Reload this Page >

Free Star Wars: The Force Awakens BluRay/DVD combo pack

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Free Star Wars: The Force Awakens BluRay/DVD combo pack

Old 04-16-16, 11:54 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 676 Likes on 452 Posts
Re: Free Star Wars: The Force Awakens BluRay/DVD combo pack

This might have been my first WM pick-up. Waited 8 minutes for someone to come to the pickup desk as a dozen employees walked by ignoring the line. Janitor finally got on radio and the desk person came. It all went smoothly and quickly at that point. I think she was on a bathroom break and no one else can work that area apparently.
Old 04-16-16, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 278 Likes on 179 Posts

I picked up my copy today. Any word on how long it takes for you to get your money back from that site?

OK, read some previous posts and apparently it is up to 3 months. Damn.

Oh well, at least it does show up in my "earnings pending" column.

I'll hold my thanks to the OP until I get my money back
Old 04-16-16, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 278 Likes on 179 Posts

Old 04-18-16, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Since there is no receipt to scan, did anyone figure out how to add the movie to a VUDU account?
Old 04-18-16, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,174 Likes on 4,203 Posts

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
Since there is no receipt to scan, did anyone figure out how to add the movie to a VUDU account?
http://www.vudu.com/dma.html
Old 04-18-16, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Ah, I totally forgot about the whole Disney / VUDU link. I'm used to them sending a separate code for InstaWatch. Thanks.
Old 04-19-16, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LaxBandit
Although I could wait until next Thursday to get the notification, it would be nice if I got notification sometime this weekend or Monday morning as I'll be going by my local Walmart on Monday afternoon/evening.
Good News - I got a notification/emailing yesterday saying I can pickup my Star Wars: The Force Awakens Blu-Ray/DVD combo pack. Bad News - Unfortunately I didn't see the notification/email until early evening so I missed out on picking it up in my travels yesterday afternoon. Sigh. Going to have to pick it up later this week.
Old 04-20-16, 09:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Trevor
This might have been my first WM pick-up. Waited 8 minutes for someone to come to the pickup desk as a dozen employees walked by ignoring the line. Janitor finally got on radio and the desk person came. It all went smoothly and quickly at that point. I think she was on a bathroom break and no one else can work that area apparently.
You must shop at my WalMart. I had the same experience. Except I waited a little longer. And, I was greeted by a trainee to finish my transaction. She was a little slow but that's understandable. Can't wait to give the BD to my daughter for her birthday this weekend.
Old 04-20-16, 08:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 649 Likes on 471 Posts

Aaarrrggg!!! I didn't check email until *late* today and found my shipment is ready for pickup. That's "bad" because I was about a half mile from the store earlier in the evening and a very short detour would have gotten that taken care of. Now it's a special trip unless I wait a few days when I'll be close by again.
Old 04-21-16, 07:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anybody else get an email from Walmart asking you to rate your recent purchase, yet still haven't got an order ready for pickup notification yet?
Old 04-21-16, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

Picked up my in-store pickup last night.
Now - the wait for the refund....
Old 04-21-16, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by Imail724
Anybody else get an email from Walmart asking you to rate your recent purchase, yet still haven't got an order ready for pickup notification yet?
Yup, I did. and was pretty tempted to post some nasty remarks. In this day and age, an order placed 4/7 that isn't yet fulfilled by 4/21, justifies nasty remarks. But decided to hold off because I really don't care for Walmart - I was in this only because it was free. But goes to show how unsavvy Walmart is compared to Amazon or even other retailers. Walmart can go the way of the dodo - no one's gonna miss them except their cheapass Chinese suppliers.
Old 04-21-16, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by hariseldon
I'm assuming like the previous posters you have checked your Walmart account to make certain it isn't actually ready? I had a direct pick up in store the next day after my order a couple weeks ago that never got the email to pick it up, but the online account showed it was ready.

I also had an unrelated 2nd order that I did get an email. Pickup was fine with looking up the order number and letting me do both pickups together
I have checked, and I honestly can't even tell if it's ready or not.

I think I'm just going to pop in during lunch since it's right down the road from me.
Old 04-21-16, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 121 Posts

I picked up my Site to Store shipment last night too. It was a Neighborhood Market so I went to the customer service desk. I waited in line for 15 minutes but checking out was a straight forward process. I'm guessing this store doesn't do many Site to Store shipments because the representative seemed surprised that I was making a pickup -- like the shipment was an error or something.

Somewhat ironically there was a small Star Wars movie display next to the customer service desk but they looked like DVDs.

So I guess I wait for the refund?

I think I'm just going to pop in during lunch since it's right down the road from me.

I recall "Ready for pickup" having a check last night when I went to the store.
Old 04-21-16, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Every time I break down and do a "site-to-store" order. I usually delete 'em as all they're wanting is a "customer review" much like Amazon's mostly worthless customer reviews. I do, however, take the trouble to let them know how crappy I consider their store/service/selection/prices to be anytime I get one of those "on receipt" survey requests. I doubt it does any good...
Old 04-21-16, 09:45 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Went ahead and filed a claim. This is the text once I submitted it:

Thank you, your missing cashback claim has been lodged.We'll now do all that we can to try to resolve it for you. Once your claim has been submitted to the merchant’s network, it might take a few months before we have any news, but please be assured that we will be in touch as soon as we can.

