Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews


Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -


Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-02-16, 07:58 PM   #1
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,266
Disney 3D Bluray 2 for £18 -- Zavvi and Amazon.co.uk

I think this will go through end of the day Sunday November 13 ( 11:59pm British Std Time -- ?? 6 or 7pm ET depending on daylight saving changes in both countries). There are also Disney 2D Bluray Sales on both sites -- 2 for £15 if you want to search.
ALL the 3D items listed below are documented Region Free, the 2D list has region free items and Region B locked items so check them or ask questions first if you aren't sure


ZAVVI DISNEY 3D 2 For £18 SALE
Beauty and the Beast
Big Hero 6
Brave
Finding Nemo
Frozen
Inside Out
Monsters University
Monsters Inc
Tangled
The Good Dinosaur
The Lion King
Wreck It Ralph
Zootropolis

Zavvi -- appears to be flat rate £0.99 shipping makes a pair approx $24.70 shipped or $23.40/pair ($1.30 shipping for the package -- I put 14 in my cart and it was still 0.99 shipping). I couldn't get any of the 10% or New Customers codes to stack, but damn what do you want. Prices assuming you check out with a FOREX Free CC in GBP, if you check in US dollar Zavvi adds the usual 3% so around 25.45 shipped for a pair. If you have a CC with FOREX fee b/w 0.5-3.0% then it's your choice.



AMAZON UK DISNEY 3D 2 for £17.99 SALE
Amazon Uk 2 for £17.99 ($23.39) + shipping. Because in 2 for XX sales they don't remove the VAT and shipping is £3.08 1st item + £0.99/item ($4.00 + $1.29/item) it is almost always a bit more to use Amazon from a cost standpoint though many prefer the safety of dealing with Amazon vs Zavvi is case of problems.
There are several of the items that are already cheaper than £9 ea once VAT is removed so basically you end up getting the lesser of the 2 prices so with certain combinations it still can be less expensive from Amazon. As usual be careful of 3rd Party item defaults since those don't get the discounts. The items listed as alternative cover, I don't know if the cover art is different as well or if it still comes with the unique Slipcover -- I will assume it does, but no promises

Beauty and the Beast
Big Hero 6
Big Hero 6 (Alternative Cover)
Brave
Finding Nemo
Frozen
Frozen (Alternative Cover)
The Good Dinosaur
Inside Out
The Lion King
Monsters University
Monsters Inc
Tangled
Wreck It Ralph
Wreck It Ralph (Alternative Cover)
Zootropolis

These are listed under the Sales banner, but I assume these are sold out.
Beauty and the Beast (Alternative Cover) UNAVAILABLE
The Lion King (Alternative Cover) UNAVAILABLE
Tangled (Alternative Cover) UNAVAILABLE
Zootropolis (Alternative Cover) -- UNAVAILABLE
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-16, 09:27 PM   #2
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
mattysemo247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,791
Re: Disney 3D Bluray 2 for £18 -- Zavvi and Amazon.co.uk

I've never used Amazon UK before. If I want 4 movies do I need to make two separate orders to get the discount to work?
__________________
Xbox Gamertag: Skillz 247 LP • Playstation ID: Skillz247LP • Wii U: Skillz247LP • Wii Code: 3960 3828 1411 7474
My Blu Ray Collection
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-16, 11:24 PM   #3
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,266
Re: Disney 3D Bluray 2 for £18 -- Zavvi and Amazon.co.uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattysemo247 View Post
I've never used Amazon UK before. If I want 4 movies do I need to make two separate orders to get the discount to work?
Not usually. I put 6 titles into the Amazon cart as a trial and priced showed up at 6 for £53.97 + shipping.

Just make sure your total is what you'd expect and most particularly that all your items are placed in your cart from Amazon. It's very easy for a 3rd party item to slip in
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-16, 12:48 AM   #4
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 915
Re: Disney 3D Bluray 2 for £18 -- Zavvi and Amazon.co.uk

I can't take much more of this. The deals have been relentless and I am seriously feeling the drag on my financial resources! Thankfully it will be running for awhile.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-16, 02:21 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Yucaipa, CA
Posts: 351
Re: Disney 3D Bluray 2 for £18 -- Zavvi and Amazon.co.uk

