It's Another DeepDiscount 15% sale

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

It's Another DeepDiscount 15% sale

Old 06-12-17, 09:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 166 Likes on 132 Posts
Re: It's Another DeepDiscount 15% sale

Originally Posted by Randy Miller III
Would you settle for 10% off orders of $35+?

Summer Sale code is POINTBREAK

http://www.deepdiscount.com/promotio...ons-disclaimer
Are the days of a real, proper sale from DD are permanently over? With their prices running so much higher than just a few years ago, without a decent sale I just can't find a reason to shop with them any more.
Old 06-12-17, 11:51 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
Are the days of a real, proper sale from DD are permanently over? With their prices running so much higher than just a few years ago, without a decent sale I just can't find a reason to shop with them any more.
They've run some incredible sales...In the last year or so we have seen two Olive Buy 1 Get 1 sales...that first sale was insane...the prices were awesome. I also have used their 15% off promos to add a number of catalog titles to my collection at prices less than $5. And as many have observed, you can get better Shout Factory pricing via Deep Discount using the codes than Amazon or Shout Factory's so-called sales. I spend quite a bit with Deep Discount....It's Amazon that is total joke.
Old 06-13-17, 06:43 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 147 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
When they run a 15% off code there's usually some good deals to be found. But it's definitely not like the old days where they would have their coupon and pretty much everything on their site was a good price.
Old 06-13-17, 09:50 AM
Banned

Good grief...Amazon used to have incredible pricing and service. Now you have to pay a ransom to get anything in a timely manner and you can no longer depend on the quality of the merchandise because there are so many sources. The nature of the industry has changed across the board...or hasn't anyone noticed? Among current outlets for media, I would put Deep Discount and Best Buy way ahead of Amazon on quality of product, pricing and service. Just like Walmart, Amazon uses a price-match strategy rather than offering any incentives of their own. I don't buy from them unless I absolutely must ...same goes for Walmart. At least with Deep Discount I do not have to pay tax and shipping is free with $25 minimum purchase. Amazon tried to nearly double that minimum but quietly relented because sales were impacted. You keep feeding the Amazon monster and you won't be able to afford anything as the competition shutters their doors. I would strongly suggest using alternate sources for media to keep the competition healthy. Don't reward Amazon's ethically-challenged practices.
Old 06-13-17, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 784 Likes on 658 Posts

I mostly use Deepdiscount for CDs these days. They are still cheaper than Amazon when coupons come up.

The best media deals are now usually had on eBay when the site runs one of their $15 off $75 coupons. Keep a list of media items on eBay and wait for one of those to show up if you really want to get items cheaper.
Old 06-14-17, 02:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 122 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by joltman
When they run a 15% off code there's usually some good deals to be found. But it's definitely not like the old days where they would have their coupon and pretty much everything on their site was a good price.
Super D's goal was to price cut to the point of driving small-middle sized retailers out of business. They largely succeed a couple years ago. Notice how BB's prices climbed soon after they killed off Circuit City? Same concept.
Old 06-27-17, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 76 Likes on 45 Posts

Coupon code - BAYWATCH
Coupon expires Monday, 6/30/2017 at noon CT

https://www.deepdiscount.com/

Correction: The coupon expires on Friday, 6/30/2017 at noon CT.

Last edited by bacigalup; 06-29-17 at 08:18 AM. Reason: Erroneous day of the week
Old 06-27-17, 12:49 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

..picked up "re-animator" bluray arrow films and "the good the bad and the ugly" bluray new release for $47.74..total...great deal
Old 06-27-17, 01:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been buying from UK dealers lately, but just skimmed DeepDiscount and a few things caught my eye. The discount brings some Flicker Alley titles like Hunchback of Notre Dame and The Most Dangerous Game below $25, which I think is pretty good. Also, the first three Ren and Stimpy sets fall below $8 each.
Old 06-27-17, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

How terrible are they about canceling back ordered items?
Old 06-27-17, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by hariseldon
I'm a bit better than 75% on getting them, but if they don't expect to be able to ship within 3-4 weeks they're almost predictable. I've had them cancel a few days later when a re-stock isn't expected and then stock shows up 1 week or two later so it can be frustrating

Just go into it expecting a cancellation and it's a good surprise when it ship. If it's an excellent deal and you don't want it anytime soon I can't really see a downside to placing an order with a CC since the temp cahrge fall off in a few days. If you're using a Debit or Paypal where the funds are held pretty much until the cancellation then maybe not such a good thing
Thanks, I ordered two copies of Batman Mask of the Phantasm (which doesn't come out till the end of next month), so I'm hoping this "backorder" is not truly the case
Old 06-27-17, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by hariseldon
Maybe I'm confused -- you ordered something backordered along with the pre-orders of Mask of the Phantasm?

