DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Old 04-15-16, 04:14 PM   #76
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: Free Star Wars: The Force Awakens BluRay/DVD combo pack

Although I could wait until next Thursday to get the notification, it would be nice if I got notification sometime this weekend or Monday morning as I'll be going by my local Walmart on Monday afternoon/evening.
Old 04-16-16, 12:47 AM   #77
DVD Talk Special Edition

It is so amazingly stupid that a huge corporation like Wal-Mart couldn't do a better job integrating their website with their stores. There is no reason why I should have to wait for a copy to be mailed to the local store instead of just having someone pull one off a shelf. Plus, it costs them more money to do it that way. Then, to make matters even worse, the tracking doesn't even work for items that are shipped for store pick up.

I know a lot of people complain about store pick up at Best Buy, but at least if they have something in stock, I don't have to wait 2 weeks to pick it up.
Old 04-16-16, 07:34 AM   #78
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

It really odd that most/many people could order it for instore pick-up (I could) and others couldn't. It seems about 2/3 of the posts here and on Bluray were able to.

It's strange, but in the end just think "free" and many things look better
Old 04-16-16, 07:56 AM   #79
DVD Talk Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by collven View Post
It is so amazingly stupid that a huge corporation like Wal-Mart couldn't do a better job integrating their website with their stores. There is no reason why I should have to wait for a copy to be mailed to the local store instead of just having someone pull one off a shelf.
Which is why I don't shop Wal-Mart, except for theoretical freebie deals like this. I don't really care if I get Force Awakens today or in two weeks if I can snag for no cash.

Now we wait and see if this cashback offer comes through. And if that takes a few weeks I don't care either. It's 20$ - worse case is I bought Force Awakens, which I would have anyhow.

I can wait...
Old 04-16-16, 09:47 AM   #80
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
It is so amazingly stupid that a huge corporation like Wal-Mart couldn't do a better job integrating their website with their stores. There is no reason why I should have to wait for a copy to be mailed to the local store instead of just having someone pull one off a shelf. Plus, it costs them more money to do it that way. Then, to make matters even worse, the tracking doesn't even work for items that are shipped for store pick up.

I know a lot of people complain about store pick up at Best Buy, but at least if they have something in stock, I don't have to wait 2 weeks to pick it up.
WM and their lack of store/web integration is simply embarrassing for such a large corporation. They don't even have a good handle on in-stock items at the local stores yet promote ordering groceries online and picking them up in the store. In *every* case I've looked online to see if they have something in stock locally they either show the store doesn't carry the product (it does), don't show the product online (very frequent), or show it to be OOS (it rarely is). It even takes longer to PM something from *their own* site than from any other store.

Yes, BB store pickup sucks but it's generally no worse than WM's "site-to-store" program. Both take far longer than they should. But, as you've said, at least BB's inventory system knows if something's in stock so that I *can* swing by the same day as it's ordered and pick it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointyskull View Post
Which is why I don't shop Wal-Mart, except for theoretical freebie deals like this. I don't really care if I get Force Awakens today or in two weeks if I can snag for no cash.

Now we wait and see if this cashback offer comes through. And if that takes a few weeks I don't care either. It's 20$ - worse case is I bought Force Awakens, which I would have anyhow.

I can wait...
Yep. I avoid WM if at all possible. Even though it'll cost a couple of $$ more than Amazon should the cashback offer fail (I'm still in a no tax state for Amazon) I'd have purchased this anyway and am in no hurry. I'm making the "purchase" mainly for completeness sake.
Old 04-16-16, 11:52 AM   #81

Quote:

I'll take Best Buy store pickup over Walmart always. At least Best Buy consistently has someone at their pickup counter. The Walmart closest to me just closed down but there was never anyone staffing the pickup counter. 5 or more employees would walk by and say they would call someone but no one would ever show up. Pushing the button on the credit card reader to ask for assistance was futile also. I think I gave up on about 90% of my in store pickup orders.
Old 04-16-16, 11:54 AM   #82
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

This might have been my first WM pick-up. Waited 8 minutes for someone to come to the pickup desk as a dozen employees walked by ignoring the line. Janitor finally got on radio and the desk person came. It all went smoothly and quickly at that point. I think she was on a bathroom break and no one else can work that area apparently.
Old 04-16-16, 01:01 PM   #83
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I picked up my copy today. Any word on how long it takes for you to get your money back from that site?

OK, read some previous posts and apparently it is up to 3 months. Damn.

Oh well, at least it does show up in my "earnings pending" column.

I'll hold my thanks to the OP until I get my money back
Old 04-16-16, 02:24 PM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris3657 View Post
I picked up my copy today. Any word on how long it takes for you to get your money back from that site?

OK, read some previous posts and apparently it is up to 3 months. Damn.

Oh well, at least it does show up in my "earnings pending" column.

I'll hold my thanks to the OP until I get my money back
As I understand the sequence

The critical dates seem to be the Initial Pending amt which shows up in 24.48 hrs.

The Pending changes to a credit around 21 days which I understand means that the charge is deemed good and it's your money though you can't get it yet.

