DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Old 03-30-17, 02:54 PM   #26
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Re: Warner Archive Sale - 4 for $44 + Free Shipping

They just wrote me back that the order has NOT shipped yet.
Old 03-30-17, 03:16 PM   #27
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Disappointing - did they if something was backordered or an expected ship date?

Someone on Bluray said they had an order cancelled with no explanation. Definitely a wide mixture of Already got them vs nothing yet
Old 03-30-17, 11:06 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by hariseldon View Post
Disappointing - did they if something was backordered or an expected ship date?

Someone on Bluray said they had an order cancelled with no explanation. Definitely a wide mixture of Already got them vs nothing yet
No explanation of any kind. This was an impulse buy that I really couldn't afford. I'm probably going to call tomorrow & cancel & demand a refund if I don't get an acceptable explanation & a definite ship date.
Old 03-31-17, 08:18 AM   #29

just got off the phone with WB. He said most of the orders from the sale went out on Monday 3/27 or Tues 3/28. The system just doesn't reflect it. He confirmed that mine shipped. He was nice enough that he will follow up with getting me a tracking # and send me via email...
Old 03-31-17, 12:43 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinemaman View Post
just got off the phone with WB. He said most of the orders from the sale went out on Monday 3/27 or Tues 3/28. The system just doesn't reflect it. He confirmed that mine shipped. He was nice enough that he will follow up with getting me a tracking # and send me via email...
I'm not so lucky. My order has not shipped "because they haven't had time to make all the dvdr's yet....." (I ordered a mix of blu & dvdr).

There will not be an email. I should have the order by a week from Saturday.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. No more WAC dvdr's unless I get them from Deep Discount.

His excuse was ongoing problems with their computer system.

On all the MOD dvdr's the site states they will ship within 3 days of ordering.
Old 03-31-17, 02:10 PM   #31
DVD Talk Gold Edition

who coded that stupid site ? keeps timing out every time I click anywhere on the secure page. Everytime I click on Order Status, the page times out and asks me to re-login
Old 03-31-17, 02:56 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by laidbacklarkin View Post
who coded that stupid site ? keeps timing out every time I click anywhere on the secure page. Everytime I click on Order Status, the page times out and asks me to re-login
Seems like I used to have problems depending on the browser -- I can't remember if FF, Chrome, or Opera worked best. FoxConnect behaved the same way for me

I haven't read of other people havig the same issue though?
Old 03-31-17, 03:58 PM   #33
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Quote:
Seems like I used to have problems depending on the browser -- I can't remember if FF, Chrome, or Opera worked best. FoxConnect behaved the same way for me

I haven't read of other people havig the same issue though?
Am using Chrome. However, upon switching to Incognito mode, it didn't occur. Still occurring in regular mode
Old 04-02-17, 09:01 PM   #34

Hopefully this will wake them up (I sent this through their web site):

"Order XXXXXXXX If this is not here by Friday, 4/7/17 I demand a full refund, or I will dispute the charges with Pay Pal. Your website stated, "ships within 3 days". I placed the order on 3/25/17."

I'd also like to know since they say they are using USPS why they won't ship to a PO box. I was thinking they must use UPS/Fed Ex to have that policy, but noticed my order is scheduled to ship someday by USPS.
Old 04-03-17, 03:55 PM   #35
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received my order of 15 titles today by UPS Ground. Order was placed 3/23. Order status still shows 'In Processing', received no email notification of shipment
Old 04-03-17, 09:15 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by laidbacklarkin View Post
Received my order of 15 titles today by UPS Ground. Order was placed 3/23. Order status still shows 'In Processing', received no email notification of shipment
Mine arrived today also. The problem I've got is with the IDIOT phone cs rep who told me on Friday that it hadn't shipped yet.

I don't know if the rep was a jerk, or if Warner's system is really so bad that their own reps can't check order status.
Old 04-03-17, 10:50 PM   #37

I strongly suspect it's the system and they probably can see pretty much the same thing you do in the account.

I find when the charge posts is still pretty accurate in determining actual shipment.
Old 04-04-17, 02:59 AM   #38

Quote:
I strongly suspect it's the system and they probably can see pretty much the same thing you do in the account.

I find when the charge posts is still pretty accurate in determining actual shipment.
I did Pay Pal, so it posted immediately. I could look up the tracking # from the package & see when it shipped.

