Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

Amazon Italy B2G1 Free TV Boxsets (ST:TNG, Batman Complete included)

Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-15, 01:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 178 Likes on 123 Posts

While this is not nearly as good as the expired 50% off sale on Star Trek TNG, it does have some interesting possibilities. There are about 60 boxsets eligible for the B2G1. Unlike most B2G1 that give you the lowest in your checkout free if you order 6/9/12, this sale apparently groups them in 3's from most expensive to cheapest and every 3rd item is the free item so you don't have to split orders to get the max discount which makes International shipping a lot more palatable.

Amazon Italy B2G1 TV Series

From August 3 to September 13, 2015, for every 3 eligible DVD or Blu-ray titles you purchase you get the least expensive free.
During checkout at the payment page or the Order Confirmation page enter the promo code SERIETV3X2

It also appears that 3 is the max of any one item. Like before items can be removed if they sell their quota and make sure it's from Amazon and not a 3rd Party seller.

ST:TNG -- price in EURO before VAT removal
S1 15.75 EUR
S3/S5/S6 14.99
S2/S4 16.99
S7 26.38

ST:Enterprise - unfortunately S3 and 4 haven't been released as a standalone yet making this a little less useful unless you have faith they'll release the other 2 sets or
you don't mind a mix/match set (I think the UK complete set is about $90 shipped now)
S1 27.89
S2 19.99

Batman Complete 41.99EUR

GOT S1-4 -- 77EUR (unfortunately nothing really to group it with to max the discount unless you buy 3). I can't find REgion Coding, but I'm 95% sure it's region Free like all the other European sets

Sherlock Series 1-3 19.99EUR (I'm not 100% of the region status though it is definitely 1080/50 -- the back has the B symbol and not the A/B/C like the UK and German sets)

Examples of deals
Current exchange rate is approx $1.10USD/Eur. [Figured with a Forex free CC. If you haven't got one yet then add 1-3% for CC fee or about 4% for the Amazon Converter 76.45 depending on who you rather get your extra fee]

Shipped prices:
S1-6 of TNG 67EUR shipped (approx $73.70 USD)
S1-7 TNG 87.61EUR ($96) -- it's not $75, but still not bad for the entire series
S1-7 TNG plus Enterprise 1/2 113.50EUR ($125) -- a little less than 15/season

TNG 1-7 + BATMAN 125.84 ($138)

Batman Complete TV x3 (mini group buy?) - 90.27 ($100) -- $33 ea is a damn fine deal and about $10 cheaper than the best price so far.

GOT S1-4 x3 just for fun 150EUR -- $165 $55 for 3 buddies to split "Il Trono Di Spade"

Last edited by hariseldon; 08-11-15 at 01:36 AM.
Old 08-11-15, 01:07 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts
Re: Amazon Italy B2G1 Free TV Boxsets (ST:TNG, Batman Complete included)

Thanks for posting this. I am very tempted by the Star Trek sets. Is there a link?
Old 08-11-15, 01:32 AM
DVD Talk Hero

The sale would be perfect for my needs if the original Star Trek sets were included as well. It appears that they aren't. I will probably go ahead and pick up the first six TNG sets. They will never get this cheaply released in the US.
Old 08-11-15, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

For those not using translating software, the order process is a little different than Amazon.com's process. The discount code needs to be entered into a box that doesn't appear until you click on it.
Old 08-12-15, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

For those that don't use Amazon's currency converter, it appears they've changed how it works. I had this Italian order charged in Euros since Amazon charges a hidden fee for converting Euros to Dollars.

Well, it appears changing that on a foreign Amazon site switched my default Amazon.com account to Euros as well. When making an order on Amazon.com, I had to go in and switch the default currency back to Dollars.

One gets the feeling that Amazon doesn't have the smartest employees anymore like they did ten years ago.
Old 08-12-15, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hariseldon
Batman Complete TV x3 (mini group buy?) - 90.27 ($100) -- $33 ea is a damn fine deal and about $10 cheaper than the best price so far.
I tried this just for fun, and it looks like Batman Complete TV has been removed from the promo.

(Thanks hariseldon, for these posts. Got ST TNG 1-7 last month -- all with slips).

How the heck do you find out about all these overseas bargains?

Last edited by That'sAllFolks; 08-12-15 at 10:52 PM.
Old 08-12-15, 11:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks
I tried this just for fun, and it looks like Batman Complete TV has been removed from the promo.

(Thanks hariseldon, for these posts. Got ST TNG 1-7 last month -- all with slips).

How the heck do you find out about all these overseas bargains?
I get emails from Amazon.fr and Amazon.it from time to time notifying me of special promotions. More frequently now since I recently placed orders from each.
Old 08-12-15, 11:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by hariseldon
I get some from those as well as Germany and of course UK, but like most Amazon,.com emails they rarely have any real deals (Titles in my wishlist or related to it, things related to what I've put in my cart sometimes not even on sale) though sometimes it will make me click to the site which often may turn up something else fun.
Same here, but recently I have been getting a bunch of "promotions" emails from both sites. Sometimes I check them out, but I usually pass.