Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Batman: The Complete TV Series ~ $95 shipped @ Amazon.de

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-18, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Batman: The Complete TV Series ~ $95 shipped @ Amazon.de

Thread bump

A friend of mine recently got the Germany set real cheap, but he didn't know the episode guide book and disc labels would be in German. Are the other OUS sets (Italian?) the same way? I thought I read something about the OUS sets only having the foreign language text only on the back card and the everything else was English.
Old 06-05-18, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by hariseldon
The Italian set is 100% English except the stick-on info sheet on the back cover

Judging from the booklet and ratings logos on the Discs plus the "For Rental or Resale" on the disc label my guess is these are actually the UK internal contents
Thanks. Not sure what he will do, but I guess that means the German set is the only one with non-english everywhere on the booklets and labeling. Bummer.
Old 06-06-18, 08:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

There are pictures in the German Review section that shows the disc labels in German but what looks like English on the spines.

I wonder if he could get an English Episode Guide from Warner for a few dollars if he wrote to them and asked nicely. I've been surprised at some of the requests that Warner will help with (and baffled by more simple things they won;t). It won't help the disc art, but I'm sure that;s the least of the problem. Ebay seems to have all sorts of pieces for sale or even a photocopy of the booklet if he just wanted to read the material and was less concerned with having an original booklet.
I've saw the German set in detail recently because it's the version my friend ordered and received thinking everything would be in English other than the info sheet on the back. We watched a few of our favorites and verified the discs themselves are fine.

I'll let him know about the idea of contacting them for an English booklet since that is the biggest issue. Do you have the contact info?
Old 06-06-18, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I had wondered if sometime they might have repackaged the set at some point and changed some of the language since I thought it was odd that the spines were in English, but the discs and booklet weren't. OTOH, no stranger than having the Italian release completely English.

Possible contact info -- it looks like the dropdown menu has Home Video/DVD selections and I think I've used this menu to get Digital Copy help.
https://www.warnerbros.com/customer-service
I'm thinking it's more likely that each of these OUS options has the same "cases" and only the booklet, disc labels, and info card change for each version. Just makes it confusing which will have English for the booklet and disc labels or not.

I've emailed them to see if they will send me a booklet that I can give him. It's the least I can do since I'm the one that told him the OUS versions were the same other than the info card.