Hm, Amazon UK's deals area already pretty good. I only received about 3 pounds off the total of 4 movies by the end. Each movie ended up being about $14 shipped. Picked up Frozen, Lion King, Tangled, and The Good Dinosaur. Wanted others, but they were all missing the 2nd BR disc of special features, so I decided to pass. The 4 I bought above are all at least as good as their much-more-expensive counterparts.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-16, 02:50 PM   #6
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,266
Re: Disney 3D Bluray 2 for £18 -- Zavvi and Amazon.co.uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by blokhed View Post
Hm, Amazon UK's deals area already pretty good. I only received about 3 pounds off the total of 4 movies by the end. Each movie ended up being about $14 shipped. Picked up Frozen, Lion King, Tangled, and The Good Dinosaur. Wanted others, but they were all missing the 2nd BR disc of special features, so I decided to pass. The 4 I bought above are all at least as good as their much-more-expensive counterparts.
It would have been better except the way AmazonUk mishandles the VAT removal on these 2 for xxx deals. In this case that there are several items already less than or so close to the £9 level after VAT removal that we're paying the exact same price of UK customers -- essentially we're getting less of a discount or basically we're paying VAT too (except that Amazon gets to pocket that amt instead of remitting it like they would if a UK customer bought it).
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-16, 03:16 PM   #7
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 2,840
Re: Disney 3D Bluray 2 for £18 -- Zavvi and Amazon.co.uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by hariseldon View Post
It would have been better except the way AmazonUk mishandles the VAT removal on these 2 for xxx deals. In this case that there are several items already less than or so close to the £9 level after VAT removal that we're paying the exact same price of UK customers -- essentially we're getting less of a discount or basically we're paying VAT too (except that Amazon gets to pocket that amt instead of remitting it like they would if a UK customer bought it).
This is nothing new. Amazon UK has always handled multiple items for one price to be the one price and not the one price less VAT for US purchases. I know I use the removal of VAT to off set the high shipping costs but you don't get that on the 2 for a price. I also think you don't save on the VAT when they place a group of blu rays all for say 10 pounds. Example if a blu ray normally sells for 20 pounds and the price net of VAT is 17 pounds, both UK customers and US customers pay 10 pounds, the UK customers getting a 10 pound discount and the US customer getting a 7 pound discount. The regular price on the US purchase will be net of the VAT but the final price you pay will be the same. This is just how they do it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-16, 03:38 PM   #8
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,266
Re: Disney 3D Bluray 2 for £18 -- Zavvi and Amazon.co.uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Films View Post
This is nothing new. Amazon UK has always handled multiple items for one price to be the one price and not the one price less VAT for US purchases. I know I use the removal of VAT to off set the high shipping costs but you don't get that on the 2 for a price. I also think you don't save on the VAT when they place a group of blu rays all for say 10 pounds. Example if a blu ray normally sells for 20 pounds and the price net of VAT is 17 pounds, both UK customers and US customers pay 10 pounds, the UK customers getting a 10 pound discount and the US customer getting a 7 pound discount. The regular price on the US purchase will be net of the VAT but the final price you pay will be the same. This is just how they do it.
Didn't mean to imply it was anything new b/c it's always been done this way.

Same issue with Lightning deals. You can almost figure out many UK Lightning Deals if you take the (Lowest Historical price list minus VAT). Which is great for UK customers saving their 20%. By that time we've already had those deals at that price or if not before it will often show up a week or two afterwards with the VAT added back so in a way we get to do LD without the time worry.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-16, 01:19 PM   #9
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 2,322
Re: Disney 3D Bluray 2 for £18 -- Zavvi and Amazon.co.uk

Just noticed that FINDING NEMO and MONSTERS INC. are also in the 3/£20 sale, which makes them even cheaper if you get a third title, and there's 49 other 3D titles available to pick from, many region-free.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-16, 01:47 PM   #10
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Navinabob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 8,783
Re: Disney 3D Bluray 2 for £18 -- Zavvi and Amazon.co.uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian T View Post
Just noticed that FINDING NEMO and MONSTERS INC. are also in the 3/£20 sale, which makes them even cheaper if you get a third title, and there's 49 other 3D titles available to pick from, many region-free.
I only see like 20 movies listed
__________________
“Ridicule is the only weapon that can be used against unintelligible propositions. Ideas must be distinct before reason can act upon them.” -- Thomas Jefferson

