The Winston Effect

Book Talk A Place To Discuss Books and Audiobooks

The Winston Effect

Old 11-28-06, 08:48 PM
R_3
Cool New Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Winston Effect

I was at the book store today (which I never am) and I saw an ad for a book called "The Winston Effect" which is basically a book about the career of Stan Winston, the special effects wizard.

Now, we're not talking about CGI; the book covers his responsiblity in creating the animatronics for movies such as the dinosaurs of Jurassic Park, and the futuristic robots of A.I. and The Terminator.

Personally, I'm so glad that people are finally getting an inside look in Stan Winston's career in making and being a part of all these incredible films. We hear about actors on TV, magazines, news etc. but its good to see we're getting an entire book about a special effects guy for once.

Well, I just wanted to post this for anyone who is interested in the aspect of filmmaking because I find it interesting and it's going to be on my Christmas list for sure

Here's the official page
http://www.thewinstoneffect.com/

- R_3
Old 11-29-06, 06:56 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
I got this book for my son for x-mas and paged through it before hiding it in the closet. It is very nice for those interested in fx.
Old 11-29-06, 08:55 AM

Received 89 Likes on 75 Posts
I may pick this up. Forward by James Cameron.