Around 90-95 days the credit turns accessible cash and you can get it in whatever manner you want. Apparently this date is a bit variable depending on when the merchant gets the funds to TCB.
Old 04-16-16, 05:37 PM   #85
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Old 04-18-16, 12:27 PM   #86
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Since there is no receipt to scan, did anyone figure out how to add the movie to a VUDU account?
Old 04-18-16, 12:36 PM   #87
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattysemo247 View Post
Since there is no receipt to scan, did anyone figure out how to add the movie to a VUDU account?
http://www.vudu.com/dma.html

GAME CENTER ID : DECKER 01

I haven't seen Evil Dead 2.....yet.
Old 04-18-16, 12:46 PM   #88
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Ah, I totally forgot about the whole Disney / VUDU link. I'm used to them sending a separate code for InstaWatch. Thanks.
Old 04-19-16, 12:15 PM   #89
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaxBandit View Post
Although I could wait until next Thursday to get the notification, it would be nice if I got notification sometime this weekend or Monday morning as I'll be going by my local Walmart on Monday afternoon/evening.
Good News - I got a notification/emailing yesterday saying I can pickup my Star Wars: The Force Awakens Blu-Ray/DVD combo pack. Bad News - Unfortunately I didn't see the notification/email until early evening so I missed out on picking it up in my travels yesterday afternoon. Sigh. Going to have to pick it up later this week.
Old 04-20-16, 09:29 AM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
This might have been my first WM pick-up. Waited 8 minutes for someone to come to the pickup desk as a dozen employees walked by ignoring the line. Janitor finally got on radio and the desk person came. It all went smoothly and quickly at that point. I think she was on a bathroom break and no one else can work that area apparently.
You must shop at my WalMart. I had the same experience. Except I waited a little longer. And, I was greeted by a trainee to finish my transaction. She was a little slow but that's understandable. Can't wait to give the BD to my daughter for her birthday this weekend.
Old 04-20-16, 08:50 PM   #91
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Aaarrrggg!!! I didn't check email until *late* today and found my shipment is ready for pickup. That's "bad" because I was about a half mile from the store earlier in the evening and a very short detour would have gotten that taken care of. Now it's a special trip unless I wait a few days when I'll be close by again.
Old 04-21-16, 07:45 AM   #92

Anybody else get an email from Walmart asking you to rate your recent purchase, yet still haven't got an order ready for pickup notification yet?

Oh, and pick me up some of that stuff, what's it called, we used to eat it all the time back in the day, oh yeah, puddin'!
Old 04-21-16, 08:32 AM   #93

I'm assuming like the previous posters you have checked your Walmart account to make certain it isn't actually ready? I had a direct pick up in store the next day after my order a couple weeks ago that never got the email to pick it up, but the online account showed it was ready.

I also had an unrelated 2nd order that I did get an email. Pickup was fine with looking up the order number and letting me do both pickups together
Old 04-21-16, 08:44 AM   #94
DVD Talk Reviewer

Picked up my in-store pickup last night.
Now - the wait for the refund....
Old 04-21-16, 08:46 AM   #95
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imail724 View Post
Anybody else get an email from Walmart asking you to rate your recent purchase, yet still haven't got an order ready for pickup notification yet?
Yup, I did. and was pretty tempted to post some nasty remarks. In this day and age, an order placed 4/7 that isn't yet fulfilled by 4/21, justifies nasty remarks. But decided to hold off because I really don't care for Walmart - I was in this only because it was free. But goes to show how unsavvy Walmart is compared to Amazon or even other retailers. Walmart can go the way of the dodo - no one's gonna miss them except their cheapass Chinese suppliers.
Old 04-21-16, 09:06 AM   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by hariseldon View Post
I'm assuming like the previous posters you have checked your Walmart account to make certain it isn't actually ready? I had a direct pick up in store the next day after my order a couple weeks ago that never got the email to pick it up, but the online account showed it was ready.

I also had an unrelated 2nd order that I did get an email. Pickup was fine with looking up the order number and letting me do both pickups together
I have checked, and I honestly can't even tell if it's ready or not.

I think I'm just going to pop in during lunch since it's right down the road from me.

Oh, and pick me up some of that stuff, what's it called, we used to eat it all the time back in the day, oh yeah, puddin'!
Old 04-21-16, 09:22 AM   #97
DVD Talk Legend

I picked up my Site to Store shipment last night too. It was a Neighborhood Market so I went to the customer service desk. I waited in line for 15 minutes but checking out was a straight forward process. I'm guessing this store doesn't do many Site to Store shipments because the representative seemed surprised that I was making a pickup -- like the shipment was an error or something.

Somewhat ironically there was a small Star Wars movie display next to the customer service desk but they looked like DVDs.

So I guess I wait for the refund?
Quote:

I think I'm just going to pop in during lunch since it's right down the road from me.

I recall "Ready for pickup" having a check last night when I went to the store.
Old 04-21-16, 09:43 AM   #98
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
Every time I break down and do a "site-to-store" order. I usually delete 'em as all they're wanting is a "customer review" much like Amazon's mostly worthless customer reviews. I do, however, take the trouble to let them know how crappy I consider their store/service/selection/prices to be anytime I get one of those "on receipt" survey requests. I doubt it does any good...
Old 04-21-16, 09:45 AM   #99

Went ahead and filed a claim. This is the text once I submitted it:

Quote:
Thank you, your missing cashback claim has been lodged.We'll now do all that we can to try to resolve it for you. Once your claim has been submitted to the merchant’s network, it might take a few months before we have any news, but please be assured that we will be in touch as soon as we can.

We really hope that we’ll be successful in resolving your claim, but it is worth noting that claims will not be paid if the merchant feels your transaction is not eligible for cashback.
LOL

Last edited by rwsharpjr; 04-21-16 at 09:50 AM. Reason: LOL
Old 04-21-16, 12:28 PM   #100

Quote:

So I just got back from Walmart. The pickup area couldn't find my order (I still haven't received notification that it's ready but it was supposed to be ready today), but surprisingly the lady at the counter let me just grab one off the shelf and fulfill my order with that one. So might wanna give it a try if you're in the same boat as me.

Edit: just got the notification that my order is ready for pickup lol

Last edited by Imail724; 04-21-16 at 02:03 PM.