Re: Target B2G1 2/12 - 2/18

Star Wars: The Force Awakens
Rio Grande
Stagecoach

$44.76 w/Groupon GC
Old 02-17-17, 04:58 PM   #52
DVD Talk Special Edition

I find it annoying that some items that are $5 in store are $15 or so online.
Old 02-18-17, 07:50 PM   #53
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Placed one more order. Rambo trilogy, What We Do In The Shadows, and Spike Lee collection (He Got Game & 25th Hour). All for $31.
Old 02-18-17, 07:55 PM   #54
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Reminder that this promotion is supposed to end tonight. Target seems to run their online clock on Pacific Time so maybe you can push it another 6 hrs though I'm not sure if it's worth it to chance if there is something you truly want.
Old 02-18-17, 08:57 PM   #55
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm doing some browsing by genre just to see if I get some unexpected ideas, and I have found some really strange listings. I guess Target sells import versions of some titles. I've seen numerous covers with ratings on the front like you would expect from imports, and I've found titles that haven't been released here. They have a listing for the movie The Dead Zone on Blu-ray, but I don't think that has been released here in the United States. Also, I found the original Rollerball, but I thought that was limited in the U.S. to Twilight Time. Anyway, very surprised at some of the titles on the site!
Old 02-18-17, 09:07 PM   #56
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Also, I forgot to mention that if there is anyone else looking at purchasing some 3D titles, don't rely on the the format option when you are filtering titles. I have found several titles that are a part of this sale (The Mask, The Stewardesses, Goodbye to Language) that I didn't see when filtering for 3D Blu-ray but ran into when looking for other things.
Old 02-18-17, 09:35 PM   #57

Since Target appears to be part of the Alliance/SuperD group now they do have some Imports just like Deep Discount, BN, and Best buy (and others).

That is also probably why Criterions, WAC, Shout, and many of the specialty studios are showing up now.

Rollerball appears to be one of the Aussie imports. Check the details for UPC and Import label. Someone found The Blob the other day which is long sold out at TT/SAE -- it had the TT pic, but said Import and had the Australian UPC. The Dead Zone BD is the Australian release
Old 02-18-17, 09:38 PM   #58
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I didn't think it was the Twilight Time release (I ran into The Blob as well), but it can be an easy way for some people to import some titles that they wouldn't have even thought about.
Old 02-18-17, 09:52 PM   #59

Got it. This is a new thing though. So far I've only found Australian imports, but there may be some others hidden in the depths Over the last 1-2 months it appears Target is now part of the SuperD galaxy so it has been surprising to find odd things they didn't used to have on the site.

It did jog me into checking some imports I've had in my Deep Discount wishlist and appear to be eligible for B2G1
The Aussie Outer Limits DVD set -- also interesting that this item is R1+4 and NTSC so US compatible
This US DVD has been OOP and incredibly expensive for a long time.

Buck Rogers in the 25th Century: Complete Series (Blu-ray) -- Australian Import. Region Free 1080p/24 episodes, but the extras are PAL
Old 02-19-17, 12:48 AM   #60
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Tyner View Post
It's an awesome deal, no doubt. I was a little disappointed that some of what I tried to get was unavailable (like Wait Until Dark or the Scream Factory SE of The Thing), and the deal didn't apply to others (the Vestron release of The Gate, particularly).
FYI, this is now included in the sale. I placed one final order:

Donnie Darko, The Gate, Underworld: Blood Wars (4K + 3D) for $60
Old 02-19-17, 01:15 PM   #61
DVD Talk Special Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattysemo247 View Post
FYI, this is now included in the sale. I placed one final order:

Donnie Darko, The Gate, Underworld: Blood Wars (4K + 3D) for $60
Are you sure the Blood Wars 4K is also 3D? One of my orders was a set of pre-orders for future 3D releases (Assassin's Creed, xXx: Return of Xander Cage) and I was going to get Blood Wars as well, but I could not find a listing for it that specifically stated 3D.
Old 02-19-17, 01:59 PM   #62

As far as I can find (not counting the BBY exclusive SB) there is only one 4K release of Underworld Blood Wars and it does have the 3D disc included. The UPC traces to a 4K+3D and would fit with a few otehr Sony releases
Old 02-19-17, 02:00 PM   #63
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I think he mean this. Target doesn't have it listed as such, but considering its Sony, it's a good bet it'll be released this way.

Old 02-19-17, 02:53 PM   #64
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by hariseldon View Post
Since Target appears to be part of the Alliance/SuperD group now they do have some Imports just like Deep Discount, BN, and Best buy (and others).

That is also probably why Criterions, WAC, Shout, and many of the specialty studios are showing up now.

Rollerball appears to be one of the Aussie imports. Check the details for UPC and Import label. Someone found The Blob the other day which is long sold out at TT/SAE -- it had the TT pic, but said Import and had the Australian UPC. The Dead Zone BD is the Australian release
Target.com drop-ships about 80% of the media items they carry. They handle the items their retail stores will end up carrying, but everything else is drop-shipped from third parties.

