Any word on Book 5 in the Harry Potter series? [part two]

Community
Search
Book Talk A Place To Discuss Books and Audiobooks

Any word on Book 5 in the Harry Potter series? [part two]

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-02, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: Austin, Texas XboxLIVE Gamertag: Golucky Timezone: Central (CST)
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
it sure is a pain waiting for this book, I'll just wait until I see the it in the book stores. There probably be a line around the bookstore, and a media crew taping them.
Old 08-19-02, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: New Jersey, where the state motto should be Leave No Tree Standing
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The publisher doesn't even know yet. They were aiming for this past summer, then this coming holiday season, but Ms. Rowling hasn't turned in her draft yet, so next summer may seem more likely. Seems like she may have a bit of writer's block.
Old 08-23-02, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,410 Likes on 1,033 Posts
There was a review of the Chamber of Secrets movie at AICN a few days ago, and the spy posted a spoiler for Book 5 that I hadn't heard anything about.

Spoiler:
that Harry is the offspring of a jackel or something like that

Has anyone else heard anything like that?
Old 09-20-02, 11:31 AM

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts
Little bit of Harry Potter news

Take it as you will....

From www.timesonline.co.uk:

September 20, 2002

J K Rowling and the top secret
By Brian MacArthur

MILLIONS of children and their parents can relax. J. K. Rowling was working yesterday on the final stages of the fifth Harry Potter novel. It may even be ready for Christmas.
In an exclusive interview with The Times, Rowling said not only that she has not been suffering from writer’s block but also that she is expecting a new baby to join her daughter Jessica next spring. Amidst the “indescribable mess” in her Edinburgh office, there is a “little oasis”, she says, where the manuscript is stacked, “nice, neat, pristine and big” — as big, she thinks, as The Goblet of Fire (636 pages).

The words have been flowing, she says, in spite of the action against her in the United States where she was falsely accused of plagiarism, an accusation comprehensively dismissed by a judge in New York on Tuesday night. The novel, entitled Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, is already readable and she is happy with the result. She is now at the tweaking stage. So can her millions of readers expect a Christmas present? “Possibly”. There is a deep, throaty chuckle.

Some would interpret that warm chuckle as a “Yes”, I suggest. “Maybe”, she murmurs, meanwhile emphasising that the decision when to publish rests with Bloomsbury, her publisher. The Goblet of Fire emerged from a long and painful labour, and the editing was rushed to meet her publisher’s deadline. She was determined that she would not allow herself to be rushed on the fifth novel.

Rowling has now plotted the sixth and seventh novels, and after 11 years considers that she is on the home stretch. The seventh Harry Potter, she confirms, will definitely be the last.
Old 09-20-02, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Oh cripes - JK can just drop the "coy" act, right about now.

The new novel will most likely hit bookstores almost precisely at the same time "Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets" hits the megaplex.

Gotta crank that marketing machine on all cylinders, people.
Old 09-20-02, 12:51 PM

from imdb

Author J. K. Rowling may not have finished the eagerly awaited new Harry Potter book, but a new arrival is on the way after all - she's expecting her first child with her new husband. The 37-year-old writer of the popular series of children's books, and now blockbuster movies, has confirmed she DR Neil Murray, who she married last year, are expecting their first child. A spokesperson says, "J. K. Rowling and Dr. Neil Murray are delighted to confirm that they are expecting a baby in the spring." Rowling, first name Joanne, has one child, Jessica, 9, from a previous marriage, and has been under reported pressure to deliver the new installment of the Potter series, the fifth of seven, despite suffering from writer's block.
Old 09-20-02, 03:15 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
D'oh this means I need 2 copies, one for me and one for the mrs..

I got her reading them before the movie came out, and now she loves them. guess I'll get one uk and one us release
Old 09-20-02, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I heard she pushed it back to Christmas 2003.

~Scheherazade
Old 09-21-02, 01:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Scheherazade
I heard she pushed it back to Christmas 2003.

~Scheherazade
Everyone's always hearing something. I guess we'll just keep waiting. From the looks of things, I would definitely expect it by Summer 2003. But if not, there are tons of books out there that I need to read anyway -- more than enough to tide me over.
Old 09-21-02, 01:10 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Didn't I read somewhere that the plagairism lawsuit was just through out by a judge this week, and she claimed that it had been interfering with her ability to finish the next book? At the same time she swore up and down that this was definitely not a case of writer's block, but a case of lawsuit stress.

Sounds like a case of writer's block.
Old 09-21-02, 09:06 AM

I have a feeling, from this thread and others, that this next book is going to be severly overanalyzed because it has taken so long to come out.
Old 09-30-02, 10:36 AM

Location: Austin, Texas XboxLIVE Gamertag: Golucky Timezone: Central (CST)
Still waiting! *on tippy-toes*
Old 12-21-02, 03:25 PM

Any News on the New Harry Potter Book!

I know thier have been many topics on this, but no recent ones, so has anyone heard about anything new? I am going crazy waiting, after seeing The Chamber of Secrets 3 times(Once was taking little sis) I reread the series and i cant wait until the new book, so anyone heard anything?
Old 12-21-02, 07:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I just read that it definitely will not be out before June and there is no guarantee that it will be out then or soon after.

http://publishersweekly.reviewsnews....y=breakingNews
Old 12-21-02, 08:35 PM
Shawn

Originally posted by movielib
I just read that it definitely will not be out before June and there is no guarantee that it will be out then or soon after.

http://publishersweekly.reviewsnews....y=breakingNews

Old 01-15-03, 11:28 AM
Mod Emeritus

First part of this thread