inspector Fitzjohn must answer is why Van Goren was present given his name does not appear on the guest list. The second is what was the subject of Van Goren’s vehement argument with Richard Carmichael, one of the function’s hosts.

Meanwhile, Richard’s son, Ben Carmichael, a photojournalist, returns to Sydney from an overseas assignment to find his fiancée, Emma Phillips, has gone missing. Although unavoidably dragged into the police investigation, Ben goes in search of her. In so doing, he is drawn to Lane’s End, the abandoned family estate where the very atmosphere awakens disturbing memories.

Through a maze of twisted stories, Fitzjohn follows a winding path to solve his case, but he is not prepared for the spiralling perplexity his quest creates.
http://www.amazon.com.au/Lanes-End-F...dp/B00OKM7SVI/
http://www.amazon.ca/Lanes-End-Fitzj...dp/B00OKM7SVI/
http://www.amazon.com/Lanes-End-Fitz...dp/B00OKM7SVI/
Old 02-12-15, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Numerous books by Ruth Benjamin are currently FREE
All he Hidden Children
The Selby Printout
I Still Hear Her Calling
You Can't Be His Friend

Cry Baby (A Gina Cross novel Book 2) by Fay Cunningham - FREE

Blood of the Lamb: a John Jordan Mystery Book 2 by Michael Lister - FREE

Lane's End (A Fitzjohn Mystery Book 4) by Jill Paterson - FREE
Old 02-13-15, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The Body and the Blood: a John Jordan Mystery Book 4 by Michael Lister - FREE

The Hanover Square Affair (Captain Lacey Regency Mysteries Book 1) by Ashley Gardner - FREE
I don't know... they call it a mystery but this one sounds more like a romance.

A Dead Red Cadillac (The Dead Red Mystery Series, Book 1) by RP Dahlke - FREE

Last edited by Easy; 02-13-15 at 10:09 PM.
Old 02-16-15, 10:20 AM
Mod Emeritus

Courtesy of BookBub

I've added some of the above to my electronic to-be-read pile, thank you!

These two seem to be well-reviewed and are currently free in the UK.

White Gold: (A Dan Taylor thriller)
Rachel Amphlett previously worked in the UK publishing industry, played lead guitar in rock bands, and worked with BBC radio before relocating from England to Australia in 2005. After returning to writing, Rachel enjoyed publication success both in Australia and the United Kingdom with her short stories, before her first thriller White Gold was released in 2011. Rachel's Dan Taylor thrillers White Gold and Under Fire and latest standalone thriller, Before Nightfall are all Amazon bestsellers. Currently, two further independent projects are in draft stage, while a third Dan Taylor thriller is being researched. You can keep in touch with Rachel via Facebook (http://on.fb.me/TN7rpu) and Twitter (@RachelAmphlett), and join her mailing list for competitions and sneak previews of forthcoming writing projects here: http://www.rachelamphlett.com/mailing-list.html
Final Call (A Mary O'Reilly Paranormal Mystery Book 4)
Terri Reid is the author of the Mary O’Reilly Paranormal Mysteries. An indie author, Reid uploaded her first book “Loose Ends – A Mary O’Reilly Paranormal Mystery” in August 2010. By the end of 2012, “Loose Ends” had sold over 125,000 copies and, has consistently ranked as one of the Top Ten books in Amazon’s ranking of Ghost Stories in the Book/Literature & Fiction/Genre Fiction/Horror/Ghosts section and in the same area in the Kindle eBooks section. She has nine other books in the Mary O’Reilly Series and has enjoyed Top Rated and Hot New Release status for many of them in the Women Sleuths and Paranormal Romance category through Amazon US. Her books have been translated into Spanish and Portuguese and are also now also available in print and audio versions. Reid has been quoted in a number of books about the self-publishing industry including “Let’s Get Digital” by David Gaughran and “Interviews with Indie Authors: Top Tips from Successful Self-Published Authors” by Claire and Tim Ridgway. She was also honored to have some of her works included in A. J. Abbiati’s book “The NORTAV Method for Writers – The Secrets to Constructing Prose Like the Pros.” She has also had the distinct privilege of guest blogging for Joe Konrath. Reid is from Northwest Illinois, near the town of Freeport, the home of her fictional characters. Her background is in marketing and public relations. She is married, is the mother of seven children and the grandmother of eleven. Her constant writing companions are Riley, a Bernese Mountain Dog-Golden Retriever mix; Hans, a German Shepard mix; and McDuff, a Siamese cat.
Change co.uk to com or com.au or ca (or whatever) to check whether free at your "local" Amazon
Old 02-16-15, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Lockdown (Ryan Lock Book 1) by Sean Black - FREE
Old 02-17-15, 01:18 AM
Mod Emeritus

Did I miss it?