Just very frustrating CS. If either rep I dealt with had given me an accurate answer, I wouldn't have been upset.
Old 04-05-17, 12:58 PM   #39

movies came.. wbshop status still shows "in process." no shipping email.nada. but I got the movies..

surprising that a company like WB can't manage their own inventory better.
Old 04-05-17, 01:08 PM   #40

Quote:
movies came.. wbshop status still shows "in process." no shipping email.nada. but I got the movies..

surprising that a company like WB can't manage their own inventory better.
Assuming you mean Warner -- they don't actually own any of those shops. I think the inventory is fine, it's just all their web-based interface that is screwed up.

Of course when Warner did directly own/control them a few years ago, it was much worse. Price errors, glitches, quadruple stacking coupons, etc were notorious. I suspect it's such a tiny fraction of 1% of their business it was just an afterthought. It's not like NBC/Universal when they existed or FoxConnect is a lot better.
Old 04-05-17, 08:07 PM   #41

In case anyone other than me cares:

For the MOD dvd-r's, WAC has switched from an unknown brand of media to Falcon/FTI. Falcon USED to make a fairly high quality product. That is no longer the case. I've also found that the Falcon dye doesn't age as well as Taiyo Yuden does (at least the pre CMC TY's; I don't trust CMC, the current owners of the TY brand & dye; as they have a history of manufacturing total garbage quality).

The point of all this is BACK UP YOUR MOD's; or you're basically renting the film for a couple years.
Old 04-06-17, 07:12 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo View Post
In case anyone other than me cares:

For the MOD dvd-r's, WAC has switched from an unknown brand of media to Falcon/FTI. Falcon USED to make a fairly high quality product. That is no longer the case. I've also found that the Falcon dye doesn't age as well as Taiyo Yuden does (at least the pre CMC TY's; I don't trust CMC, the current owners of the TY brand & dye; as they have a history of manufacturing total garbage quality).

The point of all this is BACK UP YOUR MOD's; or you're basically renting the film for a couple years.
is that true of MOD BD-r's as well?
Old 04-06-17, 09:03 AM   #43

Quote:
Probably in theory, but I think I lot less is known about disc quality with BDR than DVDR. Luckily so far there aren't that many commercially available BDR -- a few from specialty studios like Film Detective and the new Sony Choice line which is at best a work in progress, of course the massive number of Ebay and Spanish bootlegs. I'm really interested in how the Sony Choice line will end up selling -- $28 for a bare bones BDR just doesn't seem like it's going to fly and so far no indication of sales like Warners

Luckily Warner so far has pressed all of their MOD Blurays.
Old 04-10-17, 04:57 PM   #44

I just checked on the status of my order and looks to have been cancelled...but no reason given. I did receive a status e-mail shortly after ordering, but there was no message content (at the time I just filed it away thinking it was the shipment notice). Anyone else have something like this happen? --Peter
Old 04-10-17, 10:29 PM   #45

Quote:
Less is known about BD-R's, I think, because it was a hot medium for backups for a considerably short time. I recently did a bit of research on BD-R's and it seems that disks of even moderate quality could be good for < 5 years. On the other hand, BD "M-Disks" are supposed to last for hundreds and perhaps a thousand years. I don't know which disk brand and variation companies like Film Detective and Sony are using, but am getting used to companies trying to sell me the cheapest product at the highest price. I'd definitely backup any movie BD-R's, too. Personally, I don't intend to spend money on them anytime soon.
Old 07-11-17, 06:32 AM   #46

Anyone know how often Warner Archive runs this sale? Is it once a year/twice a year? And when do they usually run it?
Old 07-11-17, 09:12 AM   #47

I think they did in twice in 2016 -- MArch and Late June The Spring 2017 was a bit better since it had FS.

As best as I can tell they changed showrunners from Bolder Road to Araca though I can't remember if that happened prior to the March sale
Old 07-12-17, 03:06 AM   #48

awesome, thanks.
Old 07-12-17, 12:34 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazel Motes View Post
Anyone know how often Warner Archive runs this sale? Is it once a year/twice a year? And when do they usually run it?
It's all your fault.
Old 07-12-17, 01:29 PM   #50
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazel Motes View Post
Talk about timing...someone at WAC heard you and said 'lets do it' in the most rapid turnaround decision known to mankind :-)