Twilight Time Blu-Ray Deals

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-17, 09:52 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts
Re: Twilight Time Blu-Ray Deals

Originally Posted by JoeySeven

Bonjour Tristesse looks to be sold out.
That took a LONG time to sell out...has been part of the 7 for $70 bundle ever since that bundle offer was started
Old 08-18-17, 12:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Kedrix
I should have received the two titles I ordered last night, they even say delivered. But unfortunately while one of my packages from elsewhere made it, this one is nowhere to be found. Usually (fingers crossed) it just got misdirected right at the end and will be in my box today. But I probably should call the post office in an hour or so and make sure that happens. *sigh*.
Exactly same situation happened to me. I contacted Twilight Time and they said they aren't responsible and won't replace the order if it doesn't show up. My only recourse would be to file a PayPal dispute. Do people think this is fair on their end or am I being unreasonable in actually wanting to receive the items I paid for?
Old 08-18-17, 12:49 AM

Unfortunately, USPS is a big culprit in this and its Media Mail handling leaves a lot to be desired. Here's an example of one of my orders from SAE that was shipped out 7/18, with an estimated delivery of 7/24 and which eventually made its way to me on 8/3 after I almost gave up looking at the disaster that the package progress displayed. I live about 40 miles south of Los Angeles and the big sort facility of the package before it gets to my local post office is Los Angeles. Its usually a day or at most two to get to me from Los Angeles - just take a look at how this package progressed through USPS (shown below in reverse chronology - bottom up is the chronology). The mismanagement at USPS is one for the books.

August 3, 2017, 8:05 am Out for Delivery (my ZIP code)
August 3, 2017, 7:55 am Sorting Complete (my ZIP code)
August 3, 2017, 7:02 am Arrived at Post Office (my ZIP code)
August 2, 2017, 3:50 pm Departed USPS Regional Destination Facility LOS ANGELES CA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER
August 2, 2017, 2:55 pm Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility LOS ANGELES CA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER
July 31, 2017, 4:55 pm Arrived at USPS Regional Facility DENVER CO NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER
July 28, 2017, 4:21 pm Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility LOS ANGELES CA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER
July 26, 2017, 3:56 pm Arrived at USPS Regional Facility DES MOINES IA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER
July 23, 2017, 4:22 pm Departed USPS Regional Destination Facility LOS ANGELES CA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER
July 23, 2017, 4:19 pm Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility LOS ANGELES CA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER
July 20, 2017, 9:09 am In Transit to Destination ON ITS WAY TO (my ZIP code)
July 19, 2017, 9:09 am Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility GREENSBORO NC NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER
July 19, 2017, 7:54 am Accepted at USPS Origin Facility LINDEN, VA 22642
July 18, 2017, 2:19 pm Item Accepted/Picked Up for Initial Processing LINDEN, VA 22642
July 18, 2017, 10:20 am Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item LINDEN, VA 22642
Old 08-18-17, 01:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by hariseldon
Fair -- probably not. I'm still betting the package shows up. Obviously 1st step is to contact the PO and see if they can trace it or see in the Postal Carrier remembers the package possibly being delivered to the wrong box.
I hope it will, but I have my doubts. The postal service in NYC is definitely not the best. I was rather taken aback by their attitude. They even said that they would rather not have me as a customer should I expect them to actually replace the order. I had an issue with a defective disk a few years back and they were great with taking care of it. I guess their customer service has changed for the worse over those years.
Old 08-18-17, 01:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I would consider contacting the Twilight Time rep by PM (or online) on either Bluray.com or HTF. Generally I've found them pretty helpful and if one of their front line CSR is being that belligerent I think I'd want to know. Maybe not, but these reps seem to be closer to the top of the ladder than the bottom.
Thanks for that idea. I'll give that a shot if my order doesn't make its way to me. My order was through Twilight Time directly.
Old 08-18-17, 06:35 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I should have received the two titles I ordered last night, they even say delivered. But unfortunately while one of my packages from elsewhere made it, this one is nowhere to be found. Usually (fingers crossed) it just got misdirected right at the end and will be in my box today. But I probably should call the post office in an hour or so and make sure that happens. *sigh*.
It did come the next day but I had to call the Post office so they search around for it. The post office rarely loses stuff honestly. But they misdeliver all the time. So you have to be diligent in my experience and stay on them. If that don't work and you don't get the package, then PayPal dispute is your only recourse as TT had proven they won't replace shit.
Old 08-18-17, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It did come the next day but I had to call the Post office so they search around for it. The post office rarely loses stuff honestly. But they misdeliver all the time. So you have to be diligent in my experience and stay on them. If that don't work and you don't get the package, then PayPal dispute is your only recourse as TT had proven they won't replace shit.
I had used the resolution center through Paypal just to document the initial loss and that I had contacted them. I didn't open up a dispute. TT did, lied to Paypal saying the items were insured, and Paypal had the dispute closed. What a terrible company. hariseldon do you have the blu-ray.com handle for their representative? I couldn't see them having one.
Old 08-18-17, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think their newest name is TwilightTimeMovies may be teh website rep and
Twilight Time is an older name who seems to be more on the Production end and has been on the site for about 5 years. I'm not sure if those end up going to the same person
I tried them both. Thanks much for your assistance. Paypal sided against me (they started the dispute), so now I have the pleasure of trying to deal with my credit card company. Truly a terrible customer service experience. Regardless of if I end up getting the order or not, my days of ordering directly from them are done.
Old 08-18-17, 02:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My order arrived yesterday. First disc from TT and am quite impressed so far with the packaging/presentation. Going to sit down and watch it tonight.
Old 08-18-17, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by JasonX
I tried them both. Thanks much for your assistance. Paypal sided against me (they started the dispute), so now I have the pleasure of trying to deal with my credit card company. Truly a terrible customer service experience. Regardless of if I end up getting the order or not, my days of ordering directly from them are done.
Here's to remaining +ve about receiving your order
Old 08-18-17, 11:03 PM

