Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Book Talk
Reload this Page >

The Dead Man series... worth continuing?

Community
Search
Book Talk A Place To Discuss Books and Audiobooks

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-14, 01:56 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

http://www.orderofbooks.com/characters/dead-man/

The Dead Man is a multi-author series of horror novels created by Lee Goldberg and William Rabkin. Matthew Cahill lived an ordinary life until he died in a skiing accident. His body was found three months later and sent to the morgue… then he woke up. He now fights the dark entities that cannot be seen by mere mortals. The most terrifying of which is the Dark Man, a supernatural being who lives only for evil.

The Dead Man series began in 2011 with the novel Face of Evil. The series is currently ongoing and is published monthly. The books have been written by several authors, including authors like David McAfee, Bill Crider, Joel Goldman, Aric Davis, Lisa Klink and many others. Below is a list of Lee Goldberg and William Rabkin’s Dead Man books in order of when they were originally published (which is the same as their chronological order):

Anyone else reading these? I just finished the 3rd volume (so book #9) and while each is enjoyable enough it doesn't really seem to be building towards anything. It is very episodic (I guess since there are multiple authors maybe that is a given) and there is little continuity between the books. At the end of on book the main character is in one part of the country traveling on foot, the next book he's in a different part on a motorcycle, then the next book he's on the other side of the country w/ a carnival. Some books have more references to The Dark Man foe, some almost seem to ignore it completely. I have the next two volumes (Amazon had the first 5 on sale for $2/ea awhile ago), however, I'm really on the fence about continuing, does it get any better wrt the overall story arc?

TIA
Old 07-31-14, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Dead Man series... worth continuing?

You can CREATE your own Dead Man tales via amazon's kindle worlds and publish it cause it's a featured title believe it or not!
https://kindleworlds.amazon.com/worlds
Old 08-02-14, 08:33 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For some reason that almost makes me less interested in continuing to read it... Has anyone tried any of the kindle words books? I see a lot of them in the Foreworld Saga setting. I guess it's really no worse than any of the other self-published books (or the fan fiction you can find out there otherwise) that are available right?
Old 08-02-14, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah probably. Yaknow the Dead Man series is actually the LEAST published, guess no one gives a shit about it.
Old 12-02-14, 11:41 PM
Cool New Member

Not worth it at all.