If you have a backordered itme and a preorder, then usually DD will ship the backorder as soon as it's in stock rather than waiting.
No, I ordered two copies of Batman, and once the order was completed it said back ordered
Old 06-27-17, 03:03 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Preordered Mask of the Phantasm and then added Queensryche: Mindcrime at the Moore to get free shipping . $25.11 out the door. Only been saying I should get that later Blu-ray for about 6 years, lol.
Old 06-28-17, 11:51 AM

There was a time when I spent $$300-400/yr at DD, back when they had twice a year 50% off sales. I was just trying to think when the last time was that I ordered from DD (just one item), and I believe it was maybe 4 years ago. For a while I would dig through their "sales" and inevitably find nothing I wanted. Wasted quite a few hours that way. Then I unsubscribed. Don't miss it in the least.

I'm glad folks in this thread are still doing OK with DD. But for me, I just don't care to spend any more time hunting futilely for deals. In fairness, the Zon isn't much better these days. The only online source I buy from regularly is Family Video. Too bad about Go Hastings.
Old 06-28-17, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 784 Likes on 658 Posts

Once the management from ImportCDs took over Deepdiscount, they have slowly but surely weeded out most of the better deals one could glean from DD's inefficiencies. There isn't much point scouring the site for hidden deals. If a label or new release isn't on sale, their prices are largely Amazon's level minus the tax.
Old 06-29-17, 07:32 AM

My in-stock item (the Queensryche blu) shipped last night, so just waiting the month for Mask of the Phantasm. Good times.
Old 07-06-17, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by Kedrix
My in-stock item (the Queensryche blu) shipped last night, so just waiting the month for Mask of the Phantasm. Good times.
Received the Queensryche blu last night. And if anybody was curious...it is Region Free. Pretty sure that it was, being Eagle Rock and all..but it was never clearly documented, so it was an educated risk. Now onto the wait for Batman.
Old 07-11-17, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 76 Likes on 45 Posts
$5 off $25+ Flash Sale

$5 off $25+ Flash Sale
Coupon code - FLASH5

This is a one-time use coupon.

Coupon only valid today expires 7/11/2017 at 11:59 PM CT.

http://www.deepdiscount.com/?utm_sou...ode=1703281101

"Everybody wants ta get inta da act!"
Old 08-22-17, 06:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 209 Likes on 185 Posts

After a bit of a hiatus, there's another 15% off coupon. SUMMER15. I believe it runs out Wednesday at Noon.

Note: I learned my lesson from the last sale that was announced on a Monday. I had a "Deal-Breaker" I was after and just waiting for a coupon; I jumped on it immediately rather than wait for a day or two to make my order. The item changed status and went up $2 this morning.

Last edited by DWilson; 08-22-17 at 06:29 AM.
Old 09-03-17, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 866 Likes on 390 Posts

BUY MORE / SAVE MORE SALE (select movies)

http://www.deepdiscount.com/deep-blu...e-sale/b230702

Enter promo code at checkout:
Buy 2 for 10% OFF = BLU10

Buy 3 or more for 15% OFF = BLU15

Ends September 30

Some of the Kino movies end up cheaper here, and only need $25 for free shipping.
Old 09-11-17, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 209 Likes on 185 Posts

Another 15% off sale, ends Wednesday at noon. Coupon Code AUTUMN. This applies to ALL items, not just those marked BLURAY. They currently have a sale on Criterions, which brings a bunch of them to the slightly over/slightly under $20 mark, if you don't want to wait for Criterion's flash sale or you missed something before. DD's less generous on the two-or-more discs sets.

Last edited by DWilson; 09-11-17 at 11:00 PM.
Old 09-11-17, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Given they are also currently doing a Shout! title promotion there is some great deals on Shout!/Scream! BD's.
Old 09-12-17, 08:25 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

..picked up "city of industry" and "take the money and run" blurays..great deal
Old 09-13-17, 07:43 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Almost bit on a few Criterions, but went with these instead. Pretty good deal!

The Man Who Wasn't There
$7.59
Highlander (30th Anniversary) $8.36
Saving Private Ryan [Sapphire Series] $11.87
Old 10-03-17, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 182 Likes on 120 Posts

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.