Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Amazon UK Sale Disney 3D "2 for £17.99"

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-15, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 178 Likes on 123 Posts
Amazon UK Sale Disney 3D "2 for £17.99"

Amazon UK has a handful of Disney 3D on sale "2 for £17.99" plus shipping to the US. Unfortunately these type sale US buyers don't get the full advantage of VAT removal since the £18 price is calculated after removing the VAT rather than before, BUT 2 of these are OOP in the US and 3 of them haven't been released in the US at all and the others just end up cheaper then buying in the US.
The sale runs for about through Nov 8 though in the past items will disappear if enough are sold.
Some of these also trigger a £3 UK Video credit which I'm entirely sure how it works for US based customers.
I'm 99% sure all of these are 100% Region Free US compatible (no 50HZ material). I can personally vouch for the top 5 and I'm pretty sure about the bottom 3.

Buy two Disney Blu-ray 3D for just £17.99 . The Offer ends at 23:59 GMT on Sunday, November 8, 2015.
EDIT -- Revised the list to see the individual links since the OFFER page seems to be incorrect. Make sure the seller is Amazon UK and the promo appears to apply.
It seems to working correctly with 2 items in the cart

DUE to the forced redirect links butchering my links the best way is the cut/paste&go the link after the ()
Finding Nemo 3D ----- www()amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B008XZYNS4
Maleficent 3D ----- www()amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00KL779CY
Frozen 3D ------ www()amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00FZM8Z7I
Beauty and the Beast 3D----- www()amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00KLC7ZS2
The Lion King 3D ----- www()amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00KWTZ1MQ
Tangled 3D----- www()amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B009S0V13I
Wreck It Ralph 3D----- www()amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00742SY0K
Brave 3D ----- www()amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00SYEP5KY
Big Hero 6 3D ---- www()amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00SYEP5KY
Monsters Inc 3D ----- www()amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00B0Y2BNY
Monsters University 3D ----www()amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00DUYEVT4

Basically with shipping these end up a hair under $17 per item if you order a single pair (and $15-16+ if you order 4/6/8 due to the lower average shipping) if you have a Capital One or Exchange free CC and don't have to pay Amazon's Currency 4.5% surcharge or your bank's 3%. Not the absolute lowest, but pretty close and certainly beats $50+ for the OOP items or doing without.

TLK and BatB are defaulting to 3rd party sellers if you just click the links which aren't eligible for the promo so make sure all items are being sold by AmazonUK proper (usually on the right side of the page or click all sellers to choose Amazon).

UK Disney DMR points are not redeemable on US DMR site for those that matters.

Thanks to HDMark for the heads up. Thanks to PersianMafia at SD for the fuller list

Last edited by hariseldon; 10-07-15 at 01:38 AM.
Old 10-05-15, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 362 Likes on 214 Posts
Re: Amazon UK Sale Disney 3D "2 for £17.99"

Big Hero 6 3D is OOS for now.
We're sorry. The item Big Hero 6 [Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray] is no longer available from the seller you selected.
Old 10-05-15, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It appears to be crazy buggy.... Or selections are all sold out? Hard to tell.
Old 10-05-15, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Navinabob
It appears to be crazy buggy.... Or selections are all sold out? Hard to tell.
The only ones that I see in stock are Frozen, and Maleficent. It says the promo runs until Nov. 8th so maybe they will restock. I would definitely be in for two copies of Big Hero 6 if they come back, since I can't get it here.
Old 10-05-15, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 362 Likes on 214 Posts

I had Big Hero 6 & Maleficent in my cart first & was checking out & everything was fine. Went back to get 2 more 3D titles & got the msg.

"We're sorry. The item Big Hero 6 [Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray] is no longer available from the seller you selected".
Old 10-05-15, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 327 Likes on 199 Posts

Only one I need right now seems to be Big Hero 6... did Wall-E get a 3D release in any other market?
Old 10-06-15, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by hariseldon
Amazon UK has a handful of Disney 3D on sale "2 for £17.99" plus shipping to the US. Unfortunately these type sale US buyers don't get the full advantage of VAT removal since the £18 price is calculated after removing the VAT rather than before, BUT 2 of these are OOP in the US and 3 of them haven't been released in the US at all and the others just end up cheaper then buying in the US.
The sale runs for about through Nov 8 though in the past items will disappear if enough are sold.
Some of these also trigger a £3 UK Video credit which I'm entirely sure how it works for US based customers.
I'm 99% sure all of these are 100% Region Free US compatible (no 50HZ material). I can personally vouch for the top 5 and I'm pretty sure about the bottom 3.

Buy two Disney Blu-ray 3D for just £17.99 . The Offer ends at 23:59 GMT on Sunday, November 8, 2015.
EDIT -- Revised the list to see the individual links since the OFFER page seems to be incorrect. Make sure the seller is Amazon UK and the promo appears to apply.
It seems to working correctly with 2 items in the cart

Finding Nemo 3D
Maleficent 3D
Frozen 3D
Beauty and the Beast 3D
The Lion King 3D
Tangled 3D
Wreck It Ralph 3D
Monsters University 3D
Brave 3D
Big Hero 6 3D
Monsters Inc 3D

Basically with shipping these end up a hair under $17 per item if you order a single pair (and $15-16+ if you order 4/6/8 due to the lower average shipping) if you have a Capital One or Exchange free CC and don't have to pay Amazon's Currency 4.5% surcharge or your bank's 3%. Not the absolute lowest, but pretty close and certainly beats $50+ for the OOP items or doing without.

