Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Book Talk
Reload this Page >

Michael Jackson: Conspiracy (Aphrodite Jones)

Book Talk A Place To Discuss Books and Audiobooks

Old 02-20-13, 06:19 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I first heard of this book about a year ago, and after reading it, was amazed by all the detail and honesty. The author started out as a member of the liberal press, hacking MJ to pieces in the public eye during the 2005 trial. About a year after the verdict, she began to reconsider her conclusions. Allowed access to the evidence and court transcripts, she ultimately lifted most of the quotes in her book from those sources. Michael's former attorney Tom Mesereau was so impressed with her manuscript that he ultimately wrote the forward to the published book. Some sections are difficult to read in terms of content, but overall, I really enjoy it. Aphrodite even had to self-publish the first run, because tons of others (including her own) turned her down for writing a pro-Jackson book.

If anyone's interested, here's the episode of her crime show addressing the trial...

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wORay1g3bAM?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited by moviefan2k4; 02-24-13 at 05:50 AM. Reason: video added
Old 02-26-13, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,409 Likes on 905 Posts
Re: Michael Jackson: Conspiracy (Aphrodite Jones)

I watched that first video for six minutes waiting for something to happen. I gave up when they asked a Michael Jackson fan for her views.

Lots of celebrities get torn down by the media, liberal and conservative. I saw Pat Robertson's news program try to do it with a attack piece on Lady Gaga. Some people survive the attack, like Kobe Bryant. Some don't, like Paul Reubens and Fatty Arbuckle. Viewers don't care about guilt or innocence; they just want to see someone pulled from a pedestal and thrown into manure.
Old 02-26-13, 09:54 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Aphrodite Jones sounds like a character Pam Grier would play.
Old 05-02-13, 04:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Nick Danger
I watched that first video for six minutes waiting for something to happen. I gave up when they asked a Michael Jackson fan for her views.
Would you rather hear only from those who hate him? There's no such thing as moral neutrality; you're either for something or against it.

Lots of celebrities get torn down by the media, liberal and conservative. I saw Pat Robertson's news program try to do it with a attack piece on Lady Gaga. Some people survive the attack, like Kobe Bryant. Some don't, like Paul Reubens and Fatty Arbuckle.
I don't have much respect for Pat Robertson, because he has a tendency for putting cruel words in God's mouth. The media (especially tabloids) thrives on ratings, and many people in it don't think twice about lying to cover their backs.

Viewers don't care about guilt or innocence; they just want to see someone pulled from a pedestal and thrown into manure.
Speaks for yourself; there's still many people in the world with a genuine interest in justice.
Old 05-04-13, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by moviefan2k4
Would you rather hear only from those who hate him? There's no such thing as moral neutrality; you're either for something or against it.

I don't have much respect for Pat Robertson, because he has a tendency for putting cruel words in God's mouth. The media (especially tabloids) thrives on ratings, and many people in it don't think twice about lying to cover their backs.

Speaks for yourself; there's still many people in the world with a genuine interest in justice.
This is completely false. It is known that everybodys a stupid idiot.

Old 05-04-13, 08:25 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by arminius
This is completely false. It is known that everybody's a stupid idiot.
Are you including yourself in that statement?