DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Old 04-21-16, 10:34 PM   #101
DVD Talk Hero

Re: Free Star Wars: The Force Awakens BluRay/DVD combo pack

Picked up my copy today. Better late than never, I guess.

Now I can double-dip when the 3D version drops without feeling guilty or suckered.

GAME CENTER ID : DECKER 01

I haven't seen Evil Dead 2.....yet.
Old 04-22-16, 11:36 AM   #102
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I picked up my copy. I had to shake my head in wonderment as I passed by electronics on the way to "site-to-store" pickup as there were *dozens* of copies on the shelf in both regular and WM special edition slipcase. Of course mine has the standard slipcase - what's up with *that* WM? - you force shipment and send the non-exclusive cover? - but I truly don't care as I don't think BB-8(?) is worthy of such special treatment (now it it'd been R2D2...).
Old 04-22-16, 04:59 PM   #103
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobO'Link View Post
Aaarrrggg!!! I didn't check email until *late* today and found my shipment is ready for pickup. That's "bad" because I was about a half mile from the store earlier in the evening and a very short detour would have gotten that taken care of. Now it's a special trip unless I wait a few days when I'll be close by again.
I was IN the store last night where mine was waiting for me, but I didn't see the email until an hour later, when I got home! I was kicking myself...

Quote:
I picked up my copy. I had to shake my head in wonderment as I passed by electronics on the way to "site-to-store" pickup as there were *dozens* of copies on the shelf in both regular and WM special edition slipcase. Of course mine has the standard slipcase - what's up with *that* WM? - you force shipment and send the non-exclusive cover? - but I truly don't care as I don't think BB-8(?) is worthy of such special treatment (now it it'd been R2D2...).
The exclusive has a different SKU, and was not technically eligible for this promotion. Some people may have tried to order it, but I dunno if they'll get the $22 credit or not.
Old 04-22-16, 06:22 PM   #104
DVD Talk Legend

Picked up mine today. Now to make sure that Cashback comes through with an Amazon GC.

If not, I'm saving my receipt and not opening the BD in case it needs to be returned.
Old 04-22-16, 06:31 PM   #105
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekdipper View Post
Picked up mine today. Now to make sure that Cashback comes through with an Amazon GC.

If not, I'm saving my receipt and not opening the BD in case it needs to be returned.

Does not compute. You have 90 days to return it to Walmart. It's 14 weeks before you can cash out(98 days) for the Amazon gift card. Topcashback is a legit site. Roll the dice, open it up and enjoy the movie.
Old 04-23-16, 10:25 PM   #106
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Picked up mine (and my cousin picked up hers) this afternoon. We had no problems at all. Total time for both pickups was like 10 mins.
Glad it was that quick as we were in a hurry. Now we gotta wait for the cashback. Both my cousin and I thank the OP for posting this deal.

Last edited by LaxBandit; 04-23-16 at 10:31 PM.
Old 04-24-16, 03:43 AM   #107
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenbenobi View Post
The exclusive has a different SKU, and was not technically eligible for this promotion. Some people may have tried to order it, but I dunno if they'll get the $22 credit or not.
That makes more sense. I didn't bother to check as I'm not all that enamored with the film and am one of those who couldn't care less about "special features" on films I like, much less those I'm "meh" about. Much like the second trilogy the purchase was made more for completeness than because I like it. I cancelled my Amazon order, same slipcase, in favor of this one. If the cashback doesn't come through it will only cost me the sales tax and time/gas to the store, neither of which is a deal breaker.
Old 04-24-16, 09:29 AM   #108
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenbenobi View Post
From the reading of the original eligibility there's no reason the exclusive wouldn't qualify -- Star Wars Bluray for $19.96 with no mention of an SKU. Seems like someone even spoke with TCB and confirmed it met requirements. Everybody that ordered teh exclusive got pending credits so I guess it's now to wait to see if it goes to completed in another week or so
Old 04-24-16, 07:32 PM   #109
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James View Post
Does not compute. You have 90 days to return it to Walmart. It's 14 weeks before you can cash out(98 days) for the Amazon gift card. Topcashback is a legit site. Roll the dice, open it up and enjoy the movie.

Yeah, I realized that after checking on the Cashback status & reading "14 weeks" (for some reason, I had thought it was "days"). I wasn't concerned about opening it because we saw it in the theater already, but your post is right...it would be too late to return it at any rate.

