Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Amazon Canada (DOTD): The Walking Dead S5 Limited Edition: $52.13 (USD) Shipped

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-15, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts
Amazon Canada (DOTD): The Walking Dead S5 Limited Edition: $52.13 (USD) Shipped

Apparently, Amazon.ca links are redirected to Amazon.com.

Much much better than the usual $135 price which never seemed to change and even better than the $79.99 price just recently announced on Amazon's US website.

On a side note, I don't think I've ever seen the Canadian Dollar so low when compared to the USD.

Last edited by DVD Polizei; 12-20-15 at 12:20 PM.
Old 12-20-15, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts
Re: Amazon Canada (DOTD): The Walking Dead S5 Limited Edition: $52.13 (USD) Shipped

This ends in 3 HOURS. GET ONE!
Old 12-21-15, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 617 Likes on 455 Posts
Re: Amazon Canada (DOTD): The Walking Dead S5 Limited Edition: $52.13 (USD) Shipped

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei
On a side note, I don't think I've ever seen the Canadian Dollar so low when compared to the USD.
Back in the 90's -- can't remember exactly which years -- our Canadian dollar fell to just over 60 cents U.S., so if this downslide continues, American folks on these boards might be wise to load up a "saved for later" section in an Amazon Canada cart, and keep checking for daily/weekly deals, and for special promotions like the Kino Studio Classics sale reported on this forum a few months back, which for U.S. shoppers bested the U.S. equivalent by a country mile, even after shipping. After years of Amazon Canada barely even attempting to give Canadians decent deals on DVDs and Blu-rays, they've presumably powerful enough that they now frequently match or improve upon similar deals on the U.S. site, and for Americans at the moment, the deals are even sweeter.

Just be wary of the visually awkward bilingual packaging forced on us up here. If you can live with it, great. Thankfully it seems limited mostly to major studio discs these days. Smaller companies like VCI, Severin, Shout, Olive, Kino, Blue Undergound etc. don't even bother appeasing the Frenchies.