While "Lockdown" is not free in the UK at the time of reading, "Lock & Load" (a short story) today is.
Old 02-17-15, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Racked (A Lt. Jack Daniels / Nicholas Colt mystery) by Jude Hardin & J. A. Konrath - FREE
Old 02-17-15, 09:16 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 662 Likes on 444 Posts

This glitch probably won't last long. Watchmen free on Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/B00BWNXMEK-ALA.../dp/B00BWNXMEK
Old 02-17-15, 09:16 AM

Also, for the curious, the entire 1910 Enclyclopedia Brittanica is free in 118 segments.
Old 02-20-15, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 101 Likes on 63 Posts

Most of the Kindle Books by Daniel H. Wieczorek will be free from Feb 21 - 25. Enjoy these (mostly) color photo books on a Kindle which supports color or Kindle for PC/iPhone/iPad/etc.
Old 02-21-15, 11:45 AM
Mod Emeritus

Courtesy of BookBub

Both currently free in the UK - and maybe elsewhere - although I think only for a limited time:

Run run as fast as you can (Emma Frost Book 3)
Simone Beaumont is having a rough day. She is exhausted. Her baby is crying non-stop, she is in a fight with her husband and hasn't spoken to him since last night. A big part of her want to just leave everything. To run away from it all. To vanish. She is considering it while putting her screaming baby in her car seat when suddenly she meets a man in the parking lot who without asking her makes her wish come true.

Emma Frost has just come home from a trip to Eastern Europe when the body of Simone Beaumont is being found. It turns out she was part of Sophia's mothers’ group and soon the small group is shaken by yet another disappearance.

RUN, RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN is a spine-chilling Scandinavian mystery. It is the third book in Willow Rose's bestselling Emma Frost series.
Deadly Coast (A Tom Dugan Novel)
DUGAN THOUGHT SOMALI PIRATES WERE BAD NEWS. THEN IT GOT WORSE.

As Tom Dugan and Alex Kairouz, his partner and best friend, struggle to ransom their ship and crew from murderous Somali pirates, things take a turn for the worse. A US Navy contracted tanker with a full load of jet fuel is also hijacked, not by garden variety pirates, but by terrorists with links to Al Qaeda, changing the playing field completely.

With a possible link between piracy and terrorism now in play, the US and British goverments order the halt of all negotiations for captive ships, and enraged pirates ratchet up the mistreatment of the captive crews. When one of their crewman is murdered in front of him on a live video feed, a frustrated Dugan takes matters into his own hands and starts his own rescue operation, only to stumble across something far more sinister -- a rogue salvage operation for a long lost weapon of mass destruction. Isolated at sea on an old tanker previously destined for the ship breakers, Dugan and his hastily assembled little force of Russian mercenaries find themselves the last line of defense between the world and a terrifying bio-weapon.

Weaving historical fact with speculative fiction, Deadly Coast takes the reader from London board rooms into the very real world of modern day pirates -- and their victims.
Old 02-23-15, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Bloody Mary - A Thriller (Jacqueline "Jack" Daniels Mysteries Book 2) by J.A. Konrath - FREE

The Doppelganger Gambit (Brill/Maxwell Book 1) by Lee Killough - FREE
Old 02-24-15, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Henry Wood Perception (Henry Wood Detective series Book 3) by Brian Meeks - FREE

Cruel Justice (Justice series Book 1) by M A Comley - FREE
Old 02-24-15, 01:16 PM

http://www.amazon.com/Henry-Wood-Per...ood+perception

http://www.amazon.com/Cruel-Justice-...=cruel+justice
Old 02-26-15, 01:23 AM
Mod Emeritus

Some of these deals are very short-lived, so - if you don't subscribe to the relevant emails etc - it makes sense to return here often to see what has been posted.

My strategy is always first to look through the low star reviews on Amazon to see what people dislike about a particular book.

If it chimes with my general point of view about say, presentation, plotting, characterisation or whatever, I'll usually not download.

If it seems that they are just bitching and nit-picking and most people seem to like it, chances are I'll side with the four and five star folk and click the link to "buy".

All this being said, I now have a ridiculous number of books in the Amazon Cloud which are mostly outside of my regular genre of choice! Still. I'll have a portable e-reader (tablet) very soon and my next holiday luggage will be that much lighter
Old 02-26-15, 07:16 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if I end up with a million books in my various clouds.
Old 02-26-15, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Several from Stephen Euin Cobb all FREE
A Brief History of Predicting the Future
Skinbrain
Indistinguishable from Magic: Predictions of Revolutionary Future Science
Bones Burnt Black
Plague at Redhook

Almost All the Way Home From the Stars: Seven Science Fiction Stories - FREE

Bernardo's House (SS) by James Patrick Kelly - FREE
Old 02-26-15, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by Easy
Several from Stephen Euin Cobb all FREE
A Brief History of Predicting the Future
Skinbrain
Indistinguishable from Magic: Predictions of Revolutionary Future Science
Bones Burnt Black
Plague at Redhook

Almost All the Way Home From the Stars: Seven Science Fiction Stories - FREE

Bernardo's House (SS) by James Patrick Kelly - FREE
http://www.amazon.com/s/search-alias...phen+euin+cobb

http://www.amazon.com/Almost-All-Way...l+the+way+home

http://www.amazon.com/Bernardos-Hous...ardo%27s+house
Old 02-26-15, 12:05 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Trevor
I wouldn't be surprised if I end up with a million books in my various clouds.
I don't know about 1 million, but in the 3 or so years I've had my kindle I've picked up just over 7500 books, 97% of which have been free by my accounting.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.