Thanks, though, for confirming that the site is legit. I'll follow your advice & go ahead & open it if I get the urge to see it again anytime soon (usually I'll keep them sealed in case I run across a good used copy while I can still get top dollar back for selling the sealed copy). I don't return items to stores when that happens since I don't consider that a legitimate reason to return/. In the case of the Cashback offer, I would feel okay about returning since the only reason for purchasing now was the rebate offer/tie-in.
Old 04-25-16, 02:33 AM   #110
DVD Talk Limited Edition

My pickup area is back by the restroom so I got the pleasure of breathing in diarrhea air for about 5 minutes while I stood there waiting for someone to show up. And when someone finally did they were a knuckle dragger and I had to very slowly, and repeatedly spell my name out for them (I have a common easy last name). But I do now have my additional free copy of Star Wars. So there is that...
Old 04-25-16, 06:29 AM   #111
DVD Talk Legend

I'm not sure an additional copy is worth the brain cells lost breathing in Walmart shit fumes.
Old 04-25-16, 11:45 AM   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaxBandit View Post
Good News - I got a notification/emailing yesterday saying I can pickup my Star Wars: The Force Awakens Blu-Ray/DVD combo pack. Bad News - Unfortunately I didn't see the notification/email until early evening so I missed out on picking it up in my travels yesterday afternoon. Sigh. Going to have to pick it up later this week.
You must have been the guy in front of me - both of us waiting..waiting...then finally the "worker" saunters in and acts like she's doing us a favor.
I hate dealing with Wal-Mart, especially anything related to Customer Service (which they don't have/understand/train to/care). However, for $20, I can deal with it. If this deal were for $10 or so, I wouldn't have bothered.
Old 04-25-16, 12:02 PM   #113
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by hariseldon View Post
From the reading of the original eligibility there's no reason the exclusive wouldn't qualify -- Star Wars Bluray for $19.96 with no mention of an SKU. Seems like someone even spoke with TCB and confirmed it met requirements. Everybody that ordered teh exclusive got pending credits so I guess it's now to wait to see if it goes to completed in another week or so
The deal link took you directly to the regular version BD, which implied that is the version which qualified for the offer. I didn't want to gamble and order the other one... That's awesome if it works for people. I just went the safe route.
Old 04-25-16, 12:38 PM   #114
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It's just a slipcover and no additional new content correct? Not sure what the big deal is. And FWIW, I think the regular slip looks pretty good.

My account is still in pending status, hope that changes soon.
Old 04-25-16, 02:14 PM   #115
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattysemo247 View Post
It's just a slipcover and no additional new content correct? Not sure what the big deal is. And FWIW, I think the regular slip looks pretty good.

My account is still in pending status, hope that changes soon.
And a collectible Topps disc inside (which I actually do collect)... But no, it's not as important as a bonus disc. Too bad there wasn't an actual bonus disc anywhere...
Old 04-26-16, 07:45 AM   #116
DVD Talk Legend

It's now listed as payable on my account.
Old 04-26-16, 08:32 AM   #117
DVD Talk Reviewer

Quote:
Same here....
Bring it on, TopCashBack!
Old 04-26-16, 08:34 AM   #118
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Thanks for the heads up. Mine showed that way as well. Didn't get an e-mail notification of any kind, so I'm not sure when I might have noticed otherwise.

Chose the Amazon option to get the bonus, per the e-mail instructions, it will be processed in the "next batch" of payouts.

Had to chuckle when redeeming initially. There was an option to donate some or all of the amount as a tip to the staff at TopCashback. Who in their right mind is choosing that?

"i 'm new here. most of people in here are good. but there is a miserable person. Look into your mirror. Superboy!" --New Member, robert11
Old 04-26-16, 02:48 PM   #119
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Same here, also went with Amazon
Old 04-26-16, 02:55 PM   #120
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardsfan111 View Post
Had to chuckle when redeeming initially. There was an option to donate some or all of the amount as a tip to the staff at TopCashback. Who in their right mind is choosing that?
I had to reread that part because it didn't make sense.
Old 04-26-16, 03:15 PM   #121
DVD Talk Hero

Yeah, that was a mind-boggling tip request.
Then again, I'm still baffled about the tip jar at U-Swirl Yogurt. I mean you serve the yogurt yourself, top it yourself, weigh it yourself. I felt more inclined to take money out of the tip jar than put money in it.

GAME CENTER ID : DECKER 01

I haven't seen Evil Dead 2.....yet.
Old 04-26-16, 03:33 PM   #122
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Went with Amazon, but my gift card appears to be stuck "in processing" for most of the day now.
Old 04-26-16, 05:18 PM   #123
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Thanks for the "heads up" guys! Mine, too, was ready for payout but no email indicating such. But boy... that's some convoluted method to go with a Amazon gift card. At least they're supposed to email a notification when it's ready. After expecting 14+ weeks that was quite a surprise. I have a "Pay-out due before Apr 29, 2016" and the "Note" says that's "likely to be the latest date, pay-outs are usually sent within a few days of request."
Old 04-26-16, 08:27 PM   #124
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Went with Amex should arrive in a week -- it ended up working for the SW Exclusive so double good.
Old 04-26-16, 11:39 PM   #125
DVD Talk Legend

Went with the AMEX giftcard (same bonus as Amazon, more flexible).