"The candle flame gutters. Its little pool of light trembles. Darkness gathers. The demons begin to stir." --Carl Sagan
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-16, 02:13 PM   #11
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,471
Re: Disney 3D Bluray 2 for £18 -- Zavvi and Amazon.co.uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian T View Post
Just noticed that FINDING NEMO and MONSTERS INC. are also in the 3/£20 sale, which makes them even cheaper if you get a third title, and there's 49 other 3D titles available to pick from, many region-free.
Monsters Inc 3D is not included in the 3/£20 sale - its only part of the 2/£17.99 sale. Here's the current list of 49 3D titles in the 3/£20 sale:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/search/r...qid=1475781245
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-16, 12:27 AM   #12
Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 127
Re: Disney 3D Bluray 2 for £18 -- Zavvi and Amazon.co.uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by laidbacklarkin View Post
Monsters Inc 3D is not included in the 3/£20 sale - its only part of the 2/£17.99 sale. Here's the current list of 49 3D titles in the 3/£20 sale:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/search/r...qid=1475781245
It's the second movie on that link.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-16, 12:31 AM   #13
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,471
Re: Disney 3D Bluray 2 for £18 -- Zavvi and Amazon.co.uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch079 View Post
It's the second movie on that link.
Interesting, I must have been blind. stand corrected
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-16, 11:56 AM   #14
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
mattysemo247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,791
Re: Disney 3D Bluray 2 for £18 -- Zavvi and Amazon.co.uk

Just a heads up, now they are doing 3 for £30. They have also included Alice Through the Looking Glass and The Jungle Book. Promotion runs through Christmas.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/b/ref=amb_l...d_i=B01EABRM7S
__________________
Xbox Gamertag: Skillz 247 LP • Playstation ID: Skillz247LP • Wii U: Skillz247LP • Wii Code: 3960 3828 1411 7474
My Blu Ray Collection
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-17, 03:20 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 301
Re: Disney 3D Bluray 2 for £18 -- Zavvi and Amazon.co.uk

Zavvi has Disney 3D + 2D again 2 for £18.

https://www.zavvi.com/offers/disney/multibuy/3d.list

I picked up 4 below for 36.99 ( 0.99 flat shipping) they are region free

Jungle Book
Big Hero 6 (x 2)
Inside out
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-17, 04:02 PM   #16
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
mattysemo247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,791
Re: Disney 3D Bluray 2 for £18 -- Zavvi and Amazon.co.uk

Let me know how much you want to sell that extra copy of Big Hero 6
__________________
Xbox Gamertag: Skillz 247 LP • Playstation ID: Skillz247LP • Wii U: Skillz247LP • Wii Code: 3960 3828 1411 7474
My Blu Ray Collection
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-17, 05:08 PM   #17
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,266
Re: Disney 3D Bluray 2 for £18 -- Zavvi and Amazon.co.uk

Sale is at Zavvi and AmazonUK through Mid April. Some of the individual titles available have changed from teh October sale

3D 2 for 17.99/18
2D 2 for 14.99/15

I don;t think they're allowing mixtures of the sales on eitehr site. I know with Zavvi you can only place a 3D or a 2D order and not both in the same basket.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-17, 09:10 PM   #18
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 2,322
Re: Disney 3D Bluray 2 for £18 -- Zavvi and Amazon.co.uk

Probably worth noting that both sales includes the 3D all-region version of Alice Through The Looking Glass, which wasn't released in North America. Jungle Book and Finding Dory, which were, are at least a little cheaper this way.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-17, 11:46 AM   #19
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 301
Re: Disney 3D Bluray 2 for £18 -- Zavvi and Amazon.co.uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattysemo247 View Post
Let me know how much you want to sell that extra copy of Big Hero 6
Very funny

I had to buy in pairs to get the deal. I have all the other ones - Disney BD are always good for holiday gifts.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-17, 01:18 PM   #20
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
mattysemo247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,791
Re: Disney 3D Bluray 2 for £18 -- Zavvi and Amazon.co.uk

Well, my offer still stands. So if you are looking to get rid of a copy, shoot me a PM

Or if anyone else is in the same boat with an extra copy
__________________
Xbox Gamertag: Skillz 247 LP • Playstation ID: Skillz247LP • Wii U: Skillz247LP • Wii Code: 3960 3828 1411 7474
My Blu Ray Collection
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:39 PM.


Copyright 2011 DVDTalk.com All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0