TLK and BatB are defaulting to 3rd party sellers if you just click the links which aren't eligible for the promo so make sure all items are being sold by AmazonUK proper (usually on the right side of the page or click all sellers to choose Amazon).

UK Disney DMR points are not redeemable on US DMR site for those that matters.

Thanks to HDMark for the heads up. Thanks to PersianMafia at SD for the fuller list
Are some of those links bad for everyone else? Some broken, some to different movies, some to the US version of Amazon.
Old 10-07-15, 12:32 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 809 Likes on 683 Posts

Is the forum appending affiliate code to the Amazon links? Some forums automatically do that with Amazon links and can mess them up.
Old 10-07-15, 08:47 AM

Thanks for the post Op. The prices are good.

But I just realized something
So the choice is getting 3D + 2D blu ray (UK) OR
2D bluray + DVD + DC (USA)

That sucks since DVD / DC are much more useful for kids taking them portable.
Old 10-07-15, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by soundman2
Thanks for the post Op. The prices are good.

But I just realized something
So the choice is getting 3D + 2D blu ray (UK) OR
2D bluray + DVD + DC (USA)

That sucks since DVD / DC are much more useful for kids taking them portable.
Just keep in mind that any DVD that may be in these sets from the UK may not be playable in the US, unless you have the proper equipment. Likewise with any DC that you may get from the UK.

I agree that the dvd and DC portion are alot more useful.

Last edited by jjcool; 10-07-15 at 10:24 AM.
Old 10-09-15, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 449 Likes on 307 Posts

Big Hero 6 is back in stock. Yay!
Old 10-10-15, 01:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do they no longer remove VAT? I thought that price would be cheaper than this after backing out the VAT but they aren't doing that...

EDIT: I see what's happening. They are backing out the VAT but BEFORE they deduct the promotion, so unfortunately that negates the VAT deduction. It is becoming 2 for 17.99, but they're doing that after the VAT was already deducted. It would be better if it was 17.99 first, and then they deduct the VAT after to make it 13.xx.

Last edited by kenbenobi; 10-10-15 at 07:40 AM.
Old 10-10-15, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, I'm holding out for Black Friday... There could be a better sale or lightning deal, or at least more deals overall to help water down the shipping cost...
Old 10-11-15, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jjcool
Just keep in mind that any DVD that may be in these sets from the UK may not be playable in the US, unless you have the proper equipment. Likewise with any DC that you may get from the UK.

I agree that the dvd and DC portion are alot more useful.
Sure. But I would think most are picking these up for the 3D disc since they're not available here. At least I am. As long as that works, I'm good.
Old 10-11-15, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Yeah, I'm holding out for Black Friday... There could be a better sale or lightning deal, or at least more deals overall to help water down the shipping cost...
I hope it works out for you, but after last year's black friday Amazon sales, I'm not holding out much hope. I did get Frozen for $10 but barely and it's not the 3D version. It seems they don't push Blu-rays and DVDs that hard anymore in the sales. And the CD sales barely existed. I'm expecting it to be worse this year.
Old 10-11-15, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 809 Likes on 683 Posts

I expect fewer and fewer big media sales from Amazon going forward. I am sure we'll get a Black Friday sale similar to last year.
Old 10-11-15, 04:21 PM

Well, to be honest Amazon Uk had a lot of good BF sales as usual. Funny that the US invention was taken a lot more seriously overseas than here.
I remember the news reports. It was the first BF last year, right? And you had huge crowds like us. And you got boxing day too.
Old 10-12-15, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Odd... nothing can get shipped now to a US address.
Old 10-12-15, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Navinabob
Odd... nothing can get shipped now to a US address.
Hopefully that's temporary and is just a AmazonUK stock issue. I got my order in yesterday with no problems. (It already shipped.) It would suck if Disney were to put some kind of block on US orders.
Old 10-12-15, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Almost always that means you have something from a 3rd party seller which also blocks the discount promo. Check and make sure the seller is directly Amazon UK
Okay, that worked. After VAT and shipping it comes out to $35 USD for two movies.
Old 10-13-15, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks, I was able to grab two copies of Big Hero 6 today for $33.91 (after I remembered to turn off the Amazon currency converter). I'm glad they came back in stock. When I first grabbed them from the promo page it somehow added ones from a different seller so I got the "address for shipping unavailable" error. Emptied my cart went directly to the page for Big Hero 6, and added them and it worked fine.
Old 10-13-15, 03:48 PM

I really wish that all Amazon would have some setting that would prevent 3rd party from being shown 1st. Over half of these items right now default to Not Amazon 1st

It's incredibly irritating and increasingly common to have Not Amazon shown which messes up all sort of promo discounts even Prime Eligible/Fulfilled by Amazon (plus searches). It always bounces my Shopsafe Virtual CC number which only will let a single Amazon entity from using it so if I don't notice it, it rejects my payment and I have to use an alternate CC or cancel/re-order
it totally sucks. It's easy to miss too since some of the 3rd party sellers use Amazon for prime shipping. I see prime and I automatically think it's Amazon. I thought I had bought my wife's B-day gift from Amazon but it ended up being a 3rd party seller who added a cheesy sticker to the package. Then I had to wonder if it was used and resealed so I returned it. Amazon was nice about it and I talked a bit with someone on the phone about how frustrating it can be to keep tabs on who's actually selling an item. I'd imagine a lot of folks don't even realize it when it happens. And, yes, for these types of sales it creates confusement at checkout.