Over 5000 Blu-rays ranked by pure video quality.
Old 02-19-17, 03:09 PM   #65
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by flix1 View Post
Are you sure the Blood Wars 4K is also 3D? One of my orders was a set of pre-orders for future 3D releases (Assassin's Creed, xXx: Return of Xander Cage) and I was going to get Blood Wars as well, but I could not find a listing for it that specifically stated 3D.
Yeah, Sony titles only come as 3D+4K now. You can't buy the 3D version separate.
Old 02-19-17, 03:51 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomStranger View Post
Target.com drop-ships about 80% of the media items they carry. They handle the items their retail stores will end up carrying, but everything else is drop-shipped from third parties.
Sure, but the drop shipment are now originating from a different base location (KY address along with packaging changes and invoice/packing slip style) than a few months ago. It also goes along with the expansion of their online variety of items so either they've moved services to SuperD or dramatically changed the % merchandise/workload that SuperD is responsible for.
Old 02-20-17, 07:48 AM   #67

I finally cratered and did an order Saturday night, got the two Young Justice blu-rays and then Crouching Tiger on 4k. Those two Young Justice blu's had been on my wish list for a couple of years and had never seen a sale worth a darn. So, the time was right. Just hope that Target doesn't use one of those stupid cardboard shippers for three titles.
Xbox Gamertag: Kedrix / Follow Me on Twitter: KedrixDotNet
Yes, I have my own webpage - @ Kedrix.net
Old 02-20-17, 11:04 AM   #68

I gutted my wishlist with this sale. Titles that had been on there for years. Looking forward to the delivery today.
Old 02-20-17, 03:34 PM   #69
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kedrix View Post
I finally cratered and did an order Saturday night, got the two Young Justice blu-rays and then Crouching Tiger on 4k. Those two Young Justice blu's had been on my wish list for a couple of years and had never seen a sale worth a darn. So, the time was right. Just hope that Target doesn't use one of those stupid cardboard shippers for three titles.
If you mean the self-adhesive types then you're out of luck. That's what all of my orders so far have arrived in. At least they've been shipped UPS, who seem to be less harsh on those than the USPS.
Old 02-20-17, 06:50 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobO'Link View Post
If you mean the self-adhesive types then you're out of luck. That's what all of my orders so far have arrived in. At least they've been shipped UPS, who seem to be less harsh on those than the USPS.
Always interesting to hear local differences. I strongly prefer USPS for that same reason. I always figured since UPS delivers a lot more packages in larger bins/trucks that was why my smaller packages frequently seemed more beaten up when Brown delivers though DHL seems much worse overall.

So far I've gotten 2 sent by UPS Surepost (handed off to USPS for the last leg) and one UPS Ground. The one that arrived (as well as my last couple of Target packages) have come in those cardboard sandwiches and not a true box.
Old 02-20-17, 07:51 PM   #71
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by hariseldon View Post
Always interesting to hear local differences. I strongly prefer USPS for that same reason. I always figured since UPS delivers a lot more packages in larger bins/trucks that was why my smaller packages frequently seemed more beaten up when Brown delivers though DHL seems much worse overall.

So far I've gotten 2 sent by UPS Surepost (handed off to USPS for the last leg) and one UPS Ground. The one that arrived (as well as my last couple of Target packages) have come in those cardboard sandwiches and not a true box.
USPS here isn't particularly bad either, but I get far more packages delivered by them than any other shipper which somewhat skews the damage rate, but I rarely receive a disc with a damaged case due to shipper induced package damage. I'd rather have UPS or USPS than either DHL or FedEx. I generally prefer USPS as they deliver to my house much earlier than UPS (~10am vs. ~6pm).

I just wish discs (DVD/BR/CD) were required to be shipped in true boxes and none of those sandwich shippers (cardboard or bubble plastic and certainly not those plastic ones with no padding at all).
Old 02-20-17, 09:49 PM   #72

Quote:
I'd rather have UPS or USPS than either DHL or FedEx. I generally prefer USPS as they deliver to my house much earlier than UPS (~10am vs. ~6pm).

I just wish discs (DVD/BR/CD) were required to be shipped in true boxes and none of those sandwich shippers (cardboard or bubble plastic and certainly not those plastic ones with no padding at all).
I work for a Half Price Books (at an actual store) location. When we do our daily fulfillment of in-store/in-chain ships and online sales, we use DHL for our initial pick-ups. It then becomes USPS at a certain point on the route, at or past a hub. (Most of our stuff is classed as media-mail.)

As a customer, I much prefer the safety of boxes, but to save costs we ship most stuff in the white poly bags. We DO ship most CD/DVD purchases in the actual padded media envelope, which I really like, even when I get stuff.
Old 02-21-17, 07:55 AM   #73

Quote:
*sigh*, well, it did ship UPS ground so I guess on Thursday we'll see how it turned out. Darn them, lol.
Xbox Gamertag: Kedrix / Follow Me on Twitter: KedrixDotNet
Yes, I have my own webpage - @ Kedrix.net
Old 02-21-17, 11:42 AM   #74

Here are movies at $4.00 a piece. Most are from the B2G1 but there are others as well.
Did not want to start another thread

http://www.target.com/s?lnk=snav_ta_...u-ray%20movies
Old 02-21-17, 03:36 PM   #75
DVD Talk Legend

UPS Ground just lost one of my packages, so they aren't always that great.

Over 5000 Blu-rays ranked by pure video quality.