On a related note, 'Salvador' is now part of the 7 for $70 bundle at SAE. Still $29.95 purchased on its own
Old 08-19-17, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 84 Likes on 70 Posts

The Buddy Holly story is now sold out.Went from 47 to OOS in the last few hours.
Looks like A few or someone bought the remaining stock to flip.

Bunny Lake is down to 7 at TT.
Old 08-20-17, 12:49 AM

'Cat Ballou' maybe next, its gone on TT, still available at SAE

EDIT: My bad, its only temporarily OOS on TT - this note is posted there: 'We are temporarily out of stock. We expect new stock to arrive prior to the end of the sale. We will send out an email as soon as its back in stock.'

Last edited by laidbacklarkin; 08-20-17 at 12:59 AM.
Old 09-20-17, 03:16 PM

Screenarchives 10 day sale starting today at 4pm EDT - below titles are $9.95 each

YENTL
FUNNY LADY
INHERIT THE WIND
HEAVEN & EARTH
THE FORTUNE
BIRDMAN OF ALCATRAZ
WHEN THE WIND BLOWS
FLAMING STAR
AUDREY ROSE
THE BELIEVERS
THE VANISHING
UNDER FIRE
THE KILLER ELITE
SALVADOR
THE DOGS OF WAR
CHE!
FOLLOW THAT DREAM
SECRET OF SANTA VITTORIA
RIFF RAFF / RAINING STONES
VIOLENT SATURDAY
RADIO DAYS
SAVE YOUR LEGS!
RESURRECTED
FATE IS THE HUNTER
THE FIRM
MR HOBBS TAKES A VACATION
RITA, SUE, AND BOB TOO
FEVER PITCH
CONRACK
TITUS
Old 09-20-17, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 616 Likes on 454 Posts

Here I go again . . .
Old 09-20-17, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Brian T
Here I go again . . .
Bruised and wounded lot we are..yet we must labor on, on our retail journey, bearing battlescars
Old 09-20-17, 07:01 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts

Fyi, type in "special promotion" in the upper-left SEARCH area and all the titles will come up.
Old 09-20-17, 07:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei
Fyi, type in "special promotion" in the upper-left SEARCH area and all the titles will come up.
That sort of covers what I was going to say: Holiday in Spain/Scent of Mystery is also back on sale, albeit for $14.95.
Old 09-20-17, 09:04 PM
g

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

Picked up
Yentl, Violent Saturday, and Fate is the Hunter.

Had many of the others and passed on some.
Old 09-21-17, 07:25 AM

I picked up Titus and Fortune. My wife was like...again as I was watching about 8-10 trailers. Lol...but I have a special shelf just for Twilight Time, want to see it? NOOOOOO. She was especially entertaining when I was watching the trailer to Conrack, but you had to be there for it .
Old 09-21-17, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts

Bought a few this time. Anyone have DVD Profiler 4.0 and use it yet?
Old 09-21-17, 10:37 AM

I use My Movies Pro on my phone but I've been ridiculously lazy about it. I rarely buy apps (my wife bought me a $25 google play card about 2 years ago, I still have $9 on it, lol)...but is Profiler really better than the others...I used to use it years ago and I'm having a huge problem remembering if its any good. I guess for $2.99 I could give it a shot though.
Old 09-21-17, 11:31 AM

Received 223 Likes on 148 Posts

Twilight Time Movies

Just a heads-up that RADIO DAYS is also now SOLD OUT - this is our 95th Blu-ray title to do so - thanks you guys as always for the fantastic support!

Just a heads-up that CONRACK and FOLLOW THAT DREAM are now SOLD OUT - these are our 93rd and 94th Blu-ray titles to do so - thanks you guys as always for the fantastic support!
Old 09-21-17, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 616 Likes on 454 Posts

DOGS OF WAR is now sold out. Wondered why my cart got a little lighter! Thankfully I already own it, but wouldn't have minded a duplicate.

Wouldn't be surprised to see more go OOP during this sale.
Old 09-21-17, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 811 Likes on 685 Posts

Profiler has been one of the most useful pieces of software over the past decade. It's solid.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.