We really hope that we’ll be successful in resolving your claim, but it is worth noting that claims will not be paid if the merchant feels your transaction is not eligible for cashback.
LOL

Last edited by rwsharpjr; 04-21-16 at 09:50 AM. Reason: LOL
Old 04-21-16, 12:28 PM

So I just got back from Walmart. The pickup area couldn't find my order (I still haven't received notification that it's ready but it was supposed to be ready today), but surprisingly the lady at the counter let me just grab one off the shelf and fulfill my order with that one. So might wanna give it a try if you're in the same boat as me.

Edit: just got the notification that my order is ready for pickup lol

Last edited by Imail724; 04-21-16 at 02:03 PM.
Old 04-21-16, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,174 Likes on 4,203 Posts

Picked up my copy today. Better late than never, I guess.

Now I can double-dip when the 3D version drops without feeling guilty or suckered.
Old 04-22-16, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I picked up my copy. I had to shake my head in wonderment as I passed by electronics on the way to "site-to-store" pickup as there were *dozens* of copies on the shelf in both regular and WM special edition slipcase. Of course mine has the standard slipcase - what's up with *that* WM? - you force shipment and send the non-exclusive cover? - but I truly don't care as I don't think BB-8(?) is worthy of such special treatment (now it it'd been R2D2...).
Old 04-22-16, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
Aaarrrggg!!! I didn't check email until *late* today and found my shipment is ready for pickup. That's "bad" because I was about a half mile from the store earlier in the evening and a very short detour would have gotten that taken care of. Now it's a special trip unless I wait a few days when I'll be close by again.
I was IN the store last night where mine was waiting for me, but I didn't see the email until an hour later, when I got home! I was kicking myself...

I picked up my copy. I had to shake my head in wonderment as I passed by electronics on the way to "site-to-store" pickup as there were *dozens* of copies on the shelf in both regular and WM special edition slipcase. Of course mine has the standard slipcase - what's up with *that* WM? - you force shipment and send the non-exclusive cover? - but I truly don't care as I don't think BB-8(?) is worthy of such special treatment (now it it'd been R2D2...).
The exclusive has a different SKU, and was not technically eligible for this promotion. Some people may have tried to order it, but I dunno if they'll get the $22 credit or not.
Old 04-22-16, 06:22 PM
Banned

Picked up mine today. Now to make sure that Cashback comes through with an Amazon GC.

If not, I'm saving my receipt and not opening the BD in case it needs to be returned.
Old 04-22-16, 06:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by creekdipper
Picked up mine today. Now to make sure that Cashback comes through with an Amazon GC.

If not, I'm saving my receipt and not opening the BD in case it needs to be returned.

Does not compute. You have 90 days to return it to Walmart. It's 14 weeks before you can cash out(98 days) for the Amazon gift card. Topcashback is a legit site. Roll the dice, open it up and enjoy the movie.
Old 04-23-16, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Picked up mine (and my cousin picked up hers) this afternoon. We had no problems at all. Total time for both pickups was like 10 mins.
Glad it was that quick as we were in a hurry. Now we gotta wait for the cashback. Both my cousin and I thank the OP for posting this deal.

Last edited by LaxBandit; 04-23-16 at 10:31 PM.
Old 04-24-16, 03:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
The exclusive has a different SKU, and was not technically eligible for this promotion. Some people may have tried to order it, but I dunno if they'll get the $22 credit or not.
That makes more sense. I didn't bother to check as I'm not all that enamored with the film and am one of those who couldn't care less about "special features" on films I like, much less those I'm "meh" about. Much like the second trilogy the purchase was made more for completeness than because I like it. I cancelled my Amazon order, same slipcase, in favor of this one. If the cashback doesn't come through it will only cost me the sales tax and time/gas to the store, neither of which is a deal breaker.
Old 04-24-16, 07:32 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
Does not compute. You have 90 days to return it to Walmart. It's 14 weeks before you can cash out(98 days) for the Amazon gift card. Topcashback is a legit site. Roll the dice, open it up and enjoy the movie.

Yeah, I realized that after checking on the Cashback status & reading "14 weeks" (for some reason, I had thought it was "days"). I wasn't concerned about opening it because we saw it in the theater already, but your post is right...it would be too late to return it at any rate.

Thanks, though, for confirming that the site is legit. I'll follow your advice & go ahead & open it if I get the urge to see it again anytime soon (usually I'll keep them sealed in case I run across a good used copy while I can still get top dollar back for selling the sealed copy). I don't return items to stores when that happens since I don't consider that a legitimate reason to return/. In the case of the Cashback offer, I would feel okay about returning since the only reason for purchasing now was the rebate offer/tie-in.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.