Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews


Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -


Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-17-17, 07:23 PM   #1
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 2,111
Kino Studio Classics 'Academy Award' sale

Just got an email for this. A decent selection of titles for $11.98. As always, it might be worth checkering these at CamelX3 to see if they were $10 at Amazon at some point, but barring that it's not a bad price. Ends Feb. 26. Free shipping over $50.

https://www.kinolorber.com/list/view/code/academysale17

Best deal of the bunch is this four-piece bundle with MARTY, ELMER GANTRY, COMING HOME and SEPARATE TABLES for $39.99:

https://www.kinolorber.com/product/view/id/2569
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-17, 02:38 AM   #2
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,246
Re: Kino Studio Classics 'Academy Award' sale

Thank you - got the bundle and 'Boy on a Dolphin'. However, that website is skirting around with trouble. It doesn't show any applicable sales tax until Order is placed - by law it is required that the total cost including all taxes should be displayed prior to confirming/placing an order based on the ship to ZIP Code
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-17, 10:45 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Yucaipa, CA
Posts: 347
Re: Kino Studio Classics 'Academy Award' sale

Nice. Ordered the bundle and Witness for the Prosecution, Ox-bow, and The Stranger. It did show tax on my checkout before the order was placed.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-17, 11:56 AM   #4
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,246
Re: Kino Studio Classics 'Academy Award' sale

anyone's order(s) shipped yet ?
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-17, 12:09 PM   #5
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,004
Re: Kino Studio Classics 'Academy Award' sale

Some folks over at Bluray have either received shipment or at least notices of shipping via Fedex.
Apparently KL doesn't send order confirmation or possibly even shipping notices. I'm not even sure the website order ever updated to "Shipped" or at least not until after the package arrived. The good news is it may have been the best packed box I've gotten in years rivaling or surpassing SAE packing

It's been a 18 months since I ordered from them, but that seems like what I remember. Some have called or contacted KL and gotten either shipping confirmations and maybe tracking numbers. I just put in a large order last night so mine is still too new
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-17, 01:13 PM   #6
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,246
Re: Kino Studio Classics 'Academy Award' sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by hariseldon View Post
Some folks over at Bluray have either received shipment or at least notices of shipping via Fedex.
Apparently KL doesn't send order confirmation or possibly even shipping notices. I'm not even sure the website order ever updated to "Shipped" or at least not until after the package arrived. The good news is it may have been the best packed box I've gotten in years rivaling or surpassing SAE packing

It's been a 18 months since I ordered from them, but that seems like what I remember. Some have called or contacted KL and gotten either shipping confirmations and maybe tracking numbers. I just put in a large order last night so mine is still too new
Thanks for the update. Yes, that's the same boat am in - the order of 2/18 has neither received an order confirmation email nor any shipment notification. I only have a PDF confirmation of the order I saved for myself. Time to call KL. Amazing in this day and age of retailing, that a call needs to be made for any of the above

EDIT: Called KL at 800-562-3330. The order didn't come up with the Order Number I gave them but came up when looked up under my name, go figure. Its been dispatched by Fedex

Last edited by laidbacklarkin; 02-23-17 at 01:46 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-17, 03:23 PM   #7
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,004
Re: Kino Studio Classics 'Academy Award' sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by laidbacklarkin View Post
EDIT: Called KL at 800-562-3330. The order didn't come up with the Order Number I gave them but came up when looked up under my name, go figure. Its been dispatched by Fedex
I can see the order in my account so at least I know it registered plus the temp charge on my CC.

Fedex/UPS/USPS all allow some sort of free sign up to notify you when packages to your address have been registered in their system. I oftne find even with sites that send Shipping emails that UPS/Fedex will notify me before the retailer email shows up. I registered my main shipping address all services and works very well for single addresses, but no so well if you have 2 or 3 different shipping addresses (or variations of the address)
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-17, 04:27 PM   #8
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,246
Re: Kino Studio Classics 'Academy Award' sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by hariseldon View Post
I can see the order in my account so at least I know it registered plus the temp charge on my CC.

Fedex/UPS/USPS all allow some sort of free sign up to notify you when packages to your address have been registered in their system. I oftne find even with sites that send Shipping emails that UPS/Fedex will notify me before the retailer email shows up. I registered my main shipping address all services and works very well for single addresses, but no so well if you have 2 or 3 different shipping addresses (or variations of the address)
Yup, I should sign up for those - used to think that would be lending my email for more spam but then hell, what's one more in addition to the appr 300 that I receive everyday ? :-)
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-17, 05:06 PM   #9
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,004
Re: Kino Studio Classics 'Academy Award' sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by laidbacklarkin View Post
Yup, I should sign up for those - used to think that would be lending my email for more spam but then hell, what's one more in addition to the appr 300 that I receive everyday ? :-)
Good news -- most of the email I used for those services over the last 12-24 months haven't seen much spam compared to the email address I use at the retail stores to begin with. So at least the shippers seem to have been pretty decent about not re-selling the address.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-17, 06:34 PM   #10
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,246
Re: Kino Studio Classics 'Academy Award' sale

received my order today. that four pack academy award winner set is not even a separate box. Its just 4 individual titles shrink wrapped together with a separate SKU
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-17, 06:43 PM   #11
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,004
Re: Kino Studio Classics 'Academy Award' sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by laidbacklarkin View Post
received my order today. that four pack academy award winner set is not even a separate box. Its just 4 individual titles shrink wrapped together with a separate SKU
Interesting, but at that price I have no problem with it. Sicne the films don't seem to share anything in common other than awards I guess it doesn't surprise me that Kino didn't design a special box for it like the Keaton or Selznick boxes. 3 of the 4 have been on my wishlist for a long time and several times I had them loaded in carts at $14-15ea and just couldn't pull the trigger
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-17, 10:15 PM   #12
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,246
Re: Kino Studio Classics 'Academy Award' sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by hariseldon View Post
Interesting, but at that price I have no problem with it. Sicne the films don't seem to share anything in common other than awards I guess it doesn't surprise me that Kino didn't design a special box for it like the Keaton or Selznick boxes. 3 of the 4 have been on my wishlist for a long time and several times I had them loaded in carts at $14-15ea and just couldn't pull the trigger
Completely agree. That's a great price for those 4 titles.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:34 PM.


Copyright 2011 DVDTalk.com All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0